AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: lifeisgood4dave Questions from a newcomer! - 05/20/02 05:40 AM
Hello All, I am venturing on my own to San Pedro for the first time next month. Primarily there for diving but I can use all the info I can get about the place. I don't know anyone down there but I have no problem meeting new people and hope to make new friends.. Some questions..
Are people friendly there?
Is there a lot to do other than dive??
If so, what?
Are there any places that you think I "absolutly must see"?
Any suggestions on restaruants?
Is there night life?
Should I be worried about crime?
Anything else that you think I need to know.. feel free.
I'm going down on 6/15 for a week or so..
Can't wait.
Look forward to some replys.
Thanks in advance.
Dave
Posted By: paluxy Re: Questions from a newcomer! - 05/20/02 04:52 PM
Hello Lifeisgood,
I have not had the pleasure of going to AC yet but my husband & I will be there from 6/10-6/17. This board has been a life saver. I have met many a great people here. We are cave tubing before u get there but I hear it is a must hands down! Contact Rebecca at [email protected] she can set u up, they have a minimum of six but it is no problem to find takers, heck I think we are over our minimum now just with the chatters! That's is about all I can help on without getting in over my head! Good Luck...look us up, we are at the North end at Journeys End!
Sharon & Scott
Posted By: mountain Larry Re: Questions from a newcomer! - 05/20/02 04:59 PM
Lifeisgood'
What Paluxy said, DITTO
Posted By: Gela Re: Questions from a newcomer! - 05/20/02 05:50 PM
lifeisgood4dave,
AC is one of the friendliest places you will ever visit. It's the reason I'm going back for the third time in a year.
Must see:
Snorkeling at Shark Ray Alley
Day trip to Lamanai (Tanisha Tours was great)
Cave Tubing (will be doing that on 6/14)
Restaurants:
BCs BBQ on Sunday
Jambel Jerk Pit
Sweet Basils (open for lunch only except Mon)
There seems to be little crime on AC, just be a good traveler and secure your valuables, take a taxi late at night if you're far from your hotel. Just your normal precautions.
You will have a great time and will want to come back!
Posted By: Temi Re: Questions from a newcomer! - 05/20/02 08:49 PM
Hi lifeisgood4dave,

Are people friendly there? People are friendly from Visitors to Island residents. Dont worry to give a big smile cause it will be returned

Is there a lot to do other than dive??
If so, what? Yes there is so many things Snorkling just taking a walk down the beach or relaxing to the sun. You can go on a tour to the mainland ruins. Just ask any dive shop and they will give you all the info. If you like BasketBall you can always go to a friendly game with the locals at the Park, or just sit infront of the sea and take down a Belikin Beer.

Are there any places that you think I "absolutly must see"? Oh yes, HOCHAN & SHARK RAY ALLEY (nursing sharks) If you feel like doing an adventure try to locate the Maya Ruin that is on the Island (Hint It is south on the island)

Any suggestions on restaruants? The best way to do it is visit every single one of them DELISOUS

Is there night life? Jaguars Disco, Barefoot Iguana Disco, Big Daddies, Shark's Bar..... and so many others.
Should I be worried about crime? No. I have a question. At home would you go into a dark alley? answer no right. [Linked Image]

Anything else that you think I need to know.. Bring your sunscreen lots of towels and just relax and enjoy being under the spell of LA ISLA BONITA.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board