AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: B_b_f_b Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 09/26/02 09:28 PM
Anybody in AC on Turkey Day want to have a pub crawl? Starting at BCs ending up at the Crazy Canucks? laugh
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 09/26/02 10:15 PM
U can count a drunken Laura and Robert in for the Mayhem and Debauchery that will follow. We will just have to watch for that crazy guy by the name of Jose. He kicked the sh** out of me when he was in Denver that bastard!

Charlene - We know you are lurking out there so you better be ready for all of us as you now have been warned.
Posted By: Gela Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 09/26/02 11:33 PM
Becky, I'll be heading back to the US on the 2:00pm flight from AC but I plan to "crawl" until it's time to leave!
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 09/27/02 12:45 AM
Sure, you have to learn to crawl before you learn to walk. I must go easy on myself due to my turning another year older the day before. Ya know, advanced aging and all!
Posted By: Gela Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 09/28/02 04:18 AM
Laurie, I understand completely. I am recovering from another Birthday myself. Pacing yourself is definitely the key! Learning how to count in another base other than decimal is also helpful laugh
Posted By: Loie Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 09/29/02 05:47 PM
Note to self:

Self,

Don't forget to bring Ibuprofen to AC for your hung over friends after the Turkey Day Pub Crawl. Oh, and warn friends that they may need to help you take it as well.

Love,
Loie

P.S. Don't let RobertE do any more Tequila redecorating this year.
Posted By: cambriagal Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 09/29/02 06:07 PM
So where exactly is BC's and what time do you start crawling.
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 09/30/02 09:28 PM
BC's is right across from the air strip where the puddle jumpers land, I think. What about high noon pub crawl start? Whose bringing the Wild Turkey? cool
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/01/02 12:13 AM
I smoked a Turkey once. It was a Bit** to keep lit though
Posted By: Chloe Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/01/02 12:44 AM
BC'S is across from airstrip, but you can't find it from the street side sobber or drunk unless they have erected a sign recently.
Got to crawl the beach to find BC'S, just south of Sunbreeze. If you are crawling south and get to Ramon's you have crawled to far south, crawl back a bit. TRUTH.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/01/02 12:54 AM
I'LL PEH 5 BUCKS FI SEE TURKEYS ON THE CRAWL
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/01/02 01:28 AM
Well, Moosie, look for us crawling on November 28 between BCs and Crazy Canucks. Bring lots of $5.00 bills too!
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/01/02 01:29 AM
Well, Moosie, look for us crawling on November 28 between BCs and Crazy Canucks. Bring lots of $5.00 bills too!
Posted By: denverdan Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/01/02 04:07 PM
I wanna crawl too.......
boo hoo for me
Posted By: Beachy Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/01/02 04:33 PM
Seems to me this is a very short crawl, I say keep moving south and don't miss a spot, BC's to Crazy Canucks is only, what, four stops counting start and finish, Debbie from Barefoot Iguana was talking to me about such a crawl last month, and we thought we'd start at Toucans (Royal Palm) and go North... maybe we just crawl more?? Either way, If I can close on Thanksgiving (who eats Tapas on Turkey day??) Wife and I are in!
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/01/02 04:45 PM
Hey Beachy, this crawl is definitely open for suggestion. Make up an itinerary for us and as long as BCs is included I think a bunch of message boarders will stop by for a Beliken or two at any beach pub. cool
Posted By: Over_40_Pirate Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 03:09 AM
I hate you all... mad
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 03:58 AM
Della and I are certainly willing to participate in a Thanksgiving Parade, with the "Parade" route begining at BC's and going either north or south. Hopefully, walking in a straigh line is not a prerequisite! But, what if we start farther north and continue south? That way we would have more places to stop at.

However, I must ask one favor, since we are staying on the north side of town, someone will have to call a taxi at the end of the evening and pour us into it.

