AmbergrisCaye.com Home
We came down from Canada in June and have available for QUICK sale:

1979 24' Travel Trailer - Queen Bed, 3 way fridge,
large awning, etc., excellent condition, for $2500 US

2 sit on top ocean kayaks just 6 months old with paddles and life vests for $550 US each

2 18 speed mountain bikes in great condition for $200 US

All are at Maya Beach, 4 miles north of Seine Bight (Placencia Penninsula). Leaving country and must sell within 2 to 3 weeks! Please write at [email protected] or call 606-4475.

Thanks, Rick and Mary
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Trailer, Kayaks and Bikes for Sale in Placencia - 10/13/02 05:03 AM
do you deliver ... is deh room fi some antlers...and are the windoes thick plexi..b/c ah gats a trouble awi jammin mi antlers through windows
and di potti...if dem potty room wahn dem dayiiimn tiny wertless ting... figet it
now if it can be hav wahn tiny wall knok out....
oh and tires ... i will need spares
[mQQse like to chew pon a good tire now an then]....
the price seems good -[site unseenn]...get the hint... post a picture pls.or a url fi wahn pic...
oh is there still a towing and floor structure frame still under it ....or has the belize rust factor already sent it bak to it's maker...?
hey---there are factors.....!!! eek
Hello twospotdog - my husband and I are from Vancouver, Canada and have been tossing around the idea of moving to Belize and how soon we can do it. I thought (perhaps mistaken) that you were moving there also for long term.(?) Do you mind me asking why you are leaving? so soon? Are you returning to Canada? Sorry if I am being too forward and also apologize for using this particular forum topic but I thought you'd be checking this one out for sure.
Hi twocandream,

We drove down to Belize from Toronto area in June, so we've been here about 5 months on Placencia peninsula. We brought our two dogs and two cats with us in the trailer on our journey. The trip would have been decidedly easier without the pets, but when you've got'em, what can you do?

We do love Belize, and will come back to vacation many times, I'm sure. My husband would be happy to stay, I think, but I find a few things about the tropics bug me on a long-term basis. I'm surprised to find the heat too much for me from time to time - it's really tapped my energy out. The sands fleas are of course greatly annoying some days. We found the trailer kind of small to live in with all the animals, so we rented a really nice house up the road in Maya Beach. However, we've killed 7 scorpions in it since July. Also, I guess I'm just more of a city girl than I thought, and need more city things to do.

So, that's our story. We plan on heading slowly back to Canada via the West coast, and maybe check out living on the Island. Mid-life crisis just continues a bit longer, I guess. If you have any more questions, like about driving down or anything, we will happily answer at [email protected]

Don't be discouraged by us, Mary and Rick
Mary - Your story is not at all discouraging. More likely . . . typical. Be thankful you get out with the shirt on your back. And next time you decide to move to a foreign country, find input from people other than Americans tourists who hang out on tourist area message boards. Do you have any building materials left over? better yet, contact me at [email protected].
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Trailer, Kayaks and Bikes for Sale in Placencia - 10/15/02 02:24 AM
if you dont mind the odd swat team attacks... and boat raids ... gang wars....an rising social fees and police evrywhere.... sure van.isl. is a great place
oh did i forget the damp cold weather....euuuwwwwww "damp" "cold" yak....

none of the gulf islands are peacefull these days....and getting increasingly worse
/// the city gals and thier retiree men have brought thier ''big city'' attitudes to them all...
if you visisted them b4 you wont wanna move deh now

[ JUST A "mQQse's" OPINION ]
mad
joni mitchel was rite....
M-A Gaffney:

do you suggest that the reason these folks are leaving is:
a> this board has nothing but American tourists on it
and
B> those American tourists gave them bad advice, ruining their adventure..

that hardly describes this board, the people on it, or our intentions. And you've been around long enough i would hope you would know that.

Marty
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Trailer, Kayaks and Bikes for Sale in Placencia - 10/20/02 03:30 PM
who is this gafney

it mussi jus aftah thanksgiving
...left over turkey
Hey Twodogspot, thanks for updating us.
At least you did it, and also have the courage to change it. That makes for a good life. Wish you the best of luck in your new adventure.

M-A Gaffney, you seem very unhappy these days, not like you at all, what is bothering you?
Hope it isn't anything serious like health problems. Maybe just a bad week. cool

You have the best of worlds, Naples and Belize.
Hey Rick and Mary,
can you all Email us your trip down with the pets.
As you know we have 2 chows and are going to make this trip soon, any info will help. Sorry that you are coming back, but I bet it has been a great experience!!!! Here's our E addy-
[email protected]

Thanks for the info-

Rick laugh
Hi all,

Firstly, we been down to Belize three times before, and this was before we'd ever found this delightful little board. We just wanted to see what really living here would be like, instead of just being a tourist for a couple of weeks. Of course, it's a totally different thing, especially with our travelling zoo (2 cats and 2 dogs). We're glad we did it, but this just isn't the right place at the right time for us.

We do always enjoy reading this board, and Marty, you're the greatest. Just one thing - get rid of this moose goof, annoying drivel!

Thanks, and have a Belikin.....

Mary and Rick :p
THE MOOSE STAYS mad
but the spotted dogs are leaving
[Linked Image]
Sorry. just cranky. full moon last week. etc.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Trailer, Kayaks and Bikes for Sale in Placencia - 10/28/02 11:37 PM
twospotmutt:-

tek wahn hike
Hey, if you guys want to read this crap. that's up to you. I'll take a pass!

Mary
Mary-- try an enema
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Trailer, Kayaks and Bikes for Sale in Placencia - 10/31/02 02:37 AM
LOL
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board