AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: BetaBob New Years: First Timer to Ambergris Caye - 12/11/02 04:06 PM
Two-part question from an excited first timer: I am coming down with my wife, inlaws and two kids over New Years. Looking for an early evening, kid-friendly place for dinner followed by a crazed party atmosphere with music after "dumping" the kids...well into the morning. Any suggestions? smile
Can't really answer the first part as I am child-free, but the secondpart-where to ring it in-is easy. Can you fall off a log? Yes-Then you will find a raucous party. Locals favorite is the Lion's Club open air on front street. About $20us per couple. Midnight mass is also an interesting and wonderful sight. I believe it is offered in Spanish.
After dinner, no question . . .Ramon's.
All along the beachfront area! just walk along and stop off here and there, you are guaranteed a lovely time whether you're looking for raucous or just plain sweet! The BCs/Ramons stretch is my particular favorite.
Posted By: KB Re: New Years: First Timer to Ambergris Caye - 12/11/02 08:21 PM
Without question the best New Year's party if you want to woop it up is at Ramon's. We usually bring a cooler of beer as crowds at the bar can be a bit thick and that's no problem. Also, if your kids have the energy it would be fine to bring them. Belize is full of kids and there will be lots of entire families at any of the parties.
During my honeymoon we would walk up and down the beach but would always end up at Ramon's. I'm jealous...Have a good time.
Posted By: BetaBob Re: New Years: First Timer to Ambergris Caye - 12/12/02 03:35 PM
Sounds like Ramon's is collecting the most votes! Thanks for all of your ideas... please keep them coming. I appreciated KB's suggestion about including the kids, but I think we'll let the inlaws take them back to our house. My wife and I will pretend that we're kid-free for a night. Just over two weeks 'till I get to Belize-can't wait!
Posted By: Punim Re: New Years: First Timer to Ambergris Caye - 12/15/02 03:27 PM
We'll also be in Ambergris Caye over New Year's only with "adult" children....where are you staying?...we're at Paradise Villas.
I was there with 6 others for New Year's Eve 4 years ago. Half of our group made it into Ramone's. I and 2 others made it to the chairs outside the crowd and enjoyed the people watching. It was great to see as many locals out having fun. It seemed like there were more locals than there were tourists. The crowd was thick to get a Belikin at Ramone's, so we just kept running down to BC's for drinks and then back to hear the music. Service was MUCH, MUCH faster, so we had no risk of being empty handed.

I'm trying to remember where we ate that night, but I can't... I would have to find my journal. But,the key thing I remember was that we didn't head out early enough. I think we got to the restaurant at about 8:30... had to wait... and food was slow to come out. We ran out of the restaurant at 10 minutes to midnight... in a mad race to the big party. We almost missed the countdown. (What a crisis :p )

So, knowing that you are not in NY City with their fast pace and that service will be even slower due to the crowds on New Year's Eve... head out early. Then you may even get a closer spot near the bar!

Have a blast! (There is no way you couldn't)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Years: First Timer to Ambergris Caye - 12/16/02 05:30 AM
Hi All!
Just wanted to let you know that Caribe Island will be having a special New Years Eve Dinner, will start around 5:00, and we will be open until 11:00. We will have Hats, Leis, all kinds of festive "toys", (and of course, will have the football games showing too!!)
Then everyone can taxi into town for the midnight festivities.
Hope to see you all there!
PS: Will also have ALL of the major Bowl games showing New Years Day, including all BCS!! There will be free drinks for those who show their team spirit the best (and lots of free drinks when my NOLES win wink
Posted By: klcman Re: New Years: First Timer to Ambergris Caye - 12/16/02 05:57 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUCKS
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Years: First Timer to Ambergris Caye - 12/16/02 03:18 PM
Hi All!
Just wanted to let you know that Caribe Island will be having a special New Years Eve Dinner, will start around 5:00, and we will be open until 11:00. We will have Hats, Leis, all kinds of festive "toys", (and of course, will have the football games showing too!!)
Then everyone can taxi into town for the midnight festivities.
Hope to see you all there!
PS: Will also have ALL of the major Bowl games showing New Years Day, including all BCS!! There will be free drinks for those who show their team spirit the best (and lots of free drinks when my NOLES win wink
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board