AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: lovey and thurston Try this resturant - 10/17/01 10:52 PM
For you first timers or returnee's do try the Hide Away's new menu. The former chef from Chan Chich is now in charge of the resturant and the food is wonderful. Big variety on the menu and extremely reasonable. They have daily specials both for lunch and dinner so check it out. If you want a great salad try the shrimp salad with walnut and balsamic. Yum!
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: Try this resturant - 10/18/01 12:43 AM
Please tell me the Texas girls still have country fried steak and mashed potatoes and gravy!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lovey and thurston Re: Try this resturant - 10/18/01 04:07 AM
Not to worry , the girls still have chicken fried steak,and alot more. They have a new funky Texas/Island decor in the resturant and it is fun. Check out the VIP table with chairs of the local island "celebrities"
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Try this resturant - 10/18/01 11:27 AM
Thanks for confirming the gravy thing. Don't know what we'd do without the biscuit and gravy breakfast several days a week. I've been "told" that they even have a "adult refreshment center" that from time to time will make a funny colored drink.
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Try this resturant - 10/18/01 01:34 PM
Glad ta hear those Texas women went "haunt cuisine". Understand their now puttin parsley on da plates.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Try this resturant - 10/18/01 02:19 PM
Ah, Bill,

That's NOT parsley.

(Geez, aren't ya up a bit early?)
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Try this resturant - 10/19/01 09:12 AM
Not up early, I'm up late.
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: Try this resturant - 10/19/01 03:55 PM
Not parsely??? Now I know why I am so happy and in a giddy mood after eating there...
Posted By: KC Re: Try this resturant - 10/19/01 05:41 PM
LOL...

And do they make brownies?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: Try this resturant - 10/19/01 09:35 PM
OooOoooo yes, brownies!!! do they make them? Not regular brownies.... the "very special" brownies? lol
Posted By: silkpainter Re: Try this resturant - 10/20/01 10:35 AM
Just ate there yesterday (2x) Breakfast - biscuits and sausage gravy and Dinner - chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and salad. Took the New York style cheesecake home for later. What a way to come off a juice fast.

Did you know that the Hideaway has a cosmetologist living and working there now? Her name is Carol and she's from Georgia. Got my hair cut and my toes painted (sparkly blue) Now I don't feel so scruffy.
--Silk
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Try this resturant - 10/20/01 12:27 PM
Now, THERE'S a gal who knows how to eat! I think I'll pass on the nail polish however.
Posted By: Sandcrab Re: Try this resturant - 10/20/01 05:16 PM
Hey Chooch,

You could paint your toenails blue to match your drink. Like a trademark.

Jim
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Try this resturant - 10/20/01 11:59 PM
I'd like ta order da Chicken Fried Steak with mash potatoes and gravy. And hey, howabouta Pedicure and Mud Facial on da side.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Try this resturant - 10/21/01 01:06 AM
Please For Placencia on Nov. 3rd at the Hideaway!!!!! C&R...Silkpainter..Thanks for the donations!!!!! I wonder if Carol would help me cut hair for the benefit??? C
Posted By: silkpainter Re: Try this resturant - 10/21/01 03:46 PM
Choo Choo - how did you know she painted my toenails blue?
--Silk
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board