AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Tick Tock Ramons....need opinions.... - 05/14/02 07:03 PM
My husband and I are traveling to San Pedro again this summer...I wanted to get some feedback about Ramons.

It looks great and it has a swim up bar...WOOHOO!! I know it's walking distance to town...but I'm wondering what the grounds and atmosphere outside of Ramons is like. We stayed at Journey's End 2 years ago and loved it...but this time wanted to try somewhere new.

Any feed back would be great!!
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Ramons....need opinions.... - 05/14/02 07:32 PM
hi tick tock.

i remember you...i'm jane in pa.

ramon's is nice. if you liked JE, you will like ramon's. i was at je 8/00, ramon's 9/93. ramon's is a bit busier.

i'm trying caribe island resort this time.
Posted By: Tick Tock Re: Ramons....need opinions.... - 05/14/02 07:36 PM
janeinpa!!! Get out!! How are you??
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Ramons....need opinions.... - 05/14/02 07:46 PM
I'm not sure about that "swim up bar" thing at Ramons. Unless you count falling about 25 feet backwards off a bar stool into the water. For my money that sounds like just a bit too much effort.
Posted By: Tick Tock Re: Ramons....need opinions.... - 05/14/02 07:56 PM
LOL!! Well maybe I'm wrong...from the picture on their website it appears they have a swim up bar...the stools sure look like they're in the water...and I haven't even started drinking yet [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Do you know much about Ramons? I've been reading the older posts and it seems to get mixed reviews. Price isn't a big obstacle for us...I just want it nice and clean and romantic.

[This message has been edited by Tick Tock (edited 05-14-2002).]
Posted By: SEAduced by Belize Re: Ramons....need opinions.... - 05/14/02 08:08 PM
Ramons is probably what you are looking for. It has cute cabanas, a beautiful pool, a great beach, lovely gardens and a full service dive shop. It is walking distance to town.
I live here, but my aunt stayed there and loved it.
Enjoy your stay!
Posted By: lmarquis Re: Ramons....need opinions.... - 05/14/02 09:18 PM
I prefer a quieter location. Ramones is right across the street from the airport, is overpriced and very touristy. That is just my humble opinion. Plus, the cabanas are very close together and small.
Posted By: SunChaser Re: Ramons....need opinions.... - 05/14/02 09:20 PM
I know what you are talking about, I had a flash back from one night at Ramon's. They are sort of "raised" stepping stone bar stools in the pool that lead to the fountain...they do look like bar stools...we all walked out on the fountain and had a group picture taken!
Posted By: Mr B Re: Ramons....need opinions.... - 05/15/02 03:15 AM
Stayed at Ramon's last June. The place is great for location, beach etc. The rooms are not that small and you can't hear the planes unless you are placed in a far back unit and even then I don't believe it would be bothersome. It's not like the airport is JFK or anything!! Some people have a problem with Ramon's because of the price but if price is not a concern than you can't beat it!!!
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Ramons....need opinions.... - 05/15/02 04:52 AM
i did the beachfront cabana in 93 and thought it was small and kinda basic. nice view, tho. a friend said the second floor units were bigger with kitchenette?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board