Looking forward to November smile
Posted By: lmarquis Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 07:56 PM
Becky: how about taking them all to the One Barrel Rum Bar?
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 07:58 PM
I thought you forgot about that. That would be an interesting place to crawl to or from. Gee Laurie, do you remember the way?
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 08:01 PM
Patrick E we will definitely get you home safely, RobertE is the designated driver and I'm sure he won't mind driving since he won't be drinking any Tekillya, right Roberto ? wink wink wink
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 08:06 PM
Love you Pirate, just bring yo little a-- to Belize next year, so I can get ya drunk man. Make sure you tell family I said hello, hope daughter is getting better, she is in my thoughts. :p
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 08:19 PM
Probably just Belikin and Rum Punch for me. It'll do the trick though. Maybe we should start North and crawl our way back South? Start at the Palapa, then south to Papi's for grub, then south toward Wet Willie's, Big Daddy's, Fido's, Pier Lounge, Shark's, etc.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 08:23 PM
I think you should go all the way down to the Squirrel's Nest at Mata Rocks (2 for 1 happy hour 6-7PM!!), of course stopping at Tropica & the new Banana Beach "no name" bar. We need to hear how it is - and how the renovation at Mata Rocks looks!! wink
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 08:32 PM
I have a feeling this Turkey Day is going to be one to remember. How bouts we start at 12 down by Palapa (does anyone know if they will be open then?) and finish up at Mata Rocks. What do you all think?
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 09:22 PM
Might as well hit VH and Caribe Island as well! Hell, start at Portofino and you could get them all! I'd say it would be a turkey day you won't remember at all!!!!
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 09:27 PM
Hey Barbara K, are you going to donate your fricking liver to me. Whatareyanuts? Woman I'm going to pass out after all those bars. I'm lucky to be able to stand after Palapa, LMarquis has a way of convincing you that one shot of tekillya is only for lightweights. Just ask RobertE.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 09:31 PM
Believe me you don't want my liver! Didn't you see how many bartenders were my fav's on that other post!!!

Maybe someone should open up a detox center way down south... Actually Agape or one of the Belizean herb companies sells a detox tea. Maybe you all should invest in a large quantity of it for the day after!!! laugh laugh
Posted By: lmarquis Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/02/02 10:09 PM
My liver quivers thinking about this!

My vote is that they have to visit One Barrel. It is truly an out of the way dive bar. Maybe one game of pool. Yes, of course, I remember where it is!

Anyone who has one of those blue drinks at BCs is truly a pilgrim!
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/03/02 02:15 AM
I have a feeling that most of us won't remember a large part of this "memorable" event. Papi's is a great idea for a snack. Glad we are still in lobster season.
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/03/02 04:33 AM
I'm game for any hole in the wall bar long as I don't to duke it out with any rival golf cart gangs. Everyone has to leave their colors and weapons at home
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/03/02 05:26 AM
Robert: I don't think too many of the patrons of One Barrel Bar own a golfcart, so no worries!
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/04/02 04:45 AM
what i wanna know is who is video-taping this event, and where do i send the check???

"middle aged gringoes GONE WILD!!"
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/04/02 05:45 AM
Can Moose come too?
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/04/02 02:30 PM
i am now green (liver color green) with envy. wish i could crawl along.
gay
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/04/02 03:41 PM
Sure Moose can come along, we'll just have to frequent places that allow pets
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 02:00 AM
Aren't there any more bodies that want to join in the debauchery that will be on AC during Thanksgiving?
Posted By: Mosquitorose Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 02:03 AM
Hey, some of us have to cook! lol

MR
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 02:12 AM
debotchery.......!!!!!!!!
DEBOTCHERY....WELL WHY DIDNT ANY ONE SEY SO B4.....GEESSZZZZZZZZ
DEBOTCHERY IS WAHN AH Da mQQse's FAV. TING

BUT ALLas NOT NUFF AH YU SEND CASH FI INSURE DA mQQse's participation..in such an event...
hell 23 cents nuh evn pay the toll pon the new bridge,,at the cut....
geeeszzzzzz
Posted By: NYgal Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 02:33 AM
cash, cash, cash, cash, cash....
laugh
Posted By: stick Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 03:18 AM
I would love to join the gang if welcome. Turkey dinner just puts me to sleep anyway. Bought a ticket a week ago after reading the web site and board messages for a while. Can't wait to get away from work and chill for 10 days. Traveling solo at this point and still need to pick a place (or places)to stay. T-day in San Pedro is a definite. First time to Belize and so much I'd like to do including just hangin with a Beliken. Can't wait!!
Dave
Posted By: rastapasta Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 03:27 AM
For the real adventurous .... once you get as far south as you can it's time to jump in your boats and head to Caye Caulker to Rasta Pasta for Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pecan Pie and toooooooo much fun.... only for the real crazy crowd ?????
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 03:40 AM
AHHHHHHhhhhhhh

