AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: divediva Capt. Morgan Question - 08/19/02 04:37 PM
I'm looking for some information on Capt Morgans. I'm would like to get married on AC next year and wondering if this is a nice enough place for a small ceremony (just the two of us). ALso how are the rooms?

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Posted By: lilwings Re: Capt. Morgan Question - 08/19/02 05:09 PM
I was just married at Captain Morgan's on August 5th. We absolutely thought it was perfect. It was everything we both wanted and had dreamed for. Our ceremony was just the two of us too plus what people were there & on the beach at the time of our wedding. If you would like you can go check some of our pictures out. The website is www.kyautosales.com/belize.htm the ones on the site are far away because they were staying out of the way of our photographer. I have the professional pictures developed just haven't had the time to scan and upload them yet. As for the resort, CM was everything we wanted. I can't say it's the Ritz but we weren't looking for that. The huts/casita's are spacious. The bed is king size and comfy. Hint, if the bed isn't already under the window unit, move it. Made a huge difference in keeping you cool at night time. The bath is everything you need. Large tiled shower. I would go back there & stay in a heart beat. Everyone was very accomodating. We had everything we wanted. Our dinner on the beach was very romantic and our wedding was simple, relaxing and most of all STRESS FREE! Good luck to you and congratulations on your engagement.
Posted By: NYgal Re: Capt. Morgan Question - 08/19/02 05:37 PM
Those pics are so nice and refreshing.

Good Job ! !

You sure do have something to remember !
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Capt. Morgan Question - 08/19/02 08:27 PM
yes yes. very nice. congratulations.
Posted By: divediva Re: Capt. Morgan Question - 08/19/02 09:40 PM
lilwings, thank you for sharing your pictures. This looks like exactly what I was searching for. Did the people at CM do all of the arrangments i.e. minister, flowers, palm circle, photographer?
Hey, I see you are divers....we will be spending a week prior to the wedding on a liveaboard. I can't wait.
Posted By: lilwings Re: Capt. Morgan Question - 08/20/02 01:41 PM
CM did do all the arrangements for me. When we booked the trip we did not go through a travel agent we went through CM themselves. We also did not do a package because we wanted to be able to choose what we did. As for the wedding itself, CM took care of everything. We picked out the spot we wanted to get married in and told them we wanted the shells & palms. They will work with you and give you whatever. They also made my flower with items just there on the resort. I didn't call a florist. The island has a photographer, her name is Kay Scott. She has a website, www.kscott.com she was a wonderful lady. She'll do whatever you want her to do.

A liveaboard, I've always wanted to do one of those. Which one are you doing. When we were leaving to come home there was a group that had been on a liveaboard. They were talking about how much fun they had.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board