AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Dana Send Whiskey - 09/06/04 05:18 PM
We survived the Hurricane here in South Florida and those damn people from the North are sending millions of gallons of water and no whiskey. Please if you would like to help give whiskey to Peter Miron there on the Island and he will make sure it gets to where it is needed.
ps-I like Woodford Reserve
Dana
Posted By: papashine Re: Send Whiskey - 09/06/04 07:03 PM
Rye whiskey, Rye whiskey and wild wild women... they'l drive you crazy, they'l drive you insane.
Posted By: atomicindy Re: Send Whiskey - 09/06/04 07:48 PM
Woodford Reserve is great. Have your ever tried Knob Creek? Good to hear that you survived the hurricane. Have you heard any news about Vero Beach? I used to live there. I know the hurricane hit Vero Beach but have never heard a damage estimate.
Posted By: shooter Re: Send Whiskey - 09/06/04 11:43 PM
Speaking of booze.I am going to AC in November and would like to bring a dozen or so bottles of vino for my own selfish consumption. Can I bring these through customs. If not , could I mail them to where I am staying?
Posted By: DrewLori Re: Send Whiskey - 09/07/04 01:25 AM
I had two bottles of wine in my back pack & my husband had a pint of Jose Cuervo & another bottle of wine. We told the officials as a preemptive strike & no one cared! We enjoyed our wine & homemade margaritas with fresh lime in the room and then helped the Belizean economy by drinking more at the bars of course!!!
Posted By: DrewLori Re: Send Whiskey - 09/07/04 01:29 AM
Shooter- one more thought to better answer your question- they do limit the personal consumption. I believe its 1.5 -2 litres per person. I am sure your airline can assist you with the limits. 12 bottles may be a problem!
Posted By: sandb Re: Send Whiskey - 09/07/04 02:17 AM
Premium Wines and Spirits opened a store in the Marina Shops across from the Belize Bank two weeks ago. We used to have them ship a case or two over from Belize City and found them extremely accommadating with a great selection at very good prices...you will be able to get many wonderful varietals not available at home at very decent prices....enjoy.
Posted By: shooter Re: Send Whiskey - 09/07/04 04:10 AM
Thanks everyone

That was some good info
Posted By: SimonB Re: Send Whiskey - 09/07/04 02:24 PM
You can get an idea of what wines are available here on the island by going to http://www.lagniappe-belize.com/order.htm and downloading an order form.

Cheers,

Simon...
Posted By: Dana Re: Send Whiskey - 09/07/04 03:12 PM
To Atomicindi...We have a clinic in Vero and I talked to them yesterday. They were hit fairly hard but their big problem was the water system was out. They were a bit above where the hurricane made landfall. I could not reach anyone in the 561 Area Code yesterday.
Posted By: Dana Re: Send Whiskey - 09/07/04 03:20 PM
Cindy - Did you do your pilot training around Vero? It's a great little city but it was on the dirty side of the hurricane and it came through so slowly with about 10 - 15 inches of rain. Long running huge hurricane in area.
Dana
Posted By: sandb Re: Send Whiskey - 09/08/04 03:01 AM
"There is a minimum order value of $200US on all orders.
All orders must be paid 48 hours prior to arrival, all orders are purchased 24 to 48 hours prior to arrival. For orders cancelled within 48 hours of arrival there is a 50% re-stocking fee, for orders cancelled between 48 and 96 hours prior to arrival there is a 10% re-stocking fee, for orders cancelled 96 hours or more prior to arrival there is a full refund of any charges."

?...!!!
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Send Whiskey - 09/08/04 04:12 AM
SEnd lawyers, guns and money! The s**t has hit the fan!
Posted By: CrackerLarry Re: Send Whiskey - 09/08/04 04:24 AM
I'd be glad to send whiskey, but with the demand for it here and the cost of getting it down there from Savannah, I'd have to charge more than retail. Jeb will then arrest me for price gouging.

BTW, when ya get hurricane warnings down South, make sure ya got plenty of whiskey. More important than candles at least.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Send Whiskey - 09/08/04 03:04 PM
sandb,

You seem concerned with our policies, not sure why, but if you read carefully, you will find that we do not carry inventory and must purchase all items from suppliers around the island. So, if we buy the items and you cancel we are stuck with them as very few if any stores will take the items back. Profit margins are small and overheads are high hence the requirement for a $200 minimum.

Constructive criticism is welcomed and you can contact us directly through the e-mail address listed on the website if you wish.

Cheers,

Simon...
Posted By: sandb Re: Send Whiskey - 09/08/04 07:06 PM
SimonB, you are right , I should have explained.

I was picking on you because it was not evident that you were referring to your own business (which advertises as being able to deliver over 65 wines) as a good representation of what wine is available on the island.

Premium Wines and Spirits offers over 300.
Before they opened in San Pedro, I could call them up in Belize City and have a case of wine arrive two or three planes later whereupon I would stick a check in an envelope and send it back through the airline.
I should add that this is not an advertisement and I am not associated in any way with the company.

Now, back to the whiskey...
Posted By: SimonB Re: Send Whiskey - 09/08/04 11:46 PM
The website does need a bit of an update as there are about 160 wines currently available. Premium opened here on the island a short while ago and we do intend to start supplying their products in the near future. We make it a point of buying all of our products on the island to support the local economy which is why Premiums 300 products were not offered in the past.

Cheers...
Posted By: Barefoot Skinny Re: Send Whiskey - 09/09/04 09:18 AM
I'll take a whisky Si.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Send Whiskey - 09/09/04 06:09 PM
Really? I'm coming down on Saturday and can bring. E me.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board