AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Sandshaker SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 03:17 PM
Well....this morning was one of those occaisions where Divine Intervention seemed to be working. I got up this morning in the wee hours....and watched the sun come up from my porch. Once in a while....God paints a picture for you just when you need it most!

I will be leaving San Pedro and moving back to the states on Friday. Calling a close to this chapter in my life and moving back to reality to be with family and friends.
Guess you could say I've decided to stop the Carnival.

I'm glad to say that I spent time on this island....almost 2 years....and lived the life that most only dream about.
I will miss my view....and the water....the reef....and the friends I've made here.

I made a web page this morning of the pictures that God painted just for me.
My view of Ambergris Caye....just the way I'd like to always remember it.
http://www.ambergriscaye.ws/sunrise.htm

In time...when I've re-couped....LOL....I'll be back to experience Ambergris the way I always wanted to and never seemed to have the time.

I'll be keeping up with what is going on in San Pedro. Doing some free-lance web work from home. Several projects in the works as we speak.
I'll continue to see you here on this message board too. [Linked Image]

Please keep in touch!
Tammy

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 07-17-2001).]
Posted By: Wendy Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 03:34 PM
Wow!!! When is moving day?
Best of luck. You will be missed...
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 04:02 PM
Ya know, it never, ever ceases to amaze me that people living the life we here in the States only dream about eventually burn out or whatever and come home... on the other hand the people in the States make plans, etc to move to the island...

Tammy, you did a great job while there on the island... hope you fulfill your life back home... Good luck!
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 04:25 PM
True...it's the...."Greener Grass" syndrome.
While it may look good...and you may enjoy it for a while......
There is nothing like Roots!

We always want what we don't have....never taking time to appreciate what we do have.

It's human nature.
Posted By: munichchick Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 05:45 PM
Sandshaker Girl! The green grass theory is so true. I have experienced it when I left Germany to live the "Beach Life" in Southern California. Now I am asking myself "What Beach Life?". Since things are so expensive here I have to work my a.. off and therefore I don't get to go to the Beach much. Plus the ocean is always cold here and there is lots of polution. But there are more positives than negatives living here. If the negatives are more than the positives than it is time to move. I totally understand what you are going through and wish you the best for your future. Hey, Florida is a very nice place as well.
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 05:50 PM
Well....I won't be going to Florida.
Gonna try the mountains for while.

Rather not say on this public forum as there are always nut cases out there that just love personal info....LOL

None of you guys of course! [Linked Image]

You guys better look at those pictures...or I'll have a cow....LOL

Too good to miss!
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 05:58 PM
I liked the 5:38 one best. Best of luck to you Tammy. Met you in May and you are such a nice person. Take care. Becky.
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 06:22 PM
That's my favorite too....couldn't have painted a better picture than that one!

I remember Becky.....enjoyed meeting you.

Thanks!
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 06:57 PM
SS,

Thanks for the fun, dear. No matter where you go, or where you're at you'll be just fine. You know how to get a hold of most of us off this board if you're so inclined.

CC
Posted By: Chloe Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 07:42 PM
OMG........a bird's eye view into HEAVEN!

Pardon the tears sliding down this old Gal's face.

SS we all have been blessed knowing you, and seeing all your great talents displayed, for our enjoyment. You have been our eyes and ears on Anbergris, and already missing you.
Love Ya, Mom/Chloe
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 09:32 PM
Don't you cry dog gone it!!!!
You're gonna make me cry!!!!

Love you too! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Chloe Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 10:02 PM
TOO LATE........already crying.......lol

My favorite picture is 5:31 am
Posted By: lmarquis Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/17/01 10:24 PM
Beautiful sunrise shots! I met you briefly in May also. Good luck. When you go back to AC, you will be able to say "I used to live here". Not a bad thing to say. When God closes a door, he opens a window.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/18/01 12:53 AM
tammy, you did something many of us don't have the heart or guts to do - and that is TRY!!

life is for living and learning, and we do it every day.

if you find yourself up here in the northeast, PLEASE contact me, and come visit. i would love to have you. keep me email handy.