SO.......
THAHTS WHY ROBBIE ROTUNDO [STUBBY]...IS GETTIN SO

DAMN

FAT.... eek

HAHAHAhhaahhaah

too much pie nuh nuff punta
Posted By: denverdan Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 04:04 AM
Hey mQQse,
I heard some real good things about ya. wink
I'd be happy to pay for the bridge toll for ya, and maybe chip in more. You would be a party in itself!
I know it would cost more for the antlers alone on that dang bridge though, but hey... I hear you be worth it.
Then again everybody knows how I feel about gossip. So to be fair I'll just pay the ferry NORMAL charge. hehe
Posted By: denverdan Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 04:15 AM
OMG... I forgot to say...
Becky, Laurie, Gela, Loie, Robert, and ALL...
HAPPY TURKEY DAY WHATEVER!!!

and... I think you should go to CC and Rasta Pasta! COOL DAY!!!

P.S. stick, you will just LOVE these people!
Sincerly!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 04:21 AM
DENVAHDAN--

laugh BELIV 1/2 AH WAH YU READ....
AN

NOTIN

BOUT WAH YU HIA eek

[ah can handl the cost of the ferry.....
and the toll bridge...[THANKS]
send cash nuff fu get mi mQQse ass deh home da San Pedro...pls.] wink
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 01:08 PM
Stick you are more than welcome to join in, will post the agenda a little closer to the date. When will you be in town? Hope thanks for the holiday wishes, back at ya woman. Looking forward to crawling with ya all on Turkey Day. smile
Posted By: GailM Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 05:14 PM
Becky,
Hoping to see the itin soon. I will be in S.P. also so I hope to meet up with the group somewhere! I do think it should be called a Beach Bar Crawl though! And you have to get at least as far as the "new" Coconuts!
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 05:29 PM
Hey Gail, make sure you come out to the Turkey Day - Beach Crawl, I like the change in name. RobertE is hopefully going to help me with getting an itinerary wink together. We'll post something soon and if you all have any comments or changes, we can tweek it. We are thinking of starting out with lunch at Papis so we all have something in our stomachs, what does everybody think?
Posted By: lmarquis Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/21/02 06:33 PM
Yes, Papi makes me very happy!
Posted By: Gela Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/22/02 12:29 AM
GailM, what do you mean by the "new" coconuts?
Posted By: GailM Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/22/02 01:17 AM
Gela,
While I was there last month there were some changes being made to bar, hotel, etc. by the new owners.
Posted By: stick Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/22/02 03:02 AM
Thanks Becky, I have a ticket for 11/22 until 12/2 and no other plans other than crawling on T-Day, Yet!! Probably spend most or all of the time on AC. Who knows, it's a work in progress. Including a hang over the crawl could take 2 days right off the top. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/22/02 03:54 AM
Sure, Papi's for lunch sounds like a great idea! But as I recall, they have a pretty small "dining room". Then on toward the south to . . . whereever.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/22/02 04:08 AM
Looks like we have quite a few "pilgrims" for this crawl. Gobble, gobble. . .
Posted By: Gela Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/22/02 04:14 PM
GailM, thanks for the info. I knew the Hotel was up for sale (I prayed to win the lottery so I could buy it smile ). Now I'm really anxious to stay there when I arrive on 11/21! cool
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/22/02 04:22 PM
Ay Gela, if you win the lottery, drinks are on you at the Turkey Day - Beach Pub Crawl. smile
Posted By: Gela Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/22/02 05:53 PM
Becky - you got it. If I win - everybody wins!
I have until my 2:00pm flight to "crawl". I'm anxious to see what the route will be. Maybe you wanna consider starting down south, work your way up the beach and pick up people as you go? (Only the hearty drinkers stay south smile ) ? Then head to whereever for some chow and then once finished going north, start back south and work your way back down the beach. Those who are still standing at the most southern destination win! (a great big hangover).
Anyway, it's close enough now where I can look forward to some fun. 30 days and counting! smile
Posted By: KathyA Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/23/02 01:45 AM
I,ve got a question. Is the pub crawl a strictly TurkeyDay event or are there similar events the week after Christmas?
Posted By: gdubya Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/23/02 01:59 AM
Hello all,

Are yankee college kids welcome on the beach-pub crawl? Sounds like it's right up our alley.
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/23/02 03:19 PM
Everybody drinking age and up is welcome in my view, but what do I know?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/23/02 04:12 PM
KATHYA

EVERY GLORIOUS SAN PEDRO DAY
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/24/02 02:47 AM
Yankees, as well as Southerners, are welcome! Especially those from upper Michigan! By Thanksgiving, your home town will probably be buried knee deep in snow, what do ya think?

