AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: David in Chicago businesses for sale - 06/27/05 09:12 PM
Hi,

Looking to move to AC and buy a business. Nothing hugh, no fancy cooking. Bar/grill or something that is reasonably established.

Any suggestions will get a free beer once we get down there
Posted By: SimonB Re: businesses for sale - 06/27/05 09:24 PM
Stained Glass Pub is for sale, turnkey operation and steady clientelle. E-mail me and I'll put you in touch with the owners.

Simon...
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: businesses for sale - 06/27/05 11:19 PM
check your PM
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: businesses for sale - 06/28/05 12:39 AM
or call 011-501-621-3000, something just came on the market, good opp. for you.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: businesses for sale - 06/28/05 04:44 PM
The Niche is for sale. Bar and grill. It is a front street (centre of town) location. Only $75,000 US.

www.sunrisebelize.com
Posted By: David in Chicago Re: businesses for sale - 06/28/05 05:27 PM
Amanda,
Small world. You and I have been e-mailing regarding the Nitch. This the one that is actually capturing my attention. What is the current owner's timing, and how do licences work?
You have my e-mail

David
Posted By: PattiCake Re: businesses for sale - 07/02/05 02:42 AM
Amanda, please email me all information regarding this property asap. Thanx!
Posted By: SimonB Re: businesses for sale - 07/02/05 04:09 AM
The restaurant at Exotic Caye is also up for lease, same leaseholder as The Niche I believe, at least it was.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: businesses for sale - 07/06/05 12:55 AM
I STONGLY suggest you check the sales records for anything you are looking at. Also check to see how many times it has changed hands/names.
Bar restaurant business here is tough - but some really good ones make it big.
Carumba's is the best example I know. Started samll and each off season close for a month and expand. Their secret??? SERVICE and with a smile. They are packed every night.
Stained Glass Pub had a regular clientel (I was one)but any time Marie (the owner/chef) could not be there the food was unpredictable.
You have to be really dedicated to make it here. There is a lot of competition.
Posted By: PattiCake Re: businesses for sale - 07/07/05 02:09 AM
Amanda, even though I emailed you at your office as well as making this posting, five days later I have received no info from you.

I am a serious investor and am upset and feeling neglected. What the story?
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: businesses for sale - 07/07/05 05:20 PM
Patticake

I have sent you emails twice. I am not getting messages that say you didn't get them!!!

Hmmmm.

Let me try again.
Posted By: SBoyd1 Re: businesses for sale - 07/08/05 06:13 PM
Hi. Place like the Nich sound interesting but everything I've heard recently says it's bordering on impossible to make a decent living. True? Or is it business owners trying to scare people away from moving to AC and investing in a business?//ambergriscaye.com/message/icons/icon5.gif
Posted By: streetchie Re: businesses for sale - 07/08/05 07:41 PM
The Niche is a charming little place, but draws a VERY slim crowd. It would be tough to make ends meet if this was your only source of income. Just an observation.
Posted By: SimonB Re: businesses for sale - 07/08/05 08:14 PM
The Niche did very well when it was Lagniappe Restaurant it was only due to family issues that it closed. Right now it just doesn't have the menu, atmosphere, marketing or management to draw a crowd.

If you have talent you may be able to make it work. Expect to work yourself to the bone for a few years either way.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: businesses for sale - 07/08/05 10:14 PM
So true Simon.

If it were easy to move here and make a living we would be falling over sucessful ex-pats everywhere we turn. As it is we all roll up our sleeves and work day in day out to make a living. Many must work long hours and others live (happily) with much less than they used to have in their original countries.

I have always thought being sucessful meant paying the bills, living comfortably and being able to afford a vacation once a year. Being very sucessful is when you can afford to put a little money away for a rainy day too.

Don't forget that if you can catch a fish and open a coconut you shouldn't starve while you wait for sucess to hit you on the head.

Is my spelling getting worse. TGIF
Posted By: Friend Re: businesses for sale - 07/12/05 03:13 AM
The Stained Glass Pub is one of the more lucrative opportunities in San Pedro. A turn-key operation which is busy year round, perfect for chef-owner. Includes 6-year signed lease. For more info e-mail:

stainedglasspub@yahoo.com
Posted By: Ernie B Re: businesses for sale - 07/12/05 11:34 AM
They closed for about 6 weeks, should reopen any day now.

www.sanpedrosc.org
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: businesses for sale - 07/12/05 12:54 PM
I can make eggs and bacon... would that be considered a chef-owner? eek
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: businesses for sale - 07/12/05 12:58 PM
Originally posted by ScubaLdy:
I STONGLY suggest you check the sales records for anything you are looking at. Also check to see how many times it has changed hands/names.
Bar restaurant business here is tough - but some really good ones make it big.
Carumba's is the best example I know. Started samll and each off season close for a month and expand. Their secret??? SERVICE and with a smile. They are packed every night.
Stained Glass Pub had a regular clientel (I was one)but any time Marie (the owner/chef) could not be there the food was unpredictable.
You have to be really dedicated to make it here. There is a lot of competition.
I agree completely... Service, above and beyond is the hallmark of a great and successful business. If you are not a dyed in the wool "people person" a bar is not for anyone. eek
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board