best of luck.
Posted By: aloha Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/18/01 03:13 AM
Beautiful shots. Just like the sunset on my last night 2 weeks ago. This was followed up by stars to the left, moon dead ahead and elecrical storm to the right. Couldn't get any better.
Posted By: NYgal Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/18/01 04:15 PM
Sandshaker,
I met you through your really tough time on AC when Keith refused to pass by, it stayed and created havoc. You survived and kept us informed. That in itself is a great feat. May your new life changes be rewarding, as you have been for us. Thanks.
ENJOY !
Posted By: Chloe Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/18/01 07:40 PM
Let me add another wonderful help that Sandshaker has been to a cyberfriend, during the long terminal illness of her husband. SS has been there for her, and has helped with knowledge and good heart for many months now. On a sad note, he passed away this morning, and is now with the Angels. But I know SS made a real difference in their lives, thank you Tammy.
"ANGELS ON YOUR PILLOW"

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 07-18-2001).]
Posted By: Debbie Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/18/01 08:29 PM
My Dear Sister,
For months I used to laugh at how Chloe called us sisters.... I barely knew you, but it was fun. The best part has been getting to know you over these months and discovering that you are indeed a lot like me and have grown into a very dear friend. Meeting you this past June, FINALLY, and getting to spend all that quality time with you, and sharing a small slice of my life has touched me, as you have really become my sister.... I'm crying too! We had such a good time!!!! As the pictures will attest!! I immediately felt like I'd known you all my life. Remember when we first saw eachother??? We just stood there and grinned. Weren't even introduced and we knew EXACTLY who each other was.... I know you're moving on to bigger and better things in your life. A chance at happiness and some time to "smell the roses". Enjoy it. You deserve it. Best of luck to you, and PLEASE email me when you get settled. I'll be moving as well, soon, and would be devastated if we lost touch. All my love,
your sister,
Debbie
P.S. Be sure to get a picture of Wilson before you go!!!!
P.P.S. Isn't God's handywork just amazing? Mark always says that it's moments like that, that he feels he's in "church" and closest to God. What a fabulous farewell. Especially 5:38.... MAGNIFICENT!!!

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 07-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 07-18-2001).]
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/18/01 09:10 PM
Hi Tammy: I want ya ta know how I apprechiated your help and friendship through the years. I hope that your future is bright and sunny. Take care: Bill PS. Beautiful pictures. Got on my favorites list.

[This message has been edited by Bill Thornton (edited 07-18-2001).]
Posted By: Axeman Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/18/01 09:57 PM
Darn Tammy,
Can't fathom your leaveing AC, but I guess what must be ,will be. You we're so nice to me on my last visit, taking the time to talk and answer all my questions, even the dumb ones. Hope your new location provides you with a new outlook, and many more fun times!
I have no doubt wherever you go, success will follow!
Thanks for being you...
Mark
PS: Email me if ya need anything
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/18/01 10:46 PM
Timing is Everything!
Tammy: Now I am so sorry that I didn't MAKE time to see you when I was there last month. Like so many things in life, we expect they will always be there -- next time. Just yesterday I sent you an e-mail about the underwater pictures. A day late and dollar short -- again.
Your sunrise pictures tell the story about how quickly the sunrise disappears in the morning. That "magic moment of light" is exactly that -- a moment. Thank you for attaching the times so everyone can see how fast it moves. I love 5:38 AM -- very spiritual.
For those of you who want to take pictures like this you have to plan ahead. Each evening I would decide what I wanted to take a picture of, where I needed to stand, what settings I needed on the camera, etc., and would be there at least 15 minutes before DAWN. I could get two shots a day. I have one panorama right here in front of me taken a year after Mitch showing a twisted long dock running across the foreground at an angle with the far end at the point of light from the sun. Magic! Sunrise pictures are so much softer than sunset pictures.
Tammy: Good Luck to you where ever you go.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/19/01 01:32 AM
My DEAR friend!! It just AIN"T gonna be the same!!! I send you angels, blessings plentiful, peacefulness, friendship, and the wonderful mastery of happiness, for TRULY it is a choice...one that i know you will always choose! I'll probably walk by your apt. ONE MORE TIME looking for my scissors LOL We had MANY a good time sitting right in there! But NEVER say good-bye....hasta la vista baby!! Talk w/you on IM....we'll have a few beer's together one night!! WE LOVE YOU!!! CHEER"S TO YA!!! Keep reaching for the star's and THANK YOU from our hearts for EVERYTHING you did and keep doing for us!!! C&R PS. now you will HAVE to come and visit us!!!!

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 07-18-2001).]
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/19/01 04:12 PM
Cheri,

I hope that you and Rick realize your dream on Ambergris Caye. I know you want it so bad you can taste it. When that happens....there is nothing you can do except go for it and see how things turn out. If you don't....you will always wonder.....what if?