Your "yankee" comment reminds me of an incident that happened several years back when we moved to Asheville, NC. Our home builder was a good ole southern boy; and without even being asked, he offered the following definition of a YANKEE, and then went on to contrast that with a D*MNED YANKEE. Well, according to Bruce, a YANKEE comes down from the North to spend his money and then returns to his Northern home. A D*MNED YANKEE is one who comes to the South and STAYS there. True story.
Posted By: Lakerboy44 Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/24/02 05:13 AM
All I want to know is if Laurie and Becky will buy my lunch cause I am going to be reallllllllllllllllllllly hungry mon..Let me know so I know if I can be there or not..hehehe..I get to stay till Dec 15th yessssssssssssssssss. Peace
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/24/02 02:27 PM
Rex (Lakerboy): Wait a minute! You are going to be there for almost 3 weeks. Come back when you can't stay so long. LOL. Hope you are able to join us in the crawl. Lobster, lobster, lobster!
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/24/02 02:27 PM
Rex (Lakerboy): Wait a minute! You are going to be there for almost 3 weeks. Come back when you can't stay so long. LOL. Hope you are able to join us in the crawl. Lobster, lobster, lobster!
Posted By: gdubya Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/24/02 11:36 PM
Patrick_E

Funny you mentioned the snow. It's been on and off for about two weeks now, but thankfully minimal accumulation. I'm looking forward to the beach immensely. I can tell you all about it on the walk though mad

The New Zealander's definition of a Yankee is anybody from the states that speaks with a southern drawl. Swear to god. Too many imported Western movies I guess. Anybody with a "Yankee" accent is a Canuck. Ha!
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/25/02 04:08 AM
Sounds like it all depends on one's perspective, eh? As is the weather. Those of us that are south of you will probably have a milder winter than those that reside near Lake Superior! Though, I would not consider Detroit winters to be extremely mild! confused
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/30/02 05:17 PM
Back up to the top. Less than 4 weeks to go! Get ready for this crawl, all you pilgrims and turkeys. Time to start the pre-conditioning. Practice those arm curls and swallows.

It is still in the high 70s here in Northern California, but starting to get colder. Anything below 50 degrees is cold to us!
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/30/02 05:49 PM
It is a sweltering 15 with a wind chill of -1 here in Denver with ice covered roads. Come on Pub Crawl!
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/31/02 04:39 AM
Send me some of that 70+ degree weather! It was 32 degrees in SE Michigan this morning. Now, this is certainly not as bad as a -1 wind chill, but I don't like it one bit. It was still summer up here just two weeks ago. Can't wait for Thanksgiving! I'm already practicing my "crawl", think I got it down pat! Now on to the "curls". Only 24 ddddays (brrrr) 'till we arrive in sunny (and I hope warm) San Pedro! smile smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/31/02 05:53 AM
Hey ya'll,
Butch will be heading down Nov 12, so he may join the crawl too. (He thought he may do it in sympathy for me, since I messed up my ankle at Mango's in September, I can only crawl, and it has nada to do with turkeys).
I will offer anyone 2 for 1 drinks on Thanksgiving from 4-6.... that may make the crawl a little bit more challenging!!
Enjoy!!!!!
Wish I was there!
Posted By: GailM Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 10/31/02 03:57 PM
Great offer, Vicki. Sorry about your ankle. Looks like we all need to make it to Caribe Island by sunset - going to be a long beach bar crawl - I hope they are not serving those brain cells!!!
Do you know if Maureen is going to be in country then?
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/02/02 03:51 AM
This is going to be a great challenge, to make as far south as Caribe by 4pm and still be able to CRAWL! WOW!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/02/02 04:28 AM
OK ya'll, you drive a hard bargain!!!
On T-giving Day we will extend Happy Hour until 7 pm.... since there will be a football game on TV.......
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/02/02 04:30 AM
Sorry, didn't answer your question.
I understand that Bob and Maureen will be heading down mid-November....
She left her tequilla belt down there.... had to manage without it in Vegas frown .... so I'm sure she will be breaking that out!!
You guys are making me really want to go........
Posted By: Gela Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/02/02 06:12 AM
Vicki, I remember Maureen and her belt. I'm sure someone has some great pictures (oh come to think of it, I think I have one) of her taking a body shot off of Scott (hubby of Paluxy). That was some party you gave for Debbie! wink
Posted By: Dr Buzzard Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/02/02 06:13 PM
How about a drunken turkey hop?
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/09/02 05:11 AM
Hey Gang,
This thread has almost expired, what gives? No one gettin' excited about the upcoming trip to Belize? We're within two weeks now, what do you think? Shouldn't we be packing yet? I have a lot of work to finish before Thanksgiving, but we'll have to begin packing this weekend. Get the diving equipment ready and pack shorts, bathing suits and t-shirt; otherwise,they will rot up here in Michigan if they wait until the snow clears!

