AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: shambala san pedro dogs - 10/20/02 09:52 PM
NYgal,

Your smile is not going to save these poor creatures from a very inhumane and painful death, however, your $$ will! Have you ever donated to SAGA?
Posted By: toad Re: san pedro dogs - 10/20/02 10:13 PM
how do you know its painful?
Posted By: ckocian Re: san pedro dogs - 10/20/02 11:27 PM
toad, why don't you volunteer to try it and you can report to us on how it feels, eh?

Or do a Google search on strychnine poisoning for some graphic textual description? Or find a copy of Saddam's tape, pop it in the VHS and sorta get a relative picture?
Posted By: Ernie B Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 01:11 AM
Ease up guys, This is a serious matter. Lets be fruitful here. wink
Posted By: Teenah Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 01:41 AM
Toad does not have a history of contributing to this subject intelligently. If you search this topic from June, you'll see that his postings have been deleted. His attacks even got him kicked off the list, albeit temporarily. I agree immissing.....let's keep this conversation fruitful. We can all agree to disagree about this topic, but if you can't say something nice........you know the rest.
Posted By: Mosquitorose Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 02:22 AM
It seems that we did this long and extensive topic a while back....wasn't anything solved? not even a little? so now it's back to square one? only to be back to square one again and again...you guys haven't caught on yet? man!

Shambala said...Your smile is not going to save these poor creatures from a very inhumane and painful death, however, your $$ will! Have you ever donated to SAGA?

My comment...now, now...no man or woman is an island...donate to this, donate to that...cancer, starving children in africa, adopt a kid. the list goes on...pretty soon there's nothing left of yourself or money. Sometimes it's best to mind our own business...sometimes we only make things worst! yes I love animals! but my heart can only bleed so much...and I tend to accept the things that I cannot change. pay attention! see with your eyes! and listen!
Posted By: Teenah Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 02:28 AM
MR,
I did catch on last time and put my money where my mouth was by donating to SAGA. I think what we are seeing with this thread is a new group of people hearing about the San Pedro dogs. As long as compassionate people read this message board, I think the topic will be brought up over and over and over. If nothing else, maybe this will result in getting more donations for SAGA. Then everybody wins. smile
Posted By: toad Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 02:30 AM
there are worse things than death
Posted By: Teenah Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 02:33 AM
particularly the pain and suffering that precedes a death from strychnine.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 02:46 AM
HEY...CANT WE ALL ...JUST

HAVE SOUP
Posted By: Teenah Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 02:47 AM
How about MQQSE stew??? laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 03:03 AM
HEY!!!!!!!

DAHT

NOH FUNNY
Posted By: ChrisW Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 02:53 PM
Moose recipes including my favorite "Jellied Moose Nose":

http://www.justgamerecipes.com/moose/index.shtml
Posted By: Miss Anthropy Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 03:04 PM
This is serious, and .mQQse. is not serious, he is however funny, so maybe the moose postings can go on the moose joke thread. Please. For those of you who want to contribute in a constructive way to this issue, I thank you for doing so in any way you see fit to. Mosquito Rose, I understand that you are not personally interested in this subject, so naturally you will not want to read on further. I am NOT out of money to donate to SAGA, and many others are willing to do so as well. Making known to others the CRUELTY of this method of culling animals on a small beautiful island is my point here, and I think it has been useful to waking other people up to this problem.
Posted By: phartmore Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 03:18 PM
Substitute CAT.
Barbecued Raccoon
1 Racoon
1 bn Celery
3 cl Garlic; chopped
2 lg Red onions; quartered
1 lg Apple; quartered
3 Hot red peppers
1 c Vinegar
3 tb Salt
BE SURE LYMPH GLANDS OF RACCOON ARE REMOVED!!! Have someone who is experienced remove the glands as well as the skin. Pull celery apart and wash. Place all ingredients in pot with enough water to cover raccoon. Bring to slow boil and cook until tender or until fork goes in easily, about 1-2 hours depending upon size of raccoon.
Remove meat from pot, cut off front and back legs; cut remainder into four pieces. Place on rack, brush with your favorite barbeque sauce. Place in 400 deg. oven; turn and baste frequently with barbecue sauce until a golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serves 6.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 04:03 PM
HEY!!!!!!!

