AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: KimBehindDoorNbr3 Thanksgiving Day/Night Bash? - 10/24/01 07:57 PM
We're staying at Ramon's & celebrate our wedded blissdom on Thanksgiving each year. Got married on Jamaica surrounded by "The Traveling A**holes" (18 of our closest friends most of whom we met that week). Yep, we're etiquette freaks in Casa Worley.

Looking for a boatload of good friends, good beer and adequate but heaping grub.

Whaddaya think!?!

Thanks!

K.
Posted By: RobertE Re: Thanksgiving Day/Night Bash? - 10/24/01 09:26 PM
Kim,

You'll find most of us friendly people, ie. "drunks" at BC's Beach Bar. Great place, can't miss it. First have an overpriced Purple Parrot at Ramon's to say you "been there, done that" then stumble from Ramon's North past the Palms and Belizean Reef and there you are at the most heavenly little beachfront bar. Ask Ernie (Ernie is the bomb as far as bartenders go !)to fix you a drink affectionately called the "Blue Hole" or the "Tidy Bowl" Thursday is usually Cajun night food wise. But I'm sure Charlene and Bruce will probably whip up something special for us Gringo's celebrating Turkey Day. If not, you can't go wrong with her burritos or Nachos with "real" homemade tortilla chips. Nothing fancy but damn good and cheap! A good way to save extra money for more booze! BC's is an institution an unimposing little place which makes it so great! No frills, the perfect adult beverage center. Just walk past their trash cans on the weekend and look at all the rum bottles stacked up. Too bad the local rum companies aren't traded on the stock exchange! See ya there!
Posted By: KimBehindDoorNbr3 Re: Thanksgiving Day/Night Bash? - 10/25/01 01:48 PM
(giggling...)

Robert-

Oh, I was confused, again!!! I thought BC's was the place we were supposed plunk our tookies the minute we dumped our bags, only to be surgically removed from the bar stool when someone pours us into an outbound puddle jumper. (Hmmmm, why bother with hotel reservations!?!)

I didn't know it was for "swanky Casa Worley" special occasions, too! Gonna Be Perfect !!!

Can't wait to meet you and Ernie! (Oh, oh...I'll have to order a round as my own personal Bert and Ernie Tribute!) Hey, maybe I could sing your favorite songs--then I could be the Bert & Ernie Tribute Band!!!

Oh, so much wackiness...so little time!

Cheers!

K.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Thanksgiving Day/Night Bash? - 10/25/01 02:35 PM
Oh oh, this smells like trouble.

CC
Posted By: RobertE Re: Thanksgiving Day/Night Bash? - 10/25/01 03:50 PM
Kim,

That's what usually happens. We waste good money on a room and there is less money for booze. I may have to rethink our reservations as there are some lounge chairs on the beach that would serve as a place to snooze. Anyway, feel free to shoot me an e-mail and we can discuss this swanky event.

[email protected]

PS - Beer and burritos are acceptable breakfast food despite what your mother might say!
Yes, but remember our slogan --
"Beer. It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

Have a blast.

Mike Ryan
Posted By: RobertE Re: Thanksgiving Day/Night Bash? - 10/25/01 04:55 PM
My Favorite - "Beer, Helping ugly people to have sex since......"
Posted By: VIPER Re: Thanksgiving Day/Night Bash? - 10/25/01 06:52 PM
MY WIFE HAS THAT POSTED ON THE FRIDGE!!!!
HMMMMMM---wonder what she is trying to say here?????? I better have another breakfast beer and think about it....shouldn't take more than six or eleven Belikins!!!
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Thanksgiving Day/Night Bash? - 10/25/01 07:22 PM
Yup, why anybody would want to spend their afternoon's in San Pedro shiftless and drinking irresponsibly is beyond me.

Particularly when with a good, reliable alarm you could actually start in the morning.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board