AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Mike Campbell Smoke Screens - 09/07/12 04:44 AM
We are now ready to supply the Concept Smoke Screen for sale in Belize. Additionally, besides other products, we offer the Concept Sonic Barrier, which is 125db sound at ear piercing frequencies. We will be accepting appointments for demonstrations of this equipment from 18th of September. Please PM for more details. This will stop intruders dead in their tracks. Here is another link www.smoke-screen.com and www.smoke-screen.co.uk Lots of cool videos and this is now available in Belize. It can prevent burglaries and raids. Manufactured in the U.K.

Concept Smoke Screen > Suppliers and Installers of Security Smoke and Security Fog Products
www.smoke-screen.com
Concept Smoke Screen, leading manufacturer, supplier and installer of the Smoke Screen security smoke and security fog generators. Our security smoke and security fog will help prevent loss from your premises and has applications for warehouse security, office security and retail security.

Posted By: Ernie B Re: Smoke Screens - 09/13/12 01:50 AM
Not too many takers. I wonder why ?
Posted By: Bear Re: Smoke Screens - 09/14/12 01:45 AM
It'll bust wide open once they release the ganja-pro smoke module Ernesto...just pick up the perps at Marina's, they'll be the ones with red eyes and the arm load of English KitKats...well if they can even get off the floor...
Posted By: Phil Re: Smoke Screens - 09/14/12 02:40 PM
KitKats?!?!? where..............
Posted By: Bear Re: Smoke Screens - 09/14/12 03:16 PM
Gee Phil, any number of small stores, SuperBuy, I think, Marinas. I'll be honest my wife is the addict and seems to be able to find them all over. Also because these are the English version, the chocolate is superior to that used in the US.
Posted By: Phil Re: Smoke Screens - 09/14/12 04:38 PM
Chunky?
Posted By: Bear Re: Smoke Screens - 09/14/12 05:58 PM
Cant say I've ever seen a chunky KitKat Phil..but I remember Chunky's as a kid
Posted By: Capt. Hollywood Re: Smoke Screens - 09/14/12 10:47 PM
Village market across the bridge sometimes have the chunky kit kats.
I bought one there about a month ago and now they've disappeared.
seems they come in waves, as with all the candy except snickers and milky way. You can always get those.
Haven't been able to find sweet tarts for three months now.
I'm addicted to those things.
Posted By: belizeonthebeach Re: Smoke Screens - 09/14/12 10:53 PM
My wife ate all the Kit Kat's at The Village Store
Posted By: Capt. Hollywood Re: Smoke Screens - 09/15/12 01:14 AM
That explains a lot. She the one responsible for the demise of the white chocolate kit kats too?
Posted By: Cooper Re: Smoke Screens - 09/15/12 03:26 AM
Boy its like reading kindergarden chit chat with you folks...yes you made it, you live in Belize and any other person with any kind of new ideal...well shame on you elderly bullies. I dont think the business will ever work here at this time but you all are sounding like idiots......and extreme mean...shame on you. I would say to grow up but me thinks its to late for that. If you were 12 yrs old you would be in the principle office.
Posted By: Capt. Hollywood Re: Smoke Screens - 09/15/12 04:05 AM
Uh oh....we're in trouble...I guess I have to stay in my room, because talking about candy is FROWNED UPON, on this board.
Good thing I've got my e trade app.
Posted By: Capt. Hollywood Re: Smoke Screens - 09/15/12 05:00 AM
Now, Let me be serious for a moment.

Why putting a GIANT SMOKE BOMB in your house/business is a bad idea.

Most common causes of false alarms (2009)
Source National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)

69% Improper disarming/entry
67% Improper arming/exit
32% Lack of end-user training
26% Weather related
23% Pets
21% Equipment failure
7% Installation issues
7% Other

Shall I continue?
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Smoke Screens - 09/15/12 03:47 PM
Um...... about the idea that older residents are bashing newer ones .... the smoke-screen business is proposed by a person who has resided on this island practically since the advent of sand. Mike is adept at defending his ideas and is usually quite informative when he does so.

Dan also has some interesting ideas and experiences and it's good to hear his views on the product's suitability to our circumstances.