RobertE and Loie, who are you planning to dive with this year? Might be fun to meet up with you on a dive boat, eh?

Have a great week end,

Patrick
Posted By: GailM Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/09/02 07:04 PM
Where is BbfB? She started this whole thing...don't feel alone Patrick, I am getting excited (even though I was there last month) but Belize is home for me so I look forward to every trip!
Gela, I invited my sister along and she has a tequila belt!
Posted By: Over_40_Pirate Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/09/02 07:46 PM
Becky's outta town fer awhile...HEY, ya think they could televise THIS Thanksgiving Day parade instead of Macy's???? DEFINITELY more interesting, especially to those of us who WISH we could be there, but can't! frown
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/10/02 01:38 AM
I must be on Belize time already, 'cause I had planned to pack dive gear today, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Too bad that there is not a beach full of sand to drop my toes into around here! We had a heat wave in Michigan today-temperature up to 61 degree (yes, that's 61 above zero). I am definitely getting ready for this trip, slowing down to a crawl, hope that I can find time to pack. Otherwise, I guess just a bathing suit and an airline ticket! Only 13 days to go!
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/10/02 08:13 PM
Patricke -

We get in on the 21st and are staying at Mata Rocks. We'll start our diving on the 22nd and are using Barefoot Watersports this time. We are more than ready for the Pub Crawl. Most nights we can be found at BC's bar or at Fido's if Barefoot Skinny or Category 7 is playing. If you want a point of reference as to what our ugly mugs look like, here is a link to our website.
http://home.netcom.com/~loie/

See you in a short while.

Robert and Laura
Posted By: Mexicana Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/10/02 09:05 PM
R&L, Thanks for posting the photos! Loved the AC photos from the air..how did you get such nice shots? Were you in one of those puddle jumpers? Very NICE!! So after this trip when will you be going again? Do you ususally space your trips by 6 months or so? I haven't yet figured out when I can take a large enough chunk of time off to head down again... too many mini vacations in my future. I am not sure 10 days will be enough for me. Hope to see ya all there one of these times.
wink
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/11/02 12:58 AM
LOL Pirate: I think this upcoming T day crawl would be a well-watched televised event! Thank God that ain't going to happen.

Robert and Laura: I checked out your website. Pretty cool. I noticed Laura is from Fresno. I have to go down there this week for my job. It is a good place to be from, not to live!
Posted By: SanHam Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/11/02 01:24 AM
Patrick-e

Did you get a good airfare out of detroit metro. I have belize listed on my farewatcher with orbitz and travelocity but they never seem to dip below $600. Who did you go through if you don't mind me asking and how far in advance did you book?
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/11/02 01:50 AM
Robert and Laura,
We will be arriving on Saturday, Nov 23 and stay until Dec 1st. This time we are staying at AquaMarina Suites. We saw the property last year during our trip in August and thought it was a very nice place (last year it was called Fountain Blue). It is located near Fido's. We will probably see you there or at BC's.

Really enjoyed your website. Looks like the house construction is going well, when will it be finished? We built a house several years ago and it seemed like nothing happened for days and weeks after the roof was put on (but little things like electical work etc were being installed).

We have not decided who to dive with this year. I believe that AquaMarina is very close to Amigo Del Mar, but there are so many good dive outfits, its hard to decide.

