AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Seaislegal Golf Carts - 02/11/02 06:15 PM
I'll be staying at Banana Beach for a week. Is it worth getting a golf cart to get into town and such, and where is the best place to rent one for a week?

Thanks!
Andrea in Atlanta
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Golf Carts - 02/11/02 06:42 PM
I wouldn't do it for the whole week. I stayed there and did it a couple of days. Best way to explore the place is on foot.
Posted By: Raymond S Re: Golf Carts - 02/11/02 11:33 PM
I would get a golf cart. Realize that I am lazy and when I want to walk I would walk...or stagger from the Mata Rocks or Tropica beach bars near Banana Beach. Banana Beach made arrangements for me last year and the longer you reserve the golf cart for the lower, of course, the average daily cost and every day there is a new one there for you, all charged up and ready to go. Very convenient. Contact them.
Posted By: Debbie Re: Golf Carts - 02/12/02 01:58 AM
Get a cart. Some days, depending on time of year, it's SO HOT during the noontime. Plus there are some really fun places to go that you may want to return to that are just a bit far. Like Sweet Basil's or the Palapa. Not to mention the cases of beer, pop and water you would have to lug back to your place.... We had a ball with it. Not to mention, that with all beer, coconut rum and pineapple, water and pop I was drinking, I sure had to pee a lot!!! LOL [Linked Image] Not fun when you're on foot.
Debbie

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 02-11-2002).]
Posted By: Chloe Re: Golf Carts - 02/12/02 02:38 AM
Golf Cart is a must like Debbie said for a couple of days, or two half days.
When last in San Pedro, the town roped off front street on the weekends. Therefore it would be difficult to get where you are going on Front street, then the parking on side streets gets jammed. But do it.
Posted By: Raymond S Re: Golf Carts - 02/12/02 04:17 PM
Chloe is correct about Front Street being "roped off" on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. From about six p.m. till ?

Still a cart is soooooooooooo much more convenient and if one(s) have the urge to walk the beach, then park the cart.

Be sure to lock the cart with the padlocks, by "double-tieing" the chain for it could 'walk off' even though padlocked if the steering wheel has any 'play.'
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board