AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Ras Indio Returns Triumphant - 01/21/12 02:16 PM
Belizean reggae artist Ras Indio is back again in the country after being away touring and performing in the United States. Today he stopped by at our studios to tell us what he's been up to and to launch his latest music video. The video is called "Fire Blaze" and was shot in Belize in June of last year. He tells us what the meaning behind Fire Blaze is.

Ras Indio, Artist
"It's good to be back and so whenever I come back I have to come and give channel 7 a visit and yourself."

"I brought a brand new video, which was actually shot in June of last year, but I am just taking time now to come bring it and release it to the people."

Monica Bodden
"Tell us a little bit about that video."

Ras Indio, Artist
"Singing: Actually a personal story of mine which is an ongoing story with many people dealing with this situation now where being charged for a little amount of herb, and I am just getting out the vibes to tell the officers directly to easy off on the youths with their little bit of herbs."

"I know we are getting closer in passing this legalization law, when they do it, they have to do it in a proper way. This song is just an addictive to the vibes."

Monica Bodden
"And again the name of the video is?"

Ras Indio, Artist
"Fiyah Blaze"

Monica Bodden
"Now tell us where was the video shot?"

Ras Indio, Artist
"It was shot between Harmony Ville big up BGYEA for the movements, It was shot on my acre of land, which I hope to soon get, between there and an abandoned bridge on the Cayo/Western highway."

Monica Bodden
"How long it took you guys to put the video together?"

Ras Indio, Artist
"A day and a half, you would never believe that we took one day of shooting and by the next day Anonymous B, who is the director of the video, who shot the video also, big him up same way because he does great work, by the next day he was showing me footage of the video already."

Monica Bodden
"What's new with Ras Indio?"

Ras Indio, Artist
"A whole lot of things, music keep on going pushing forward, positive vibes. Last year we made visits to Montana, Seattle, Portland, California, the vibes have been very good. This year 2012, we have many more things happening like January 27th I'll be in Grass Valley performing. it is actually going to take me away from the awards show here in Belize, so you might miss me, but I am going out there to continue spreading out more positive vibes, pushing up the fire always, worldwide."

"Ras Indio said that, and remember we have the Ras Indio t-shirt clothing line also. Give you a sneak peak right here right now. The new album will be release in May of this year, so when that comes we will have a lot of t-shirt and a whole bunch of merchandise, Ras Indio."

The video was directed by Michael Zuniga a.k.a Anonymous B along with Ras Indio. Indio's latest album will be available in stores in May of this year.

Channel 7

© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board