AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: sharri 10 WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!! - 02/02/02 05:15 AM
Hey from Iowa City, Iowa. My husband & I will be in Ambergrise Caye April 16-23. Questions/suggestions---he's planning to do his certification for scuba diving after we get there. Are there places to snorkel right off the beach? Should we book cave-tubing from our hotel(Banana Beach)? Visit the Ruins? Can't wait for the trip!! Thanks for any input. Sharon
Posted By: Marty Re: 10 WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!! - 02/02/02 07:54 PM
by far the best snorkeling is out at the reef....

its not expensive to get out there, and well worth it.... I'm sure Tim can book the cave tubing for you, or you can contact Ian Anderson at [email protected]..

info on their trips is at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/cavesbranch.html

more at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/cavetubing.html

I'd wait to book the trip to the ruins til you get there, or at least til right before you go, to match your schedule with the tours. I'd get ahold of them a couple days before you leave to find out what days they are going, and let them know your group will be with them on a certain day so they can plan for it too...
Posted By: BankerWoman Re: 10 WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!! - 02/04/02 11:53 PM
Hey Sharri --- We're from Bettendorf, Iowa, 60 miles east of you! (We have a daughter at UIowa!) We'll be in AC 4/14 - 4/24, same time as you. Staying at Caribbean Villas. Where are you staying? E-mail me at [email protected] and we can trade Iowa "stories". Maybe see you there for a libation or two?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board