AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: yat pizza from the bun man - 08/20/02 09:23 PM
Anyone know the number for the bun man. I've been to AC 3 times over the past 2 years and I've never heard of Dennis the bun man. I'm going back in about 2 weeks and I've got to try the pizza. thanks
Posted By: beachgirl Re: pizza from the bun man - 08/20/02 09:44 PM
The condos where we stayed had a list of restaurants on San Pedro and he was listed. More than likely wherever you stay, the management will know how to contact the Bun Man.
Posted By: Damian Re: pizza from the bun man - 08/20/02 09:52 PM
There's also the bun woman who has a little beachfront bakery just south of what used to be the essenian way (which confusingly is northof the town but close if you're staying at journey's end or captain morgan's). if you go and see her (the place is crawling with kids) she'll cook for you the most delicious caribbean sweet buns you'll ever eat for breakfast. Her place is on the golf cart track north of the island just where you turn onto the beach to continue your journey.bon appetit!
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: pizza from the bun man - 08/20/02 10:12 PM
After the last hurricane, which destroyed Dennis's house just north of Banyan Bay, he and Mrs Bun Man moved further south almost to Victoria House. Because of that, my friend Dennis will basically only deliver as far north as Coconuts. (At least that's what he told me in April). Most of the resorts in that area can give you his phone number (I have it somewhere here, but I'm grumpy and too lazy to look).

This is an evening only operation, no more than two at a time. During the day the "Bun Man" masquerades as a member of management at Tropic Air. Nice guy, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how he makes such a damn good pizza using a regular household electric oven.

That should about cover it.

CC
Posted By: yat Re: pizza from the bun man - 08/20/02 10:22 PM
I guess I'm out of luck. I'll be staying at Ruby's. Sounds like the bun man won't deliver that far from home. Oh, well. I'll be giving the ladies down by the park plenty of business.
Posted By: Damian Re: pizza from the bun man - 08/20/02 10:27 PM
Well Ruby's does good cinnabuns every morning and a cool, cooooool watermelon juice.
Posted By: david1960c Re: pizza from the bun man - 08/20/02 11:31 PM
Count me in. Never could pass up a good pie
even if it is in AC. Good thing I'll be staying at BBeach within delivery area.
Posted By: BankerWoman Re: pizza from the bun man - 08/21/02 06:39 PM
I'll bet you he'd let you cart down and pick one up if you were so inclined. Call the Caribbean Villas office and ask for Emma or Lily. They'd definitely give you the number. The inquiry and the trip to pick it up would be worth it...great pizza!
Posted By: ljacks Re: pizza from the bun man - 08/27/02 03:03 AM
bun man - 226 3490
Posted By: sweetjane Re: pizza from the bun man - 08/27/02 04:16 AM
fed it (delivered) to the kids & babysitter while grown-ups went out one night. they were happy [Linked Image] so were we.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board