AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Ian Anderson of The Farm House Deli today toasted with champagne as he announced the branch opening of his Belmopan Deli in San Pedro at the Mahogany Bay Village, Curio Collection by Hilton. After experiencing much success at various farmer's markets held on the island, Anderson has teamed up with Mahogany Bay Village with a grand opening of the San Pedro Farm House Deli expected around mid December. Congratulations.

Click photos for more pictures!

The Farm House Deli: Soon to deli-delight San Pedro & Placencia

Over the last few years, the daddy of Caves Branch Jungle Lodge, Mr. Ian Anderson has been perfecting his hand at creating artisanal cheeses. With exotic names like Old Brabander, Trappist, Italian Stallion, Spressa and Quark, the flavors are equally intriguing. I may not be a Ma�tre Fromager (cheese expert - I looked that up on Google) but my taste buds tell me super yum when sampling these dairy delicacies!

Anderson's passion for artisan cuisine naturally progressed to all things that marry well with cheese (did I say I love this man?), like gorgeous Pumpernickel, Sourdough and Multigrain breads, and delectable cured meats like pastrami, salami, corned beef, pancetta, smoked turkey, ham and pork. Pair this with his farm fresh garden produce and fermented and pickled vegetables and the possibilities are endless when it comes to creating a meal packed full of flavor. When I think about the sandwich possibilities, I'm almost giddy!

Once only available at special events and occasional farmer's markets, Anderson opened The Farm House Deli in December 2015 in Belmopan, where under one roof, all of his delicacies are now available. Along with the artisan breads, cheeses and meats, this charming Old World-style deli also offers oven-fresh pastries, organic vegetables, fowl and even fresh caught reef fish.

With all this talk of delicious possibilities you may be wondering just how the heck you are going to get to Belmopan to sample all these goodies for yourself�but do not dismay! On Saturday October 9th Ian Anderson held a farmer's market at Mahogany Bay Village, Curio Collection by Hilton south of San Pedro Town, and to a champagne toast, announced that they would soon be opening a Farm House Deli on Ambergris Caye! Hallelujah! They will also be opening a location in Placencia, so no matter where you are in the country you just might be close enough to taste what I'm talking about. Both new locales are slated for opening in mid-December, and in the meantime Anderson promises to regularly host and attend farmer's markets in the area.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the My Beautiful Belize Blog

© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board