Where the heck the chocolate kittens came from I have no idea.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Smoke Screens - 09/16/12 02:53 AM
I could do a whole chapter on this topic , but I wont.
Posted By: Mike Campbell Re: Smoke Screens - 09/16/12 03:14 AM
Thanks for everyone's interest in this unusual product. Until recently I had never heard of the technology. The smoke is actually fog that is produced from alcohol and is completely benign and will not harm running electronics, fine fabrics or documents. If left in a closed room it will dissipate in 4-5 hours and if you open up the place and turn on the fans it will clear in around 20 minutes depending on size of confine and density of fog. All users of the product are covered by a public liability insurance policy. There is no smoke or giant smoke bomb thats just a statement designed to detract from the product and has no truth.
This is a British security product that was developed from military technology to protect the gold bullion in the Bank of England and is used in many bank vault areas. It has evolved into a practical anti-theft solution for all sizes of businesses and residences as well. The concept driving the development was the knowledge that even if alarms went off upon entry they culprits would still have several minutes to take what they want and leave before any response is possible. Most all homes and businesses can be entered in less than a minute. Assume the alarm sounds and police and Security Company are alerted and assume they will respond to the site within ten minutes. That means the thief can enter in one minute spend three minutes taking what he wants and be gone with your stuff in less than 5 minutes well before any reasonable expectation of response. This device protects your property from the first seconds that a breach occurs. It could protect expensive electronics locked in a storeroom or could repel armed robbers such as those that attacked Mata Chica a few years ago. If you cant see it you cant steal it. Concept has distributors in 55 countries and now 56 counting Belize. This system is proven technology that has prevented theft and stopped robberies in countries all over the world.
The list of causes of false alarms Dan submitted is generic and applies to each and every alarm system equally. The important question is can your current alarm system stop theft or does it just make a lot of noise? Our Concept system can be connected to any existing alarm system or can be installed alone. Of first importance in making a security purchase is the quality of the equipment and installation. All our Concept equipment is guaranteed two years and one year guarantee on the installation.
We also supply HD CCTV cameras and systems.
www.smoke-screen.co.uk www.smoke-screen.com 602-1616
Posted By: Capt. Hollywood Re: Smoke Screens - 09/16/12 06:37 AM
Mike,
Not trying to bash you or the product but I feel that I must point out some problems with this system, especially in San Pedro.

I have been in the business for a while and have seen these things come and go.

This it seems is more for higher end security than for home use.

Here are some major problems I can forsee.

1. If the fog is alcohol based, that means it is a fogger, pretty much the same as you would find in a disco.

I had three of them in my nightclub in Belize.
They use a solution that is basically alcohol and glyceryn and a bit of fragrance.

It order to vaporize it into fog it has to be heated to its boiling point. It used to take about 15 mins for our foggers to heat up to operating temperature If you have it coming out in high volume instantly, that means a lot of heat fast. That means a lot of current to heat the element. Which means you cannot put it on a ups or battery back up.
Which means I only have to pull the meter out of your house socket and your system is dead.

2. Anyone that has an alarm system will tell you it is very easy to accidently trip them as the statictics I posted above show.

With a normal alarm you disarm, re arm it and off you go.

If you accidently trip your smoke alarm, there is at least a 20 min wait for the smoke to clear. that's if you use fans, which will probably be in the house where you now can not find them.
Otherwise you are there 4- 5 hours. What if it happens while you are leaving for work?

What if it gets tripped accidently during or before a big dinner party?

3. How will you explain to your insurance company about all the broken windows and the thousands of gallons of water and foam the fire department pumped into your home or office because someone mistook your disco fogger for a real fire.

4. What if there is a real fire and as in most cases a fire will inadvertently trip an alarm system.

Now you have the smoke from the real fire plus the fogger.
What if it happens when you are sleeping and you have to get your family out quickly.

5. What if someone comes into your home in the middle of the night and sets it off.
He can't see anything, Neither can you.

6. What if you are not home and someone breaks in and is trapped inside. Now you have one of the most dangerous situations in a burgalry, the theif trapped inside, desperate to get out.

I am certainly not going to send one of my officers in blindfolded and I doubt the police will go in either.
So now it's a waiting game.

What do you honestly think will happen here in San Pedro?

A. The police will surround the house. Set up a mobile command center and try to entice the burgler out by hailing him on a loudspeaker. They will be at the ready and will wait out the 4-5 hours if need be to apprehend the perp.

B. One of the officers will scribble his cell number on a scrap of paper and tell you to call him when the smoke clears or if you see the guy running out of your house.

C. The Police won't show up at all.

You win if you picked B or C

As I mentioned I think this product could work in high end warehouses, banks etc. but not here in San Pedro.

It needs some real world testing and a track record before it can be considered for home use. I see more problems than solutions with this product.

