AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: HCking Darts - 03/29/02 01:06 AM
Any dart boards on AC?
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Darts - 03/29/02 02:31 AM
Yes there are, and pool tables too, but be careful, these guys are good!!!!! Rick
Posted By: sscubabob Re: Darts - 03/29/02 06:26 AM
Yes. I can't remember the bar name but there are nice steel tip boards at the bar by Amigos Del Mar dive shop. Good price on beer, they have a dart team I believe. It's not a clean "tourist" place at all but I like it and the people there are great. It seems like it caters to locals despite being on the beach side. This is the first trip that I did not take my darts and regret it.
Posted By: seashell Re: Darts - 03/29/02 08:45 AM
sscubabob - Cholo's
Posted By: sscubabob Re: Darts - 03/29/02 10:12 PM
Yeah, I liked Cholo's. It's not for everyone though.
Posted By: seashell Re: Darts - 03/30/02 12:57 AM
When were you there Bob? They've spruced it up considerably (new biffies and all), as well as adding tables and chairs on the sand in front. They've even got some with beach umbrellas. It's getting too uptown if ya ask me. Next the prices will be going up. [Linked Image]
Posted By: sscubabob Re: Darts - 03/31/02 05:51 PM
Just got back. Didn't use the biffs this year. When I said "not for everyone" it was with a brain set on "tourist expectations". I liked it as I like a local feeling. I thought it was fine and I hope it doesn't get touristy as they have not raised the price of beer yet to $4 Bz as many others have.
Posted By: Debbie Re: Darts - 04/02/02 02:23 AM
Sure wish I had known about this place when I had hubby and two teen boys in tow..... They would have LOVED it!!! Would have left me alone for hours! (to shop of course or maybe take in a massage)
Debbie
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board