AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: thebeachdrunk house , condo, or cabana - 09/10/02 06:48 PM
ok I'm going to ac in nov. for a week by myself. I've gotten use to renting beach houses in other places and islands. I have stayed in cabanas and condos in jamaica and it wasn't bad at all. but i like the privacy of a house. people are great to have dinner but on the beach, i'd rather be alone with my drink. I'd like to stay under $1000 for the week. but it has to be ocean front and nothing but. i also need a reg. size frig. for beer. So should i just go for a resort with beach front cabanas. if so where? the other places i knew about but i have no clue about belize or ac..thank so much..
Posted By: d-jon Re: house , condo, or cabana - 09/11/02 12:41 AM
you can check out
Caye Management

[email protected]
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: house , condo, or cabana - 09/11/02 01:53 AM
While you're there you might want to check out AA too. Joke -
Posted By: silkpainter Re: house , condo, or cabana - 09/11/02 05:24 PM
Try The Palms condominiums or The Belizean Reef Condos. Both are beachfront, well-maintained grounds, full size fridges, full kitchens, cable TV, daily maid service and nicely decorated. They are 5 minutes walk down the beach into town and The Palms has a pool.
--Silk www.caribbean-colors.com
Posted By: thebeachdrunk Re: house , condo, or cabana - 09/12/02 02:17 PM
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR IDEAS PEOPLE AND PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING IF ANYHTING ELSE COMES TO YOUR MINDS..HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY....BRIAN.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: house , condo, or cabana - 09/12/02 02:57 PM
i do not really like beachfront cabanas. they are usually small, hot, & have critters.

we stayed at caribe island condos this time. like the others, full kitchen, cable tv, air, good rates, nice outdoor bar & pool.

it is the most south resort, so very quiet. 10 steps to the pool, 5 more to the bar, 5 more to the beach.

here is a pic of sunrise from our room:
http://www.pbase.com/image/3510317/large
Posted By: Redheada Re: house , condo, or cabana - 09/12/02 03:03 PM
Define critters?
Posted By: sweetjane Re: house , condo, or cabana - 09/12/02 06:54 PM
once i had a crab (maybe 3 inches) scurry across the floor in the middle of the night. mostly spiders & flies, moths, nothing exotic or creepy, just bugs. it seemed they had a few more places to crawl in due to holes for plumbing & wires etc into the cabana.

also in a beachfront cabana, we just could not keep the sand off the floor, tho they swept daily. we brought more in everytime we stepped out. this meant there always seemed to be sand in the bed. > [Linked Image]

i saw no critters/bugs in the condo at caribe. and no sand in the bed.
Posted By: Bobber Re: house , condo, or cabana - 09/12/02 07:29 PM
Jane, ya just bring a lot of tiny zip-locs, and each one can have their own.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board