AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Who Will Be Miss Earth Belize? - 07/20/11 02:56 PM
5 young beauties from across the country will be vying for the title of Miss Earth Belize come this Saturday night. It's the pageant's first year in Belize and today 7news met the contestants.

Darlene Clark Campbell, Dir. Belize International Pageant
"This pageant is Miss Earth Belize and the winner will represent Belize in Pattaya, Thailand from October 12 to November 12. The pageant will be on November 12, they will be coming home on the 13th. They are focus mainly on eco-tourism and the environment. Miss Earth is beauty with a purpose, beauty for a cause and this is our first year in Belize. We focus on social etiquette, body toning. We didn't get to do the public speaking, I really wanted to do that, we might still get to it before the pageant but I think it's very important but if we don't we will focus on the winner."

Monica Bodden
"This pageant is on Saturday?"

"It's Saturday July 23rd starting at 8 o' clock."

Monica Bodden
"And ticket prices?"

"$20 reserve and $40 balcony."

Monica Bodden
"It will be taking place at the Bliss?"

"At the Bliss Center."

Contestant
"From ever since I was little I am into to fashion shows, pageants and everything and I hear it advertise and people told me about it and so I said well it will be the first time i am doing an international pageant and it sounds very interesting. It sounds more put together and organized and I said ok I will take the chance to enter because it will help me set an example for other Belizeans."

Contestant
"It has been a very good experience i got to meet new people because I am from Stann Creek District and everyone else is from Belize City and so I got to meet new friends and I get to go out to the cayes with them. It's very nice."

Monica Bodden
"How has training been?"

Contestant
"It's been great all the girls have gotten along very well and we have a very friendship and relationship with each other."

Contestant
"I was sleeping and my mom saw it in the newspaper and woke me up and let me see it and I decided to join and I gave Ms. Darlene a call and that's how I got in."

Monica Bodden
"Is pageant something that you are familiar with?"

Contestant
"Yes I am. Not to brag but I have a couple pageant under my belt and this is just another one to add and it's about the earth. I am planning to go green so it's a good start."

Contestant
"I first found out about the pageant when Ms. Darlene went to where I work and from there I started reading about it and my mom actually is my biggest supporter and I saw it as an opportunity where I can voice my opinions and thoughts about earth and hopefully it will be recognize and I can actually push something to be done in my own community."

Contestant
"I always wanted to be in a pageant from I was a little girl and so I decided to give it a try because it was something that I had a passion in besides modeling and this is actually my second pageant. I was in Miss Belize but I didn't finish, I came out because of school and work. I said let me try this one and hopefully we never know - I could be the next Miss Earth Belize."

The pageant is on Saturday at 8 o'clock at the Bliss Center for the performing arts. The winner will represent Belize in Pattaya, Thailand in the Miss Earth Pageant scheduled for November 12.

Channel 7

© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board