AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: rickcheri axeman - 04/28/01 02:19 AM
our partner in crime!! did u stay on AC?? or are you still typing your trip report??? LOL LOL hope you got home ok
Posted By: seashell Re: axeman - 04/28/01 07:12 AM
Yeah, hey Axeman, I'm dying to hear your trip report or are you still recovering? :^)
Posted By: Axeman Re: axeman - 04/28/01 05:21 PM
I'm trying to stop crying first...gonna be a bit...I'm so sad...I'll get it up tomorrow..I'm still in Belize mode...no worry,no hurry. I never got to the gator...saveing it for when we all hook up next time..would'nt be the same withoutyou all there...man I miss you all..can barely type threw the damn tears..geez,,never been hit so hard by a place..can we go back right now?
Posted By: denverdan Re: axeman - 04/28/01 05:25 PM
Yep Mark, now you know Belize!
No words can express.......
Hope
Posted By: Chloe Re: axeman - 04/28/01 05:35 PM
HELLO Axeman I hate to say "I told you so"
but just did...........Man it is great to know you really had a life altering experience in Belize, like the rest of us.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: axeman - 04/28/01 07:31 PM
DO NOT TOY W/ME!! You wanna go??Right now?? I'm there!!! LOL (in about 6 months) good to read from you!! You and Trevor stay out of trouble after we left??? C
Posted By: seashell Re: axeman - 04/28/01 08:44 PM
Axeman, now you understand why I was there 3 times last year and why I'm so anxious to hear your report. I'm equally curious as to what you thought of the diving.
Posted By: Punta Rebel Girl Re: axeman - 04/28/01 08:51 PM
So you too discovered the magic of Belize. It is scarey such a place can have such a deep emotional reaction on someone. I have been back for almost 3 weeks now and still can not shake the feeling. I think of the island everyday only about 1 million times. But I have found that I do have a new calmness in my soul I did not have before. SP touched me in a wonderfully positive way, and without even trying, it made me into a much better person. I cannot wait to go back and feel that magic again. Hope it touched you too. [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl
Debbie
Posted By: Axeman Re: axeman - 04/29/01 12:03 AM
Trevor and I hooked up my last night with three WILD women!!! I never went to sleep..ended up skinnydipping just south of my place...thank god the pica pica didn't get the nads...Trevor got lost from the group and some really weird guy came with us "dipping" I guess one of the girls liked him more...I was on my BEST behaivor!!! The flight home was tough..I was wrung out tired...gonna post report tonight!!!! hope you all got an hour to spent reading...
Posted By: rickcheri Re: axeman - 04/29/01 12:13 AM
Axeman--
This is Rick, just got home from work, just emailed you.. Did you get it... Talk with you in a little bit.... Rick
Posted By: diann Re: axeman - 04/29/01 03:09 AM
just got about the 11th email from Axerman saying that he's only on day two now!!! oh my........ guess we'll be waiting for awhile!!!
Posted By: Lissa Re: axeman - 04/29/01 04:20 AM
I don't know who Axeman is, or for that matter, anyone else. But I want to thank him for responding to one of my questions in another "topic". I was way off of the topic but he responded quickly. I go to Belize May 10-20. I'm staying at DuPlooy's in Cayo District until May 13 then I fly into San Pedro and plan to stay at Ramon's Village until May 20. Really looking forward to it. This will be my first visit to this area. Any suggestions about my first visit would be appreciated. I'd like to see as much as I can while in Cayo and there appears to be so many things i.e. ruins, caves....advice needed.
Axeman has definitely convinced me that I have made the right choice on my travel destination. I almost felt his tears. Axeman, why don't you consider moving there? Why not? We only live once! And thanks again for the response in the wrong "topic".
Posted By: rickcheri Re: axeman - 04/29/01 04:36 AM
Dear Lissa--
please email us [email protected] and we'll answer all your questions.. Rick
Posted By: Axeman Re: axeman - 04/30/01 03:08 PM
I have a pretty demanding business here in the Washington DC area...Plan on retireing in 10 or so years..AC is on the top of my list...you'll know how I feel once you go there!
Posted By: Debbie Re: axeman - 04/30/01 06:15 PM
Lissa,
We did DuPlooy's and San Pedro last year. We had a marvelous time. If you need any info email me.....
[email protected]
I'd be happy to fill you in...
Debbie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: axeman - 04/30/01 10:01 PM
for me, it was '93. we stayed at the san ignacio hotel and then banana bank ranch. ask away....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: axeman - 04/30/01 10:04 PM
oh, axeman, i will be visiting washington DC with hubby & kids this weekend. looks like i'll be in your town. anything we need to know? i would ask if ya wanna hook up, but again, we will be with our 4 & 6 year olds. any interest? be there thurs-sun.
Posted By: Axeman Re: axeman - 05/01/01 12:46 AM
Things ya need to know in DC:
1. LOOK AT THE PARKING SIGNS..YOU MAY LOSE YOUR CAR...
2.SEE IF THEY MAKE BULLET PROOF JACKETS FOR SMALL CHILDREN..YOU MAY NEED THEM..(JOKEING)
3.BE SURE TO GO TO THE ZOO...BRING WATER..YOU CAN BUY IT..BUT EXPENSIVE!