SanHam, I see you are also from the Detroit area. In the past, we have never found decent airfare to Belize from Detroit. Except three months ago, when USAir announced their new service to Belize, they had a "sale" - approx $350 RT from Detroit to Belize City, via Charlotte. This was also about the time that they declared bankruptcy, so we were a little concerned about these reservations for a while. But I think it will be ok. Our reservations actually were $400 each and we have to overnight in Charlotte. I havent seen fares as low as that since then, but hopefully with more carriers flying to BZE, the competition will help lower prices. Also, I have heard that Air Jamaica will also begin to service Belize City via Montego Bay. We can just hope that things get better. Competition is the answer!
Posted By: denverdan Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/11/02 04:29 AM
I WANNA GO TOO...
Hey Pirate Mon... March look good to ya?
You all have GOT to go to Carib Island, heck Vickis even gonna extend till 7!!!
Those "brain cell" shots are AMAZZZZIN!
Oh ya mon! eek
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/11/02 05:22 AM
Hi Hope!!!
I know!!! I wish I was going to be there too, but I have to wait until New Year's Eve.... but Butch leaves in 2 days. He is all packed and ready to ride frown I'm still actually crawling- cast comes off Nov 27 for the walking cast.
I plan on being down all of January, March and June, so let me know when you are coming!! I'm trying to talk SweetJane into coming down too!
BTW--- you have made me so envious about your Barbados adventure (not the bad part, but seeing you-know-who ***hint hint, Royal Babes)...
Glad you are back on the board.
PS: Gela, are you feeling better???? You need to join our next get-together too!!
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/11/02 04:42 PM
I am going to check out Caribe Island on this trip. Can you get there from walking on the beach from Banana Beach?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/11/02 05:25 PM
You can get there walking, but it's a pretty long hike.
But certainly, yes go out and have a drink. Ask for Butch, and give him a hug. Tell him that his wife misses him.
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/11/02 10:53 PM
Bon giorno fellow San Pedro lovers, I'm back from Italy and my bestest friend RobertE (one of the most helpful people I know) has come up with our itinerary:

Lunch to start at Papis at 12:00 on Turkey Day, then on to each of the following for 1 drink:

Wet Willies - Dockside
Paradise
Cholos
Pier Lounge
Sharks
BC's
Coconuts
Crazy Canucks
Casa Caribe - happy hour from 4-7 in our honor with 2 for 1's cool
(This will likely be the place where we end up to finish the crawl unless any of you are hearty enough to make it back to BCs for a nightcap wink )

See you all there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/11/02 11:01 PM
Come one, come all. This is not a mutually exclusive list but a guideline as an unkown bar along the route might pique our interest so we will actually see how far we get!!! Cheers!
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/13/02 04:44 AM
Robert, I wholeheartedly agree, Becky's list should be a "roadmap" not a firm schedule. Though all places on her list look fine to me! Looking forward to T-day. See ya all there.
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/13/02 06:07 AM
After the second bar who knows what mayhem will ensue. :p laugh confused
Posted By: stick Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/13/02 06:51 AM
This crawl and everyone posting sounds like a lot of fun. I am So looking forward to this trip. One question: If Mayhem comes after bar #2 roughly when does the Debauchery begin? wink Just curious. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/13/02 06:57 AM
Stick - They go hand in hand don't they? Anyone down before the crawl give me a shout out. We get in on the 21st and can be found most nites at BC's. Just ask Ernie the bartender to point us out.
Posted By: stick Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/13/02 07:08 AM
Will do. Thanks. I get there on the 22nd. I'm ready for a few too many of these Belikins that I've read so much about.
Posted By: Mexicana Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/13/02 10:08 AM
How many can you smuggle back for those moments when you need a little something to how shall I say ? "Bring back the feeling?"

:rolleyes: laugh :rolleyes: eek
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/18/02 11:27 PM
All right folks - Kim Behind Door # 3 beat me down to Belize as she is in Placencia and doing some heavy duty training (drinking ) as we speak. This girl is a professional folks as she is a Parrot Head and on the pro drinking tour so she will have a leg up on us all. Maybe she'll handicap the rest of us so we can keep up.

