AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 08:00 PM
:>
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 08:05 PM
Thank you, Chlois!!! :p
Posted By: Anonymous Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 08:07 PM
Drats! missed it by seconds wink and by the way what happened to being able to e mail someone from the board through their profile?
Posted By: Marty Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 08:09 PM
certain folks have abused the ability to see the email addresses of others. privacy is important to many. and email stalkers suck.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 08:17 PM
Does that mean the only way to let someone from the board contact you now is to post your email publicly?
Posted By: Marty Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 08:18 PM
i guess so. but i don't recommend that either, really. or meet them somewhere i suppose.

when these were visible, a certain person emailed many telling them ridiculous fabricated horror stories trying to hurt Belize tourism.

and he's around still, so no use tempting him.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 08:20 PM
Thanks Marty - It's a tough job to be fair and try to protect everybody's interests at the same time - appreciate your efforts
LA
Posted By: Marty Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 08:22 PM
honored, thanks lawcucui.... also sometimes people go thru me, and i can be a fallible human filter. thats better than nothing. i think!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 08:33 PM
Wasn't there a way to have our e mail address available to you and not actually posted in our profiles - so that people could email others through the board, which acted as a sort of filter, even though they didn't have the actual e mail address? Was that not working?
Posted By: Marty Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 09:07 PM
i don't know of that function. i don't know how a person could email another person without seeing their email address...

i can see folks' email addresses, tho not passwords, so sometimes people ask me to get ahold of someone....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 09:13 PM
Okay - guess I must remember wrong - I had never posted my email address but thought I received a couple of emails from boarders, through you, that started something like: "You have received the following email from a member of the Ambergriscaye message board: . . ."
I know just enough about computer technology to know I don't know anything - so I'd be willing to bet I remember wrong . . .
Posted By: Marty Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 11:41 PM
I am politely informed that you are correct. i'll try to turn that on again... i never used it. this software goes thru various permutations and i sometimes can't find some things anymore, and other things become available i don't always know.

:>
some techie nerd guy huh?
off to the control to try to turn that on again...
Posted By: Marty Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 11:42 PM
hmmm. didn't find it yet, but found the poll thing, i turned it on, if someone wants to try to make a poll!!!!
Posted By: Marty Re: thanks Chloe - 06/13/05 11:48 PM
hmmm. think it might be on.
new to me...
Posted By: klcman Re: thanks Chloe - 06/14/05 12:05 AM
it's on!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: thanks Chloe - 06/14/05 12:39 AM
Marty - you rock! wink
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: thanks Chloe - 06/14/05 02:16 AM
...it's ON!!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board