Sometimes it works....sometimes it doesn't...but at least you tried and don't have to wonder anymore. Right?

This island is tuff to live on sometimes. The most important thing is not to close all your doors in the states....have a back-up plan. After you've been here for a while....you will know when to close those doors if need be.

It is a daily challenge to come up with new ways to overcome all the little things that go with island living. Roads, water, power, communication, permits, transportation, finding stuff you want, high cost of food....the list goes on and on.

I like to think of it as a long term camping trip in the most beautiful campground in the world. So you better like camping a lot.....LOL

I like camping....LOL....just don't want to do it for a lifetime I think. I'd rather come down here and enjoy the hell out of it....then go back to reality and go shopping at Pier 1....LOL

It is all the little comforts and conveniences that you have in the states that keeps a lot of people from making that committment to move here. It's tuff to give up. [Linked Image]

I know you and Rick will get here...I'm sure of it. And I'll be thinking of you two while I'm shopping for flowers and wallpaper at Home Depot. LOL And eating my Arby's beef and cheddar for lunch.....LOL

Well....I better scoot....still got a lot of last minute stuff to do. Amazing how must stuff you accumilate in a small amount of time.

Cheers!
Tammy
Posted By: Delila Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/19/01 04:36 PM
Tammy,
Just wanted to add my personal good-bye to you and wish you well. I truly believe anyones life you touched on the island will never forget you or what you shared with them. The Sun will shine where-ever you go. My best to you gal...................
Delila
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/19/01 04:43 PM
Thanks Delila,
When you visit again......please remember to send me back one of those monster Barracudas you like to catch!....LOL

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Delila Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/19/01 04:52 PM
Tammy,
Oh yes, Will do ....... maybe we can share another or maybe pacific salmon sometime soon.....
Delila
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/19/01 05:33 PM
Tammy
You were such a valuable resource while you lived on A/C. I hope you don't stop now. I appreciate your sharing what the little things that drives one crazy are. Hopefully you will continue to do that.
You have made such good friends I hope you have plans to return occasionally.
I have to wonder how much had to do with age and the need to be able to make a living?
I agree with the statement about keeping a foothold in the states.
Maybe, in a few months you will be settled in and feel more like sharing.
You do have talents that are valuable where ever you go.
Harriette
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/19/01 06:41 PM
LOL....Harriette!!!....are you saying I'm OLD??? [Linked Image]

I'm only 41 you know....just a spring chicken...LOL

As far as making a living...that's always a big plus where ever you go. If you're resourceful enough....you can make a living here. You may eat a lot of beans and rice sometimes....LOL..and sleep on the pier with Paisano...but you won't starve...LOL [Linked Image]

As far as sharing...well...somethings I like to keep to myself. Can't always bare all you know.

I will continue on the message board...gotta keep tabs on what's going on.

Enquiring minds wanna know! [Linked Image]
Posted By: denverdan Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/19/01 06:56 PM
Geeze Tammy, Best of luck to you in the states! If ya ever get out this way there are several people who would love ta meet ya! Including myself lol (although we are all crazy, must be the altitude) since just a few minutes really doesn't do it...
I know the REAL reason your comming home...
it's that "Bath and Body" store right!?! LOL
Again... Best of luck and take care!
You were my inspiration to get on this here board... don't know if I should say thanks, or THANKS A LOT %^&^$$$#!@~... laugh.
Sincerely,
Hope
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/19/01 07:00 PM
LOL.....*giggling*

Yep...your right....it is the Bath & Body Works. Lord knows my body needs a lot of work.....LOL [Linked Image]

You know they actually have one of those stores in the airport in New Orleans....LOL
Must be the last chance one before you leave the country....LOL

If I ever get up your way...I will look ya up. And thanks again! [Linked Image]
Muchas Gracias!
Posted By: patrick-e Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/19/01 11:38 PM
Sandshaker/Tammy, I feel like I know you very well, though we have never met, after reading your helpful advice and humorous comments (animated CR Bag posts and non-stop commentary during Keith's visit, as examples) for more than one year. We will be coming to AC in August and you will have already left town - I am so sorry that we will not be able to meet you!

Anyway, best wishes for your future and I hope that you find what you are looking for. And hopefully, you will still share your wisdom, wit and helpful nature with the people that watch this board.

