AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Victoria Belizean Shores - 05/30/02 03:54 PM
Anyone stayed at Belizean Shores recently? If so, what are the best ocean front rooms, upstairs or down? And, is the restaurant/bar open? Going in August and staying there, so curious as to how it is.

Victoria
Posted By: watt Re: Belizean Shores - 05/30/02 05:23 PM
We are going next week and I will let you know. Make sure you get an upstairs unit as they are bigger and have a loft. Also do a search on this board and search for Belizean Shores and you will pull up a lot of remarks about the place.
Posted By: Victoria Re: Belizean Shores - 05/30/02 05:26 PM
Thanks .... look forward to your report on your trip ... have a GREAT time!!!
Posted By: Josh Re: Belizean Shores - 05/30/02 05:36 PM
Buildings 1 and 12 are the front buildings on the beach. Units b and d are the top condos. my choice 12d is the best unit. But remember all the buildings are angled so everyone has a view. Still have not heard if the restaurant is open yet. Enjoy Josh Brewer
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Belizean Shores - 05/31/02 02:34 PM
I have been told by an always reliable source that the BZS bar/restaurant would be open no later than June 30th. For those of you familiar with AC, I will add that they did, in fact, mean THIS YEAR.
Posted By: denverdan Re: Belizean Shores - 06/01/02 01:03 PM
yep, bar/restaurant should be pretty much ready to roll... and the pool there is fabulous!!
Have a great trip.
Posted By: nalyd Re: Belizean Shores - 06/01/02 01:10 PM
the pool there definitely looks huge...

how far from town is this place...

also how far from town is victoria house?
Posted By: Josh Re: Belizean Shores - 06/01/02 03:16 PM
Belizean Shores in 4 miles north
Victoria house is about the same or a little less south. Josh
Posted By: KJ Re: Belizean Shores - 06/02/02 05:58 PM
Our family of four was at BS Easter time. We would go back again in a second, were trying for next March. The people there are friendly, and very helpful. The accomodations were very well kept, and comfortable. We stayed in an upstairs unit, with a "sea view". Was wonderful, views we enjoyed daily at breakfast and dawn from the spacious porch area. Though it is 4 miles from town we took bikes (which are free at BS) and went into town everyday. The draw back is the ferry closes at 8:00 PM so if you plan a night in town you need to take a water taxi which is $5 US each way, but easy to do. Many other restaurants near by within walking distance, and two within biking distance north of the cut. We kayaked out to snorkle and fish (kayaks provided free) and snorkeled from the dock too, but be carefull of the boats. Have a great time, its hard not to.
Kathie
Posted By: Josh Re: Belizean Shores - 06/03/02 11:44 PM
Just talked with my friend that lives at Belizean Shores and she said August/September for the restaurant. Just passing along info..Josh
Posted By: Victoria Re: Belizean Shores - 06/04/02 02:02 PM
Thanks Josh for all of the info ... did you friend say if the pool bar is open?
Posted By: Josh Re: Belizean Shores - 06/04/02 09:20 PM
The pool bar is open for beer,soda and mix drinks but for food im not sure...my guess no.Josh
Posted By: FosterStars Re: Belizean Shores - 06/18/02 09:47 PM
Victoria:

You are going to LOVE Belizean Shores. We just had an absolutely fabulous 8 nights there in the perfect sea-front condo. The staff was all very nice and with small guest totals, they referred to you by name and were willing to address any issues you had.

The pool is fantastic, from what I was told the best on the island. It has a cool swim-up bar where you can enjoy the best mango daquiris and pina coladas. Say hello to the bartender, Sonya, and to her friend Angela.

Don't be surprised if Eddie -- the youngest (8 months old) of property manager Doug's two golden labradors -- jumps in and swims up to the swim-up bar with you. He'll find his own seat, and he prefers Pina Coladas if you are buying. The pool/bar is a big deal because, as you will learn, the beachfront area at many properties doesn't exactly look conducive to swimming.

