AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: kobi Beverages - 08/29/02 09:52 PM
We are visiting AC for 1st time Nov&Dec. Curious as to availability (sizes) and pricing of alcohol, i.e. is there rye (bourbon), vodka, rum available? What sizes do they come in and pricing of same as we are wondering what we may need to bring from home when we come. Love your chat room and all the info I've seen on AC so far.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Beverages - 08/29/02 10:20 PM
BYOB - bring your own Bourbon. The rest is readily available. You can buy bourbon cheaply at the duty free on the way. Expensive (if you can find it) in Belize.
Posted By: mountain Larry Re: Beverages - 08/29/02 10:53 PM
Bring your own??? No way, but make sure to save room in your suitcase for the return trip! As for price I found most prices to be about the same as they are in the U.S.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Beverages - 08/29/02 11:05 PM
leave it all home and live on local rums. cheap and deeelish.

as my friend larry says...take as much home as you can. at like $4 a bottle at teh duty-free, it is a steal.
Posted By: kobi Re: Beverages - 09/02/02 07:20 PM
Thanks to all for your input and advice. Belize definitely sounds like the place to "simplify" life. Looking forward to this "rum" business, too.
Posted By: BrigitteBachmann Re: Beverages - 09/02/02 08:20 PM
Belikin, the beer is pretty good, too. Not like Big Rock, Grasshopper, but the premium kind of compares to Heineken.
Cheers form Canmore, Alberta
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board