AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: cbar My first visit - 02/01/01 08:25 PM
Hi, my husband, myself (in our 40s) and adult son will visit Belize in early March. We have rented a 4x4 for the first 4 days which we would like to spend in western Belize. We prefer to "play it by ear" if possible. If anyone can help with a few questions, we'd appreciate it. We do a lot of camping holidays and wondered if there are camping facilities w/washrooms available? If staying in hotels/cabannas, is it advisable to reserve in advance or will we have a problem finding something? We would also like to visit Tikal. Is it pretty easy to plan that when we get there? We thought we would visit A/C as well and wondered about a place called The Village Resort. Thanks in advance
Posted By: Karen Pasquariello Re: My first visit - 02/02/01 05:34 AM
Hi,
I recommend having some places lined up before you arrive. Only because you are going in high season and the last thing you want to do is drive around trying to find a place to stay after flying all day. Wherever you stay should be able to help you set up a Tikal trip.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My first visit - 02/02/01 05:50 PM
i agree. sometimes you can "wing it" but if there is something you really want to do, i would book it in advance. i heard of too many people not being able to go, usually because the tour was full. or it didnt go out the day of the week you had in mind.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board