AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: niki anyone know - 06/02/02 10:34 PM
okay, when i was little my father moved us to Ambergris Caye. me and my older brohter be-friended an older man, captian ramone(i think that is how you spell it, maybe ramon) anyways, he would take us out of his glass bottom boat and to the reef to snokle...i was wondering if his buisness is still going and if was still around on the island..any tips would be great
thanks....
Posted By: Wendy Re: anyone know - 06/03/02 01:06 AM
I think you are speaking of Ramon Badillo (sp?). My first trip in 1992 we went in his glass bottom boat! It is his boat in one of the well known prints available.
I believe he passed away last fall. He was very elderly. Can someone confirm this?
Posted By: snowbird Re: anyone know - 06/04/02 06:15 PM
Unfortunately yes Mr Badillo did pass away - the end of last year. He was a wonderful storyteller! His son Geraldo tours the ElGato catamaran but the glass bottom boat was destroyed in the last hurricane.
Posted By: BankerWoman Re: anyone know - 06/04/02 08:05 PM
And for anyone reading this, our sunset/moonlight trip on the El Gato with Geraldo and Justo in April was the highpoint of our trip. You truly realize how good life is as you watch the stars come out with a rum punch in hand and the sound of Belizean flutes in the background. Romantic to the nth degree. And Geraldo certainly has a bit of the elder Mr. Badillo in him as he can spin a tale with the best of them. For only $80 U.S. for two, I recommend this adventure for everyone with a little romance in their hearts.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board