AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: LIBeachBum Artist Question - 03/25/08 07:08 PM
I'm looking to track down the name of a local artist. I saw some of his/her paintings last time I was there and loved them! I'm hoping that there's a way to buy prints online (originals were a bit out of my price range). I saw them in the gallery in Fido's and also hanging on the wall in El Devino at Banana Beach. I wish I could desribe how they were painted but I'm by far no expert...any suggestions???
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Artist Question - 03/25/08 07:13 PM
Ah, yes, those paintings on the wall at El Divino are quite nice!

Maybe email Banana Beach and ask?
Posted By: RI Beth Re: Artist Question - 03/25/08 07:16 PM
The gallery in Fido's is Belizean Arts. They have a website with a section that features artists. Here is the link: http://www.belizeanarts.com/artists.html

Beth
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: Artist Question - 03/25/08 07:20 PM
might be Walter Castillo
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Artist Question - 03/25/08 07:21 PM
Ah, good site, RI Beth! I don't think the artisit is featured in this link though... anyone know if the same paintings in El Divino are done by the same one that did the paintings in the lobby at Sunbreeze? I'm trying to get a visual and they look similar, if memory serves...
Posted By: DonnaR Re: Artist Question - 03/25/08 07:41 PM
If your talking about the murals at El Divino...they were painted I believe by Giovanni Marin (sp) I remember admiring them.
Posted By: *I Do* Belize Weddings Re: Artist Question - 03/25/08 08:06 PM
If you need to reach Giovanni Marin for anything including Plastic signs and designs his number is 226-3113
I didn't know he paints as well but you can also email him at [email protected]
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Artist Question - 03/26/08 07:18 PM
Probably talking about Caroline Carr. Are they the paintings on the wall where the staircase is? There is a jaguar, some Maya ladies doing laundry, a lady crushing corn and one of the Belize City market place?
Posted By: Cin Re: Artist Question - 07/31/08 10:24 PM
HELP!!!! I love the paintings by Oralando Garrido and his website is not working properly. I want to purchase one of his beautiful paintings and his e-mail doesn't work either. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with him or his gallery? Thanks...I'd appreciate any suggestions! Cin
Posted By: Marty Re: Artist Question - 07/31/08 10:26 PM
//ambergriscaye.com/orlando/ is his website, email him at [email protected] or try [email protected] or Lindsey at Belizean Arts.
Posted By: Northern Canuck Re: Artist Question - 08/01/08 05:36 PM
Papo maybe?
Posted By: Cin Re: Artist Question - 08/01/08 10:55 PM
Thanks, but his e-mail address in go good and I can't get any response when I try to purchase on his website. I e-mailed BelizeanArts...no reply yet. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance! Cin
Posted By: Marty Re: Artist Question - 08/01/08 11:50 PM
call Belizean Arts
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board