DAHT

NOH FUNNY
Posted By: munichchick Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 07:49 PM
All I can say is that it does work posting and reading things about what is going on with the poor animals on Ambergris Caye. Last time I read about the poisoning. I ordered 4 Saga Shirts in order to donate money and we have taken down to SAGA a big bag full of supplies when Dr. Bronwen was still on the Island. And we have donated money prior as well as ordered the Green Reef/Saga Calendars. We would have not known about Saga if it would not been for this wonderful message board and web site. We even adopted a dog here in the US versus purchasing a puppy from a reputable breeder. I am sure there are more people like us that want to help. Even if it is a little every little bit helps. It does work!!!!!!
Posted By: susangg Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 08:32 PM
I humbly suggest that Phartmore should phart more and phtalk less.....
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 09:46 PM
maybe its the same thing!!! eek
Posted By: Ernie B Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 11:07 PM
MAN...... I Love that SUSAN! laugh
Posted By: Miss Anthropy Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 11:23 PM
I've always loved susangg! She rules! cool
Posted By: Ernie B Re: san pedro dogs - 10/21/02 11:49 PM
I've loved her longer than you have. Take that! :p
Posted By: phartmore Re: san pedro dogs - 10/22/02 12:17 AM
'smatter susangg? forget to remove the glands from your pussy/coon?
Posted By: Teenah Re: san pedro dogs - 10/22/02 12:41 AM
phartmore, are you and toad related? Or is it just a coincidence that neither of you are contributing anything worthwhile to this topic?
Posted By: calypso Re: san pedro dogs - 10/22/02 01:05 AM
If I may suggest to all these people who are passionate and concern about the dogs in San Pedro, to go to San Pedro and adopt them all and bring them to the U.S.A , so I could enjoy myself in San Pedro and not be bothered by the stray and abandoned dogs. I am only teasing, but if that would happen, it would be wonderful.

I understand the stray and abandoned dogs is serious problem in San Pedro and in land Belize. However,it is also a serious problem in the U.S. too. Yesterday's Orange County Register, Sunday, October 20, 2002 has an article concerning stray and abandoned dogs in the U.S.A. The newspaper mention that the Humane Society of the United States estimates that as many as 5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year. Some shelters routinely put to sleep dogs that had been in the facility for 10 days or less, to make room for newcomers. This is due to not sufficient space, money, or community support shelters that cannot care for every animal. So they suggest adopt a dog or volunteer. Even though the problem is the same as Belize, the situation may be handled differently. Belize is a far different country as compared to the U.S.A, where many dog owners can afford to provide health care for their dogs. The lifestyle and living condition of Belizean pet owners are far different than pet owners in the U.S.A.

I agree with the laws of Belize concerning dogs. Perhaps, not the mothod of eliminating stray dogs, it may seem inhumane,but other method may be considered. I agree pet owners are responsible for the care of their pets, and to keep them off the streets. Whenever, pet owners neglect their pets, the pets become the community problem. I think the laws concerning the dogs in Belize has been lenient on the pet owners who are irresponsible. The dog situation or problem will always be a problem, whether it's in the U.S. that have much resources or Belize that have less.
Posted By: JmHanna Re: san pedro dogs - 10/22/02 01:21 AM
So let's leave this topic at that!!!????
Sneaky roady-MQQSE--Phartmore--and the rest---DROP IT ALREADY.
It's a real issue. You and your shit and butt infatuations,not to mention your ridiculous attempts at Kriol, are irritating at best.
mad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: san pedro dogs - 10/22/02 04:36 AM
HOW DOES ONE COOK HOUND....?

1-] "LOW"-ER YOUR STANDARDS
2-] SET BAR-BQ "LOW" TO THE GROUND
3-] COOK AT "LOW" HEAT
4-] ........
5-] ........
6-] ........
Posted By: rickcheri Re: san pedro dogs - 10/22/02 01:25 PM
Thanks Jim.....just what i was thinking!!!! We have supplies we're bringing down....will check to see if any "needles".....we brought bunches last April....must have used them all!!! C
Posted By: munichchick Re: san pedro dogs - 10/22/02 08:40 PM
Georgia! I was reading the same article and it just breaks my heart knowing all these poor, sweet animals have to die because we humans can not spay/neuter every Animal that is not being used by a "reputable" Breeder. If every pet would get spayed and neutered in this world we would not have these problems that are very hard to digest for most people that like Animals. In our case we LOVE Animals. This is a world wide problem! But if we can help at least some animals we should try to do this. USA, Belize or anywhere else! SAGA does it's part and does the best it can do.
Posted By: Miss Anthropy Re: san pedro dogs - 10/22/02 09:37 PM
Georgia, you are correct in pointing out the same problems existing with neglected, abandoned, or just stray animals in the U.S. and worldwide. Once again, this thread was started to point out the method by which the animals are euthanized. That's all really. If we keep that particular issue in focus, all this other BS is irrelevant.
Posted By: calypso Re: san pedro dogs - 10/24/02 02:14 AM
I understand your point of view concerning the method in which Belize use to euthanized the stray and abandoned dogs. I just want to thank you for your time and effort concerning this matter....
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board