AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: klcman Be the First..... - 10/21/03 01:35 AM
To Try This.....

Dishwasher Salmon
This is an actual recipe from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game Cookbook. It is unusual and although
1 whole salmon, 4 to 7 lbs.
1 lemon, sliced.
Foil for wrapping.
� onion, sliced.
Herbs of your choice (tarragon and savory recommended).
6 slices butter.
Place the whole salmon in the center of the foil, season with herbs inside and out. Place half the slices of butter inside of the fish and the other half on top of the fish. Do the same with the slices of lemon, arranging them in the cavity and on top of the fish. Fold the foil and roll the edges so that the entire fish is sealed.
Finally, arrange your dishes in the dishwasher, leaving room on the top shelf for the foil wrapped salmon. Place the salmon on the top rack of the dishwasher, being careful to not pierce the foil. Turn on the dishwasher, normal or hot cycle and wash your dishes as you normally would. By the time the washer is done with the drying cycle, the fish will be done and ready to serve on your clean dishes. Simply unwrap the fish at the dinner table and serve with vegetables of your choice.

Yields: 6 to 8 servings
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Posted By: mikell Re: Be the First..... - 10/21/03 03:39 AM
i absolutely LOVE this idea...and i can't wait to try it! talk about eco cooking!
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: Be the First..... - 10/21/03 03:49 AM
sounds crazy enuff to work
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: Be the First..... - 10/21/03 11:42 AM
Should the salmon be dead or alive before wrapping? I figure it should be alive, then it will die in the dishwasher and really be fresh! eek
Posted By: MN Jeff Re: Be the First..... - 10/21/03 04:00 PM
We Minnesotans have been making Lutefisk that way for years. Legend has it that Swedes can't tell the difference between ovens and dishwashers...
Posted By: Debbie Re: Be the First..... - 10/21/03 04:31 PM
I wash my kids baseball caps in the dishwasher.... I put a cereal bowl under them so they keep their shape. Works great!!
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: Be the First..... - 10/21/03 07:14 PM
My washing machine broke down once.... I don't think anyone wants to hear this story.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board