AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Sunshine115 First time visit - 03/20/01 08:12 PM
I found this web site this morning while looking for vacation ideas and am hooked--ready to get on a plane today! Would like information/ideas on when the best time of year to visit and some of the highlights for a "newbee" not to miss (for what I hope to be the first of many trips) Interested in r&r, local attractions, good food & diving.
Posted By: Big Frank Re: First time visit - 03/20/01 09:55 PM
bRIEFLY...

Investigate placencia or Maya Beach[Singing Sands Inn]if you want a seriously languid and laid back place for a few days, then on to Ambergris for the crazy blowout. Go pricey on placencia, then cheap on Ambergris and don't spend a lot of time in your room.

U will not be disappointed
Posted By: Taffy Re: First time visit - 03/29/01 02:03 PM
Hi, myself and my girlfriend have decided to visit Ambergris in October. It will be my 30th birthday and we have recently discovered the joys of diving. Looking at this site has made our minds up for us. Does anyone have any good tips on making this a really special vistit.

:}
Posted By: Axeman Re: First time visit - 03/29/01 03:51 PM
After reading this board...there is is absolutly NO way NOT to have an incredible time in AC....show up....look around and your transported into paradise...as far as "vistit" I think they frown on topless stuff...
just a joke...
April 18th is getting closer and closer...
Can't wait to meet all of you...
Mark
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: First time visit - 03/29/01 05:01 PM
If you want to optimize the available seafood factor it is probably best,for the summer traveler, to go after June 15th and before July first to catch both Lobster & Conch ! We got lucky last year and hit it just right!
Posted By: Beenznrice Re: First time visit - 03/29/01 10:00 PM
Why before July first? Is that when conch season ends?
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: First time visit - 03/30/01 06:04 AM
Yes, Conch season closes the end of June and Lobster season opens 6/15 if i remember correctly.
Posted By: Debbie Re: First time visit - 03/30/01 05:57 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!! I'll be there for both!!!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kruman Re: First time visit - 03/30/01 10:11 PM
Sunshine-
Hey, how lucky for you to have stumbled upon this website! If you are serious and really do visit AC you will be very pleasantly surprised. You must visit! The diving is indescribably good, the food is great (use the search feature at the top right of the screen for advice on where to eat) and the people are the best part! I mean by that, the locals and the tourists! Most everyone there seems to be happy as a clam on a regular basis. Not so strange, you'll understand when you get there. It's a great way to spend your vacation money and almost certainly you'll return.
There is so much info on this website, by the time you get there you will feel like you know it all!

Welcome!

Jen Kruman

[This message has been edited by Kruman (edited 03-30-2001).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: First time visit - 03/30/01 11:57 PM
hey jen, did heidi ever take the candy/trinkets down? how did that go? just curious.
Posted By: Sunshine115 Re: First time visit - 03/31/01 12:09 AM
Thanks for all of your input. Thankfully work has been slow, all my time has been online 'exploring' and am sooooo hooked! I would love to hear more recommendations. Now just need to convince DH that this is the place! Thanks again.
Posted By: Eirelyn Re: First time visit - 04/01/01 04:20 AM
hey sunshine,
my advice after having been there 3 times, stay in town. the resorts on the north part of the island are great, my cousin owns one, but it is better to stay in town then you dont have to pay for the water taxi. Ramon's is a great place to stay, also for eating check out Elvi's kitchen it is the best! The locals are the best, i've never met nicer people. The whole island is great, you won't want to leave.
Posted By: garfish Re: First time visit - 04/03/01 09:58 PM
look at the "about ambergris board" see MARTY BOARD VERY HELPFUL for a brief report on another resort and a few eateries....
Posted By: Fins Up Re: First time visit - 04/07/01 03:49 PM
Hey Marty
Wendyc should not be bad mouthing AC and trying to sell her business. Cut her off.
Posted By: Axeman Re: First time visit - 04/07/01 06:08 PM
hmmm....since I'm on the way in 11 days, I'll wait till I get back before I say how I feel about the San Pedro comment...really would be uncomfortable to run into Wendy C if I said something mean, not that I have a mean bone in my body.
Posted By: diann Re: First time visit - 04/08/01 09:50 AM
so, Axeman.. i guess what you're saying is that it wouldn't be THAT kinda vistit, right?!??!?! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Axeman Re: First time visit - 04/09/01 01:31 AM
yup..."vistit" is a leftover wording from pirate times...It's what happens after they take the ship ...now as far as AC...I'll let ya know when I get back...If I can find out what the TRUE meaning is I'll be sure to let ya know. Chances are the only "vistit" Ax is gonna see will be the Breast at the Chicken drop!
But one NEVER knows....we must be berry berry quiet....we hunting wabbits...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board