AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Scuba do We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/06/11 03:05 PM
to play us on 3/19 on AC during our free softball outreach we are 32-8 over the years in Belize and are getting older, so come and get us. International Sports Outreach
Posted By: Ernie B Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/06/11 03:12 PM
David, is this an adult league ?
Posted By: Scuba do Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/06/11 03:55 PM
Yes, Ernie we will tour with our team from Memphis starting in San Ig on 3/14 and move to Santa Elena and on over to Esper. doing free softball clinics each day and playing doubleheaders each night...get a team together to play us I know you are a good player... , we are also awarding medals and champoinship shirts to the SPHS Regional champs and having a home run derby at 4 :30 Pm on 3/19 at the lagoon football field..come on out !
Posted By: Ernie B Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/06/11 05:56 PM
Sounds good. If I can field a " Over 60 " team, how will you handicap us ? We aint a bunch of flat bellies anymore.
have the Paramedics standing by or the coroner
Posted By: klcman Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/06/11 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Ernie B
Sounds good. If I can field a " Over 60 " team, how will you handicap us ? We aint a bunch of flat bellies anymore.

You are going to get RYKAT, PUG and JESSE to stand on the same field, on the same side, at the same time???? This I gotta see. I'll buy up the VIP seats right now! 2MILES, fuel up the Lear and boat!
better have the San Pedro Police on standby
Posted By: Scuba do Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/06/11 11:09 PM
sure Ernie we will spot you 15 runs, two bottles of oxygen and only take 1 out per inning, the crowd would come to see this !!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/07/11 12:51 AM
Two bottles of oxygen???? Is there a shortage ?

We WILL bring our own wheelchairs, walking sticks (which we will also use as bats) and personal assistants-care givers. Now, who's bringing tha beer ?
Sorry Ernie,but we're finding it hell getting our walkers thru the sand. We can't be on your team.
Posted By: TIMO Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/07/11 02:50 AM
i'll be in on 3/18... sounds like fun.

i have alot of friends in sp, as well as those coming down for vacation.

where, what time, whats the game?... assuming 12"... slow or fast?

doubt we will have much equipment though
Posted By: Ernie B Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/07/11 02:57 AM
No worries RB, Im just gonna use you as the first base.
Posted By: Scuba do Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/07/11 02:49 PM
TIMO 12 inch fast pitch, we can help you with equipment( we will donate 16 new gloves, Balco bases, batting gloves and other equipment to SPHS ) and we can play slow pitch also..be at the lagoon soccer field between 10-1 PM on Saturday 3/19 and ask for me, David there will be about 6 teams, the home run derby and awards ceremony for SPHS starts at 4 PM. I heard Ernie is getting in the home run derby...clear the lagoon..clear the lagoon
Posted By: TIMO Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/08/11 02:27 AM
sounds like you have a full schedule, with 6 teams and hr derby. doesn't sound like you need any more teams. probably stop by with a few guys and see if you need some xtras.
Posted By: Scuba do Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/09/11 10:06 PM
that would be great TIMO, we should be able to get them in game
Posted By: Ernie B Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/10/11 02:34 AM
Timo, I have a 75 yr old amputee that can out run any of your troops. Bring it on !
Posted By: TIMO Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/10/11 04:39 AM
i thought the game was softball???

you wanna run... that's cool.

i'm only in winter maintainance codition... you know only doing about 50 to 60 miles per week, not my usual 90 to 100.

starting at victoria house, down all the way to the south end, and back to vh. every morning 9 am starting on 3/19.

come join me.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/10/11 01:02 PM
Me ? Run ??? It was raining yesterday, I ran out to the mail box and damn near fainted.

Who's bringing the beer !!
Posted By: Scuba do Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/15/11 11:47 PM
UPDATE--
our team from Memphis has played two games against the Esperanza Royal Blue Devils, winning 12-10 on Sunday night and getting SHEEELACKED last night 14-2 as Jason ( national ) hit the Devils to victory with a 340 foot shot and Jose ..the pitcher for the National Champs Belmopan Compre shut us down, along with Derrick Jones with 5 rbi's, I play first base but am in right field when these guys bat, I need my teeth to eat !

I have been thrilled to face two of the nation's finest pitchers ( Jason and Milton ) the last two nights along with Jose.

Jason threw me 3 straight change ups and then a smokin 71 MPH fastball, I was caught looking as it flew by belt high, or that is what the umpire told me.

Milton threw his fastball twice and then I went down on a hard slider, but at 52 years old, it was quite and experience getting to face Belize finest, ( both of them were throwing easy to me, they had alot more but were nice to me )I did get one base hit, but it was just a lucky swing, these guys are AWESOME

We play again the next three days and are doing clinics twice a day at area schools, giving away supplies and having batting clinics.
Derrick Jones is helping out and is a kind young man, I have gotten to know him and Patrick this week.
We will be back home on SP Friday, come out at 1 :30 lagoon field to see how our clinics are run (really cool ) and Saturday some of these national stars are going to try to make it to the lagoon field as we play from 9-3, dont forget our home run derby at 4 PM Saturday keep all the balls and we will hand out final four shirts & medals to SPHS..see you then..goodby from Cayo
David & Jo International Sports Outreach
Posted By: Ernie B Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/16/11 01:19 AM
A 71 mph softball pitch ? Dang !! BTW, softballs aint soft. And , golf carts will not float !
Posted By: Scuba do Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/17/11 04:14 PM
Yea Ernie....Last night I faced National aces Jason and Milton both and they were in the high 70's which is like a 104 fastball from 66 feet, I went K K K but did have a foul ball that I may have Jason sign, see everyone out on the sialnd, Esperanza beat us last night 12-9 and we are tied 2 apiece tonite is the rubber match..Jason amd Milton told me they will travel out to SP on Saturday to pitch if I buy them dinner and our outreach gets them a ride out, we will do that !
Posted By: Ernie B Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/18/11 01:21 AM
You are a good man, David. Will you be there during LobsterFest?
Posted By: Scuba do Re: We challenge any Belize softball team - 03/19/11 03:05 PM
Thanks for the kind works Ernie...I will leave in April sometime, the GOB has made a decision to ADD baseball to all the high school teams in the country once again and is considering us to help write the program, we have a meeting in 3 weeks with the GOB. Baseball been very good to me WAHOOOOO
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board