AmbergrisCaye.com Home
My fiance and I have decided to scrap the big wedding we were planning for the fall and are now hurriedly trying to put together a "destination wedding"/honeymoon in Belize. We've already picked a jungle location for the first half of our stay on the mainland and are now trying to decide which hotel on AC would provide the best location to host our wedding ceremony and the relaxing portion of our honeymoon. Based on the websites and word of mouth alone, I've narrowed it down to Portofino and Mata Chica. I'd like to pick the location with the most beautiful "backdrop" for the ceremony (my mother will kill me if I don't have a ton of pictures taken) and with a high level of service, as I will be planning the wedding from afar. Any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!
I would also consider Victoria House - do a search on the board and you will find some weddings. Beautiful location!
Well the more i think about the tougher the decision is between the both. I have been to both of them many times when i lived there but never stayed there for a night. I was shown all there rooms at both places. Portofino is about 1.5 miles north of mata chica. Portofino is pretty much brand new. mata chica has a great dining room and bar feel. Both have a great beach. I would say mata chica is more expensive then portofino.
If you feel like emailing me i have a few more [email protected]
Just had my wedding on AC April 18 at the Blue Tang Inn. If you are looking for a beautiful backdrop for pictures I would definitely consider Victoria House. Try contacting Kay Scott and asking her opinion. She is the photographer that took our pictures and I am sure she could help you out in this department. I would recommend Rocio Cardona as a wedding coordinator. She did a wonderful job for my wedding. Her and her husband are the managers of the Blue Tang Inn, but I believe she does do weddings at other hotels. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you have at [email protected].

Good Luck!
We got married last year at Victoria House and I would highly recommend it. It was absolutely beautiful and provided a wonderful backdrop for pictures. You can visit their website and see some of the beautiful wedding pictures. I had a website with all of my pictures, but sadly it has been deleted. I am currently working on a new website. I will let you know when those pictures are up. Also, if you want someone to take care of all the wedding plans for you, Iraida is the person. Her website is www.Belizeweddings.com. I didn't have to worry about a single thing the entire time. She was wonderful. I definitely couldn't have done it without her. Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful wedding. I check the board frequently, so let me know if you have any specific questions about Victoria House.

[This message has been edited by Nicki (edited 04-25-2002).]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board