AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Belize2002 Has anybody been out to Basil Jones ? - 06/15/01 04:09 AM
Was wondering if anybody has been out to Basil Jones and seen what is done so far. We are very curious what is going on there, seems that we cant use it until after September...... wish there were some updates or pictures ! Hope everything is ok there!
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: Has anybody been out to Basil Jones ? - 06/15/01 07:59 PM
Had a group of 18 there on Wednesday!
It was a great day....good company....good food and lots of SUN!

I'm sure you will get a full report from everyone when they get home tomorrow! [Linked Image]

I'll try to get some pics up in the next couple days. No excuses....just really busy!

Thanks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Has anybody been out to Basil Jones ? - 06/18/01 10:12 PM
Sandshaker,

Can I go take a look at it? I have friends who are interested in going there in September. Would that even be possible? I though I read somewhere it was booked up.
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: Has anybody been out to Basil Jones ? - 06/19/01 09:59 AM
We will see what we can arrange.
email me at: [email protected]
or Gary at: [email protected]

Thanks! [Linked Image]
We where there last Wednesday! The location is very beautiful with a great Beach and lots of Palm Trees. You can walk along the beach for miles and not see another soul. It gets more beautiful and pristine so further north of town you go. It took us 40 minutes to get there from the Royal Palms 2 miles south of town but it was a very windy day and we where in small boats. The finished Model Tiki Villa is very nice and has cool Bamboo Furniture and art pieces. Nice kitchen area, bedroom, bathroom and living room. The pool has been started and there is a nice boat dock. After seeing the place I know that it will be beautiful when finished. It has a true Island feel away from it all. Perfect for a very relaxing vacation. Can't wait to see the place finished next year and stay in our Tiki Hut.
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: Has anybody been out to Basil Jones ? - 06/21/01 03:59 PM
[Linked Image] *Beaming with Pride*

We had the BEST time with you guys and can't wait till your next visit when we can really party down in the bar!

Had a really clear day over the weekend and did some snorkeling right out front.
AWESOME! No bleaching on the coral at all.
Lots of fish and anemones.

I put pictures up from the trip....LOL
TOO funny! http://www.glentree.com/funphotos.htm

Have a look....LOL [Linked Image]
Posted By: Debbie Re: Has anybody been out to Basil Jones ? - 06/21/01 08:24 PM
Should I be "beaming with pride" over my husbands picture???? LOL What a ninny. But we SURE had fun...... The coral head just off the beach at basil jones was very healthy and chock full of fish. I was sure impressed. The place is gorgeous.
Debbie
Sandshaker! Can't wait to party down with you again next year. Thanks for the BBQ. It was great meeting you.
And Debbie! Your hubby looks very native and handsome in his loin cloth with bow and arrow. What was he hunting for?
Posted By: Debbie Re: Has anybody been out to Basil Jones ? - 06/21/01 11:17 PM
Munichchick,
To be honest with you.... We're not sure what he was "hunting" for....LOL We sure had a fun day though. I'm sorry we missed you your last night. We went to the Iguana, and it was closed so we had no idea how to hook up with you. Went to Fido's thinking that would be plan B, but no one was there. So sorry we missed you. I so wanted to tell you good bye.... I thouroughly enjoyed meeting you and Dean. It was truly a treat. Had a great time at your condo that night as well. We'll have to hook up again. Mark just thought Dean was the greatest!!! Again. Sorry about Zuni. Talk to you again soon.
Debbie
Debbie! We also where so happy to meet you and Mark and had the best time. I also wanted to give you a good by hug. Dean thought Mark was very cool as well. Will you guys be there again next year around the same time? We are kind of planing on that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Has anybody been out to Basil Jones ? - 06/23/01 03:12 AM
Hey MC and Debbie,
If you guys need a place to stay next year, or even sooner, just let me know. If we aren't going to be there, our home is open to you both-- well, the four of you.
Debbie, I think I have to go to Houston in late August for a meeting. We'll keep in touch.
vicki
Posted By: Debbie Re: Has anybody been out to Basil Jones ? - 06/24/01 09:12 PM
Vickie,
Thank you so much for the offer. We may just take you up on that. What a treat!! As for your visit to Houston in August, call me and we can meet for dinner or something. I would LOVE to see you again.... Mark fell in love with Butch's T-shirt. Went and got one just like it for himself. I like it too! How were all the fishies when you returned? I think that is so way cool. would love to see pictures.... Keep in touch. You know my email address. Hugs.
Debbie
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board