AmbergrisCaye.com Home
We have 26 in. and 24 in. 3 wheel Schwinn cargo bikes in stock and ready to deliver to you in San Pedro free of charge.See BelizeCargoBikes.com for details.
Just bought one of these trikes and can vouch for the service, delivery and that the product is as as described and brand new. Had a couple of hiccups on delivery that were beyond the sellers control and they quickly went the extra mile to resolve the issue and get us the trike. Very happy and the price is decent in comparison to buying in US shipping and paying duty to get it locally within a day or two.
Good to know Phil.

Here is a write up for anyone who wants more info http://tacogirl.com/island-life/sarteneja-news-and-specials-from-sapodilla-caye/
Phil,

I'm giving thoughts to buying a Cargo Bike. Could you possibly give us an update after you have ridden your a few days? I'm also considering getting the bigger basket for the front as well. I would appreciate any input you can feed me concerning your thoughts on your new Cargo Bike. Thanks!!!
Actually got it for my Mum so she can get around to and from Town more easily with somewhere for her shopping etc. I rode it from the dock to her house for a half mile. Slow but steady, easy to ride and comfortable. Exactly the attributes I needed. Aluminium frame and rims with little steel so less maintenance. We got the standard front basket as the rear one is very big but if you need the extra space go for it.
Phil,

Thanks! I'm 6 feet tall & got a bit of a Belikin Belly on me! smile I'm wondering if I'm to tall? Did you have any problems pedaling it over to your Mums? The fact that the frame & rims are aluminium is certainly a plus.
I'm 6'4" and 200 lbs. We got the 26" frame, not sure if the biggest, but it was right for my Mums height. I could have gone a bit bigger if it was for me and had the seat fairly close to fully extended to ride it comfortably. It was straight forward but it's very different sensation/experience to riding a normal bike with gears - Much slower and more sedate. Tell you what, PM me a cell number and I'll speak to my Mum, call you and arrange for you to get a trial ride and see yourself. You're in San Pedro right?
Phil,

That would be great! I'll be in SP next Monday & get in touch with you. I can see where it would take getting use to as you don't lean while going around corners. Thanks!
I may have to borrow it from your mom and try it out
Pam - I think that might work out too. After that I might start charging to recoup some of the cost!!!!
Hi,

I see some questions have come up here about the bikes so I'll answer them and also give some additional info that is not yet on the website.The bikes come in 2 sizes, 24 and 26 inch.The 24 inch model is for riders under 5'4'' tall and comes in silver and slate blue.The 26 inch is for taller riders and comes in royal blue,black cherry and silver.

There is no maximum weight limit that has been established by Schwinn for the bike.

The shipping "hiccup" that Phil mentioned has been addressed and we will now be shipping boxed bikes to SP and having them assembled there so there shouldn't be any delay in delivery... unless of course we are sold out of the model and color you want.

We plan to bring some bikes over to SP , not sure of the date yet.If you would like a test ride when we do please contact us ahead of time and we will set it up for you.Call 607-8841 or email [email protected]
And be sure to visit us at www.BelizeCargoBikes.com

www.belizecargobikes.com
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board