AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous Wimbledon - 07/07/08 04:10 PM
Did anyone else see the men's final? Incredible match, the best I've ever seen. And won by the first Spaniard for many decades. The Spanish are really cock-a-hoop now, with two great wins in a week. I wonder if there'll be drip-down to all Spanish-speaking people?
Posted By: pugwash Re: Wimbledon - 07/07/08 06:17 PM
Unless you spell it Wimpleton, most non brits won't know what you are talking bout smile
Posted By: SimonB Re: Wimbledon - 07/07/08 07:36 PM
Watched the British F1, much more entertaining.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wimbledon - 07/07/08 07:39 PM
You'd be amazed how many foreigners were at the match yesterday, and how many countries it was screened in. It's generally regarded as the premier tennis tournament, certainly by the players. All other programmes due to come on after it were postponed or cancelled - and that's on American TV. That doesn't happen for any other non-US tennis tournament.

I watched the GP as well - most irritating that they played a recording of that at exactly the same time as the live Wimbledon coverage. I swapped back and forth. Both were superb, but the tennis was of unprecedented quality.
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Wimbledon - 07/08/08 04:25 PM
Yeah, it is amazing what we foreigners pay attention to. smirk Nadal had some amazing netplay.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board