Our preferance was to walk to the bar for a drink, then to go out and get sun on the pier. They have a great dock with a small swimming area there, and they certainly had the cleanest beach area of any property within walking distance.

And you have to spend at least one night lying in the hammock looking up at the stars. With the Caribbean breeze blowing as it usually does, it's the most comfortable evening you can possibly have -- we did that almost every night. Through that breeze you can just barely hear the waves breaking against the reef just off the coast.
Posted By: Victoria Re: Belizean Shores - 06/18/02 10:15 PM
Thanks so much, Fosterstars ... I'm a lot better now knowing the pool bar is open! And it's great to hear that BS is such a nice place, being our first trip to Belize I really was just taking a chance. Now I'm really ready to go! Thanks again...
Posted By: tmasjuan Re: Belizean Shores - 06/19/02 02:27 AM
Hello Fosterstars!!! It's Tracey. Anyone else, ditto to what Fosterstars says about BS. I was there, only for five days, and found the property exactly what I wanted-nothing but total relaxation!! The pool is nothing short of captivating- and downright sexy! The managers and staff are genuine in the desire to make your vacation as comfortable as possible, with pleasant, friendly attitudes for all requests. After seeing some of the other hotels in the area, I consider it my good fortune that I found Belizean Shores!! Remember, it is about 4 miles from town, but if it's what you're looking for, there's nothing better! Fosterstars- can't wait to see you and Alex again!! Take care.
Posted By: Victoria Re: Belizean Shores - 06/19/02 02:47 PM
tmasjuan & foreststars... did you rent a golf cart for use while you were there? Do you recommend doing that, or just relying on the water taxis and bicycles? Thanks!
Posted By: watt Re: Belizean Shores - 06/19/02 09:26 PM
Hey Foster and Tracey. It's Kym!! (Did you get my e-mail?) We were there all at the same time and had a blast!! It is the greatest place and am already planning a return. We rented a golf cart and pretty much shared with everyone. Only had it part of the time and felt that was enough. Polo's only charged us $150 US for 5 days rental. Make sure you negotiate on the rate. You will also need to change it out each time you go into town. If you are into nightlife, then make sure you use the water taxi as the hand ferry closes at 8:00 p.m. The road from BS to town is very bumpy and has bugs but we had lots of fun with the cart. It was also great to use it to go to Rendevous and CayeMart. You can drive on the beach all the way from Capt'n Morgan's to Journey's End. The top units are the best as they have a loft and feel bigger than the lower units. However, if you don't like climbing steep stairs, get the bottom unit. You might ask Doug or the staff to make sure your air conditioning is turned on before you arrive as it was hotter than hell when we got there. We immediately turned on the a/c, grabbed a cold beer and jumped in the pool. Nighttime swimming and the hot tub are great and you will not believe the stars. Also, if the BS boat is going into town you can always get a free ride. We did this a few times and only had to pay to get back to the condo. Hope you have a great trip. P.S. If you smoke Marlboro or any brand other than Benson and Hedges, bring tons as you won't find them there [Linked Image]

Foster and Tracey -- I will be in Dallas July 11th and 12th as well as the 24th through the 26th. Do you guys want to hook up for cocktails and share pics? E-mail me at [email protected].

[This message has been edited by watt (edited 06-19-2002).]

[This message has been edited by watt (edited 06-19-2002).]
Posted By: FosterStars Re: Belizean Shores - 07/01/02 08:19 PM
Tracey and Kym:

Sorry I'm just now seeing your messages. I've had a pretty hectic two weeks since my return.

Let me know when you are getting here -- I think you have my numbers, correct? Tracey, I assume your return home went well.

I've got 5 or 6 rolls of photos and they all turned out great.

Alex returned to LA on the 16th and it doesn't appear right now that she will be moving to Dallas any time soon. I'm sure you don't want to hear the details on a message board, but I just thought you guys might want to know that.

