AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: missgompers Just Returned From AC - 07/17/02 11:47 PM
Just returned from a week in AC. Went same time last year. This year was even better!
We stayed at Coconuts again for a great price. Last year we had a bottom floor room with no great view. This year we got an upstairs corner room with a great view. We had a few little problems this time like the hot water didn't work on our last night and the air conditioner didn't cool too well on our first night. But it was no big deal. Even cold showers on Ambergris Caye feel warmer than back home.
So we took our tours with Searious Adventures again this year. We had Juan and his little son Gabriel as guides for Mexico Rocks and Hol Chan. It was great fun. He is so nice and friendly.
We also took Willy's Manatee Adventure again. We had more fun on it than last year. I highly, highly suggest this tour.
We also decided to try Lamanai this year. We did Altun Ha last year. Although we did see monkeys and an amazing carved Maya head. I liked Altun Ha better. I thought the ruins were just as interesting without the long trip. But Willy was our guide for Lamanai. And he is so great - as always.
We discovered The Blue Water Grill this time and therefore spent too much on dinners. But the coconut shrimp kept calling us. We had some of the best pizza at this new little place a little bit North on the road behind Cocnuts. It's owned by some nice folks from Washington I believe. Cheap and Tasty. We also tried Celi's for the first time and enjoyed that. Looks like I will spend this year dreaming of next year's trip!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board