Posted By: iluvbelize Re: Smoke Screens - 09/16/12 10:36 PM
Does not sound viable for a residence at all. Warehouse security, someplace that people and pets are not present when the fogger alarm is set. It would be a fiasco if homeowners were there when it goes off. Cameras and audio alarms are my pref for home security.
Posted By: Mike Campbell Re: Smoke Screens - 09/16/12 11:47 PM
At this point it seems there is a lot of non factual scare stuff being circulated so I will not get into a bunch of nonsense about what if the sky fell then what would you do. It is not dangerous to people in anyway. I would prefer a room full of fog to getting whacked on the head but thats just me. I also know that if it is pitch black I can navigate all around my house but maybe thats just me.
I would think it would be much wiser to actually learn and find out about this rather than just dismissing it based on nothing except speculation and misinformation and I make no claim that this is the perfect solution in every situation but it can be armed and disarmed as need be and can easily be wired so it does not go off from the smoke detector as anyone in the security business knows. You can compare it to a club fog machine much as you can compare a BB Gun to a 50 cal. machine gun. Additionally it can indeed be set up on a UPS which is the recommended installation.
On Wednesday morning I will be on the morning show giving more information about the product, that usually starts around 7:00 on CCV channel 20 or Reef Radio. I will be accompanied by my partner Gaz Cooper and the North American representative for Concept and we will be explaining more and can demonstrate at our site in San Juan to those who are interested. We also have a Sonic Barrier and a strobe system available to demonstrate. This is all high quality effective security equipment. Is the smoke screen inconvenient? Possibly so in some situations. Will the smoke screens protect your valuables and person? In most cases absolutely so. Is there something psychologically repulsive about "smoke"? Absolutely so, thats what makes the thief run when he sees it coming and makes you resistive to having it in your home even though you know it is benign. Does it work effectively on both the physical and psychological levels? OH YEAH, it most certainly does and it is tried and tested.
It reminds me of when I introduced the Covintec Building System to the country 20+ years ago. It was subjected to every ridiculous criticism imaginable and is now an accepted and widely used building system that really is hurricane proof just like I said back then. The Concept Smoke Screen and related products will work well in Belize and is in current use in 55 countries such as Singapore in both residential and commercial installations.
Posted By: Capt. Hollywood Re: Smoke Screens - 09/17/12 01:42 AM
Unfortunately Mike the website you refer us to does not give a lot of info insofar as specs, power requirements etc.

I am not close minded by any means and would welcome the opportunity to see a demo of your system.

The scenerios I have painted above are not fallacies or what if the sky fell.
These are very real circumstances as anyone reading can identify with. Please remember, you may have someone's life at stake.

Maybe I am a little skeptical, because over 25 years, I have seen stuff like this come and go. Including the sonic barrier and strobe, That was tried about 15 years ago and got a lukewarm response. Maybe the technology is better than the older models.

Is there a perfect solution, absolutely not.

Does this have applications, industrial, military, yes probably so. Where there is a protocal established for security procedures.

All I am saying is from experience, if you throw kids, pets, maids, workers etc. into the mix, such as in a home environment, you are asking for problems in false tripping.

Hopefully, You will invite me to a demo, I would like to see it in action.

Posted By: Gaz Cooper Re: Smoke Screens - 09/17/12 05:31 PM
Hi Captain

I have read your posts above and you have some valid points based on someone who is not educated on the product.

This product is used in 55 COUNTRIES around the world in RESIDENTIAL HOMES and business's etc and is PROVEN to INSTANTLY REPEL burglars and stop home invaders in their tracks and our demo videos of REAL SITUATIONS show just how effective it really is.

When I see someone question the suitability of the product when it is already being used EXTREMELY SUCCESSFULLY in RESIDENTIAL HOMES in 55 countries around the world it makes me wonder why, because the FACT is, it is already being used SUCCESSFULLY in so many countries so why would Belize be any different.

Having lived 5 miles north for more than 15 years I can tell you from personal experience that a sound alarm is useless because nobody will hear it and the burglar don't care either (I was burgled multiple times) he will rob you at leisure and ignore the alarm cos he knows as well as I know the police are not coming anytime soon.

The same with CCTV Cameras he used a mask

If you had a Smoke Alarm system it would INSTANTLY protect your property and foil the burglary because he cant steal what he cannot see.

The Smoke screen is perfect for homes in remote locations where an Alarm would not be effective and it can also be used for protection as well by setting it off in your house should a home invader break in and this would of been a PERFECT SOLUTION for my x wife who experienced this while being home alone up North when an intruder broke in.

I did a tremendous amount of research to find the right solutions for the island and for Belize, and Concept Smoke Screen is that exact product and it is PROVEN to be extremely effective.

Statistics show Burglaries are over within 3 minutes of breaking in and I have many videos of Burglaries while the Alarm is sounding and they are in an out with the loot WHILE the Alarm is sounding and are away with the loot, that will NOT HAPPEN with Smoke Screen as it stops them within seconds.

THERE IS NO QUESTION that this product is very very effective and suits all installations including private homes.

As Mike mentioned we will be doing DEMO's very soon, as as soon as you see it in action you will instantly see just how effective this product is.

Cheers

Gaz Cooper
Concept Smoke Screen Belize
Posted By: Capt. Hollywood Re: Smoke Screens - 09/17/12 06:09 PM
Thanks for the info Gaz.

I look forward to seeing a demo.

Now I will ask the big question --How much? (more or less)
Posted By: Maya House Re: Smoke Screens - 10/06/12 06:15 PM
Has anyone seen a demo yet?

Any response to an estimated price range??
Posted By: Gaz Cooper Re: Smoke Screens - 10/07/12 04:11 AM
Prices are determined by the location and based on size dimensions of the property to be protected so each install is custom.

Demos have been ongoing with town board and san pedro business's and residents. DEMO'S are held by appointment and can be demonstrated any day of the week by contacting Mike Campbell at 602 1616

Gaz Cooper
Concept Smoke Screen Belize
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board