Anyway, hope to hear from you guys soon. Kym, tell drunk Kenny I said hello -- and sober Kenny too (they are two different people, you know?)
Posted By: FosterStars Re: Belizean Shores - 07/15/02 09:07 PM
Victoria:

make sure to post upon your return and let us know what you thought. you are going to LOVE belizean shores
Posted By: tmasjuan Re: Belizean Shores - 07/16/02 03:33 AM
Hey Kym and Fosterstars! Just checking to say hello. Any plans to return to Paradise anytime soon?!! Fosterstars, I'd love to see your pics if you want to share them. You can email me at [email protected]. Hope things are going well. Everyone else, if you're considering Belizean Shores as your place to stay, I hope you'll love it as much as I did!
Posted By: Victoria Re: Belizean Shores - 07/16/02 03:43 PM
Just 3 weeks and 2 days till we are off, can't wait!! I will absolutely post when we return to let you know what we thought of Belizean Shores, but from all accounts I've read so far we are in for a treat!

Anyone know if the restaurant is open there yet? And one more question, how far is the Caye Mart from there and do they carry a pretty good variety of food & drink?? Thanks!
Posted By: FosterStars Re: Belizean Shores - 07/16/02 04:28 PM
Victoria:

Caye Mart is a very short walk from there. In fact, it's right in front of the property immediately to the south (which was essene way).

We bought our drinks there at Caye Mart every day. They have a fridge filled with beer, sodas, water, etc. They also have some sandwich meat, bread, cheese, peanut butter, coconuts, coffee. ...basic staples, along with cleaning supplies.

We just bought a days worth of drinks every time because we enjoyed the short walk -- plus the family that owns the place is so pleasant. They have four littls girls -- Elena, Micheala (SP?), Mariah and Olivia. Cutest things you've ever seen, and a cute little puppy named spot (he's great. ...he won't leave the porch without being told). I took several pictures of the girls and their dogs and they turned out great.

In fact, Elena (who is probably 6) has her own little business. ...she sells seashells (yes, by the seashore). she wraps them in saran wrap and charges $1 belize (I gave her $1 US. ...the extra was a tip). And, if you ask, she'll paint them for you for another $1 belize and have them back the next day.

What they don't have is liquor, so you should buy that in san pedro. but they have plenty of beliken, which was about all i needed.
Posted By: lilwings Re: Belizean Shores - 07/16/02 04:38 PM
Victoria - Looks like we will be in AC at the same time. I will be there from Aug. 1-10. I'm getting married while I'm there. We're staying at Captain Morgan's Retreat.

This is our first time to AC, what about you? I don't know if were staying close together but maybe we can meet one night.

Look forward to talking with you further.
Posted By: Victoria Re: Belizean Shores - 07/16/02 04:51 PM
lilwings ... looks like we may just miss each other; we arrive late afternoon of 8/9, don't know what's going on when we get there since yes, it is our first trip. How great to be getting married there ... I've heard the sunset catamaran trip to Capricorn's is supposed to real romantic so try to do that while you are there, we're sure going to and we're an old married couple of 18 years! Let me know if you guys have plans for the night of the 9th and maybe we can find you...
Posted By: watt Re: Belizean Shores - 07/16/02 05:17 PM
Victoria,

Check out the pictures I posted as "pictures" today. There are a ton of Belizean Shores.
Posted By: lilwings Re: Belizean Shores - 07/16/02 06:40 PM
Victoria

We do have plans to take the catameran ride and eat at Capricorn. We did not do a honeymoon package or dive package. We thought we would rather take it one day at a time and decide from there what and when we want to do. From the board and a personal friend I hear Capricorn's is the best.

Be sure and check out Watt's pictures they are beautiful and BS looks great. I hope you have a great time. The 9th will be our last night there, no plans at this time. If we are close to BS shores I will check there for a Victoria, if that's okay.
Posted By: Victoria Re: Belizean Shores - 07/16/02 07:23 PM
lilwings ... that would be great, just ask for Vicki & Gerry that checked in that day. Hope you have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon!

watt, I did check out the pictures ... how gorgeous! Now I really cannot wait! Great pictures...thanks.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board