Anyway, I head down Thursday and will lay the groundwork for our festivities and make sure all animals and children are out of harms way. Also, I will make sure all the establishments have laid in supplies of beverage fixins. I have the industrial size bottle of ibuprofen for those who will need it. 3 days and counting !!! Ernie, have a cold Belikin waiting for me !
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/18/02 11:31 PM
Save a Beliken for me RobertE, you tekillya hog smile . See you and Loie at BCs. Yo Laurie, don't forget to pick me up at BCs on Monday or I might end up sleeping next to Paisano. Hmmn. Maybe that's not a bad idea, the guy is always trying to give me a big wet one and it is getting cold here in Chicago, well, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

wink wink wink
Posted By: KC Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/19/02 05:08 AM
Robert E - We will be one day behind you, on the 22nd. We plan on crashing your T-giving day party, so keep watch out for two old farts. My husband bought me a ball cap that says:
KC
I didn't get it... he had to tell me that 2154 is my member number on this board.

So, if the place is just full of old farts, look for the ball cap.

KC
Posted By: KC Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/19/02 05:13 AM
Oh, I forgot to add that there is a strong possibility that we might be seen at BCs about 5 minutes after our Tropic flight lands.

laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/19/02 06:29 AM
RobertE,

Della and I will be down on Saturday. We are really getting ready! Almost have our bags packed! You will notice Della as the attractive blonde with a "distingished" looking guy (ha! - that means he's the one with gray hair). One of us will be wearing an Alta Ski School cap and the other will have a Detroit Lions cap (you can be sure that there will only be one of those on the island, as no one roots for the Lions outside of Detroit). Oh, be sure to save us some Belikens, too!
Posted By: RobertE Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/21/02 07:26 AM
On my way in 7 hours. I'll keep the bar stools warm for you all and do some pre-crawl quality control work. We'll post pics and a report for all others upon our return.

Later folks.... Elvis has left the building
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/21/02 09:40 PM
We'll be right on down, in less than 48 hours! Waited a long time, but it's finally here. BTW, what's the weather like in Belize at this time of the year? I have brought so many hurricanes to so many places in the Caribean during the last 5 years, that I hope none come calling on T-day! (LOL) laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: NYgal Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/22/02 05:12 AM
Have a super great holiday, all of you.

Your enthusiasm will keep us wondering what you are all doing LOL...

Have fun !
Posted By: KC Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/22/02 05:57 AM
I'm puttering around doing last minute things while Gary catches a few winks so he can drive us to Portland at about 2 a.m. I *always* stress over leaving something important behind. Maybe someday I'll get over it.

I got a report today that said a cold front was moving through Belize tonight... bummer. I hope it keeps on moving, and is out of there by tomorrow evening. In any case, it won't spoil my vacation!

My rule is that as soon as we start the engine for the airport, we are officially *on vacation*!!!

Kathy laugh laugh
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/22/02 07:25 AM
Robert E and Laura are there. You guys have a safe trip down. Becky and I are next, arriving on Monday! Yipppeeeee!!! I haven't done one thing to get ready, not even the old suitcase is out of the closet. Working my butt off. My dictaphone started smoking tonight. It crapped out on me - some type of electrical problem. Oh well, LOL!
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 11/22/02 09:55 PM
KC, we will be arriving Saturay PM. But remember, the only 2 things that you absolutely have to have are a bathing suit and your C-Card! See you all there! laugh laugh
Posted By: Victoria Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 01/03/03 06:47 PM
Patrick-e ... how did you like staying at Aquamarina Suites? We stayed at Belizean Shores last year but want something closer to town, but still don't want a lot of noise/traffic ... just curious how you found it.
Posted By: patrick-e Re: Turkey Day Pub Crawl - 01/04/03 03:01 AM
Victoria,

The AquaMarina Suites is one of the newest properties in San Pedro. Very nicely furnished, one bedroom condo style accomodations. The property is very convenient to EVERYTHING! The only negatives were (1) the new bank building across the street was under construction at that time, though this did not bother us too much (now construction is supposed to be completed in January, I think) and (2) the kitchen lacked in some of the more basic utensils (only had one large frying pan to cook in). Other than those two small issues, it is a truely nice location and it is really very nice. We would definitely recommend it to you. Every unit has a nice view of the ocean.

Another option to consider is the Paradise Villa property (there are several groups that rent units for this property - see the link to "Lodging" at the top of the page. We have stayed at PV twice in the past. This is also a very nice property, with a great swimming pool. Only a couple of hundred yards from Aquamarina Suites. Both of these properties are a very good choice. But most of all, enjoy your visit to San Pedro and Belize! laugh
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board