AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: KZAP Fly-Fishing reef and flats.....any suggestions? - 10/04/01 04:04 AM
We want to fish the flats and reef with someone into fly-fishing. Need to know what to bring in February that drives those fishies wild.

Also, I would love to do a beach BBQ with our catch, though we're used to catch and release here in N.Cal.

So, if there's someone special who knows their stuff sure would like to get a name so we can "hook" up....groan
More on this subject just recently: //ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum4/HTML/003614.html
I would be happy to pass along fishing info. You can contact me at [email protected]
We were there in Sept and fished with a local guide named "Hilly-Boo". Great guy, knows the area very well. Any of the hotels will know him, just ask around.

Good luck!
Try El Pescador.. good fishing lodge, equipment, guides, as you need.
El Pescador is the best of all resorts offering fishing. Mainly because that is exactly their motiff. Other resorts simply offer fishing along with a lot of other typical resort fares. They would like to think of themselves as fishing resorts, however El Pescador is truly the only fishing resort on the island.
hey....KZAP!

Dont listen to them.....

We were down there in may and if ya really want to rough it...

Go to the pull ferry and fish in the flats just off the path about 1/4 mile past the ferry. (on the left side)

Cuda, some bones (not many) but lots of red snapper.

Wait till a cuda snaps your line! Cool!

Great fishing without paying ( the way it should be ).....

Chartruse, and pink clousers and got a few on small weighted jigs. Chartruse and pink also.

Wade in but use caution cause there's crocks in dem waters.

Thats what they told me. Did'nt see em, But it really kept me looking in ALL directions.

Its excellant fishing the charters.
I like to rough it!

After all it is an Island, is'nt it?

Good luck.....

Strech some mono for me.

PS, I don't on here to often anymore.....

let me know if it worked for you.
[email protected]

hacker

[This message has been edited by hacker (edited 10-16-2001).]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board