Again, best of luck in the future!
Posted By: rickcheri Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/20/01 01:16 AM
Hey girl...you know i read "Don't Stop The Carnival" and wondered at the end what in the hell is is everybody thinking was such a big deal??? Walk in the park for Rick and I LOL i'm guessing you've never managed/counseled/12 steps/ 50 women at one time before? LOL I say AC BRING IT ON!!! Same for Rick. I've had tough times here, and really tough times and some really really tough times...something i guess we all do....kinda like wearing diapers in infancy, and if we live to be physically old enough, going out in diapers too! LOL I'll trade how i deal w/tough times here, vs. how i know i will deal w/them there. Same shit/different location. Especially managing FIFTY WOMEN!!! You know.....I believe you "will be back"!!!! Still pursuing "new dream"???? Angel Blessings our friend...i have to ask...are you looking forward to moving back to states??? You can answer me in email if you want!! I gotta know!! Bought a bottle of banana rum, was hoping i would share some w/you Saturday.....but there will be another time!!!! C&R PS I am a VERY good improvisor!!! LOL

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 07-19-2001).]
Posted By: Over_40_Pirate Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/20/01 02:35 AM
Hey Sandshaker...If you're headed for the mountains of Colorado, we'd be honored to throw you a "Welcome Home" party! (we being the Colo Chapter of the Ambergris Caye Society) [Linked Image]

We threw a bash for Skinny last week and it was a real enjoyable get together! You wouldn't believe how many people from Colorado are on this board!

Thought I'd extend the invite just incase you're headed for our beautiful state. Good luck!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/20/01 06:49 PM
i was just thinking: tammy has now met so many of us now, that if we ever made up like a family tree of all boarders who have actually met, tammy would look like the sun in the middle with all of us rays surrounding her!

look what you've accomplished in your life, girl. you've touched so many. be proud.
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/20/01 11:33 PM
LOL...awww shucks! You're gonna make me blush Jane...LOL

You are too funny [Linked Image]

I am proud to say I've been here and done that....believe me....it was no small feat!

I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm sitting in my hot tub....in my log cabin.....over looking the Great Smokey Mountains....with a roaring fireplace....some nice smooth jazz going, maybe Grover Washington or David Koz....candles for effect (of course)....oh yea, and sippin on some nice Asti Spumante!
LOL..the rest of course is...ah hem....personal...LOL

GOD...I can hardly wait

It's so damn hot here today....right now cool weather sounds very appealing.
God if it's this hot in July....I hate to think about what august will be like....LOL
Maybe I'm scooting out at just the right time! [Linked Image]

Cheers!
Tammy

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 07-20-2001).]
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/24/01 12:04 AM
TAMMY -- no no no you got me all wrong. I am the "old on." You are the kid. At your
age you still need to be making a living. I paid my dues and fees and now I'm coasting towards retirement. Less than 14 months.

Since I won't "have to" work on A/C and will have a guaranteed income, I think it will be easier for me.

I finally looked at my u/w photos projected on a screen. I have an awesome Barracuda shot.

BTW -- true love did not come my way until I was 50. I won't detail what came with it. The very best to you.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/24/01 12:04 AM
TAMMY -- no no no you got me all wrong. I am the "old on." You are the kid. At your
age you still need to be making a living. I paid my dues and fees and now I'm coasting towards retirement. Less than 14 months.

Since I won't "have to" work on A/C and will have a guaranteed income, I think it will be easier for me.

I finally looked at my u/w photos projected on a screen. I have an awesome Barracuda shot.

BTW -- true love did not come my way until I was 50. I won't detail what came with it. The very best to you.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/26/01 11:41 PM
Tammy....we e'd you when we got back...our "accident" happened right in front of Basil Jones LOL WHAT a "sign"...let us know if you got it....rickcheri@hotmail
Posted By: Chloe Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/26/01 11:48 PM
WOW DO Tell........what Accident?
Hope you're okay.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/27/01 08:38 AM
Do not want to do that right now.. At this point.. Will let you all know later... Rick
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/27/01 10:45 AM
Nope.......must have sent it to the timeshare addy. I'm happy to say I am NOT a customer of BTL anymore.....LOL
Send it to my hotmail......
[email protected]

Hey Mom......haven't forgotten you I swear!
Email coming your way today! [Linked Image]
Posted By: rickcheri Re: SAYING GOODBYE...... - 07/29/01 01:41 AM
Hey girl our computer is down, will send you an email when we are back up.. Call us if you want.. Rick and Cheri
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board