4. USE METRO SUBWAY..YOU CAN GO NEARLY EVERYWHERE...
5.GET FRIDAYS WASHINGTON POST-WEEKENDER SECTION HAS MANY HELPFUL PLACES TO GO.
6. STAY OUT OF SOUTHEAST AT NIGHT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!!!!
7.EMAIL ME AT [email protected] I'LL GIVE YA PHONE NUMBER IN CASE YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING..I MEAN IT TOO..
8. ENJOY YOUR STAY..IT'S REALLY A PRETTY CITY THIS TIME OF YEAR...
See Ya Soon!!!! Mark
Posted By: rickcheri Re: axeman - 05/01/01 03:21 AM
Axeman...believe it or not, there are some people who don't care for AC at all!! And then you have people like us, Punta Rebel Girl etc.....who are transformed in our souls, from such an experience as San Pedro, AC...and there's more and more transformation/spiritual growth involved w/us "fortunate ones" , each time we go. And it's the really "BLESSED!" ones who are aware of how to bring it back w/us!! C

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 04-30-2001).]
Posted By: Axeman Re: axeman - 05/01/01 04:14 AM
Well I finished the Axeman saga....I needed to express all I felt in hopes that others who long for what I found will be drawn to our special part of the earth...Till we meet again!!!
Posted By: seashell Re: axeman - 05/01/01 06:35 AM
I loved your report(s) Axeman. It made me feel like I was there all over again. Happy and sad at the same time.

I was telling a friend of mine (who goes to AC all the time cuz she has to, poor thing) that I want to go back at Xmas, if not before. She said, "You could go anywhere, why don't you go somewhere else for a chang�?" I'm sure I don't know how to explain it, if she doesn't get it already. The funny thing is that I originally met her because I wanted to go diving to Belize. It took me 3 years to get to SP from the time I decided I wanted to go and since then I've been back 3 times in the past year (a longer stay each time). :^)
Posted By: Axeman Re: axeman - 05/01/01 01:27 PM
I'm already trying to figure out a business that would benefit the local people and support a liveing there....can you smell the smoke? This is your brain on AC...
Posted By: Punta Rebel Girl Re: axeman - 05/01/01 04:05 PM
Axeman, thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us. It is almost like being there again. I pop in the right music into my computer, pull up the message board and read all of your wonderful adventures while listening to the music, and I am there, even if only in heart and mind. I can't imagine anyone not being spiritually and emotionally touched by such a wonderful place, but I am so thankful I was given the opportunity to experience it for myself and have my life changed in such a way. It is too hard to put into words the way it makes one feel, but it is such a strong effect that it has on one's soul. I am forever changed because of my 8 days in SP and I cannot wait to get back again. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Punta Rebel Girl (edited 05-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Punta Rebel Girl (edited 05-01-2001).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: axeman - 05/01/01 04:27 PM
seashell, i feel as you, and although i've only been ther 2x, i can't wait to return next year. all i tell say the same thing "don't you want to see NEW places?". sure, i guess, someday. but for now, why not continue to go where you feel at home, warm, safe, comfortable, wanted. AC has all i need in a vacation. no one understands until they go. and yes, some miss the point completely. i missed much by staying up north last time (peace & quiet was my intention), next time, near town for sure.
Posted By: Lissa Re: axeman - 05/01/01 07:34 PM
Everyone has made me feel I have made the right decision on my travel plans. Can't wait. Thanks all for the info. Axeman, if it's as great as everyone is saying, do you need any kind of help in your new business you're contemplating in AC? I'm ready for a change!
Posted By: Axeman Re: axeman - 05/01/01 11:57 PM
Lissa...a few of us techies are waiting for Glenn Godfrey Company to get Belize High Tech...with the new Towers and internet access they plan on installing...I do phone systems and Network integration..so I'll be on a plane as soon as it goes in...what do you enjoy doing...besides stareing t the crystal blue water there?
Posted By: rickcheri Re: axeman - 05/02/01 01:06 AM
ok lissa, back off sister...just KIDDING!! Axeman, if you develope a plan, let us know...we're STILL trying to find the RIGHT thing!! Can't live the last 1/2 of my life in this place...any ventures you feel INSPIRED , that would involve a "fireball" and a "patch dude"...well i think you know we're in!!! Miss ya....C&R
Posted By: Anonymous Re: axeman - 05/02/01 03:38 AM
axeman, let us know if they are in need of any data warehousing services! [Linked Image]
Posted By: diann Re: axeman - 05/02/01 07:12 PM
Axeman.....
i know you said no one on AC could connect you with Glenn Godfrey Group, but since we talked, have you heard from anyone?? I've got a few things in mind if i could just read/know what they are doing..... still dwellin in your reports bud [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by diann (edited 05-02-2001).]
Posted By: SP Daily Re: axeman - 05/02/01 08:24 PM
From the Belize phone book:
GODFREY, GLENN D. & CO.
35 Barrack Rd/Craig St
023 3530
023 4324
023 3505
Fax 023 3501
Cell 014 7477
Posted By: Axeman Re: axeman - 05/03/01 02:24 AM
Geez...look in the phone book..DOH!!!!
Thanks a ton Jesse!!!!you DA MAN!!!
Posted By: diann Re: axeman - 05/03/01 07:04 AM
Jesse...
i take it you're NOT blonde, huh??!?! well, thanx a jillyon times over!!!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board