AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: rickcheri Heading back down!!!! - 10/05/02 06:09 AM
Who of ya'all out there will be on the island from the end of Oct. to the 1st week of Nov. ?????
Looking to meet up with ya boarders!!!!
Will have fun with Bernd, Mark and Mary, and all others. Just need to know if anyone from the states will be there too!!!!!
Thanks, Rick
Posted By: lodell35 Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/06/02 02:37 AM
Rick,

My friend and I will be there from Oct. 25-Nov 2.

Lauri
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/06/02 02:45 AM
Lodell-you'll be there in time for the big Halloween party at the Holiday Hotel!!! It's on the 26th-ya'll gotta go!!! We'll check in at the Holiday around 2pm..on the 29th!! Come and see us!! C
Posted By: lodell35 Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/06/02 02:52 AM
R & C,

I wasn't even aware Belize celebrated halloween!! Is the party usually pretty good??

We will have to check it out.

We're staying at the Belize Yacht Club. We're a couple of girls (Lauri & Brandy). I'm 35 Brandy is 26.

Lauri & Brandy
Posted By: lodell35 Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/06/02 02:53 AM
I also recall either you or Rick saying that this time of year is your normal visit. What's the weather usually like? Obviously you can't really predict it, we just hope we get lucky.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/06/02 05:27 AM
Hey ya all,
The weather can be fickle at times, during our travels there we have had great weather, then we have had a couple of hurricanes scoot by us.
When Mitch hit, that was right before we went down and it was a mess, but still had a great time. Don't worry, you can not have a bad time on Ambergris!!!!!!!! Hope to hook up with ya all.
We will be staying at the Holiday, and yes they have a great Halloween party, bring your dress up!!!!! Sorry we are going to miss this on, we be there on the 29th!!!
Rick laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Bernd Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/06/02 10:55 PM
Weather is great right now, last two days more then a foot rain. It`s fishing time !!
No shower any more, all for free. (exept BELEKIN)
Bernd
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/07/02 05:47 AM
LOL, Bernd..... laugh laugh laugh eek smile

Rick
Posted By: v&j Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/10/02 12:30 AM
We will be there 10/25-11/3 - staying at the Mayan Princess - definitely in count-down mode - woo-hoo!! How many more hours?!?! laugh cool laugh

Vic & Janet
Posted By: lodell35 Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/10/02 01:14 AM
V&J we too are in count down mode, can't come soon enough!! We will be there on the 25th as well.

Lauri
Posted By: v&j Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/10/02 02:09 AM
Hey, Lauri - We'll have to meet up down there. Are you & Brandy divers? We dive with Amigos, and are planning other day trips (Caye Caulker, cave tubing, etc.) Maybe we can join forces......Janet
Posted By: lodell35 Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/10/02 02:49 AM
Janet,

Yes, Brandy and I are divers. As a matter of fact we already have reservations with Amigos for 3 days of diving. We are diving Monday 10/28, 29, 30. Monday were doing local diving and a night dive and then tuesday were doing The Elbow, then Wed, more local diving. Would be great if you joined us.

We are also doing the Cave tubing...funny enough we are trying to find someone to do t with us because it is cheaper if you have 4 people. We are doing the cave tubing with Ian Anderson's Caves Branch on Saturday 10/26. We are staying in Belize City the day we arrive 10/25 specifically to do the Cave tubing. So, if you want to do the tubing with us, we would LOVE that.

Let me know,

Lauri ~
Posted By: Axeman Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/10/02 03:22 AM
Hi All,
Been a while since I said hello...R&C...I'm soooo jealous...pout pout...
Posted By: Sandcrab Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/10/02 03:27 AM
Well Lauri, that's 3 days we'll have to forget about. Your at the top of my dating age scale but Brandy is still in the game.

How about it Brandy (love the name) Will you be here today, gone tomorrow or will this be more permanent?
Posted By: lodell35 Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/10/02 03:36 AM
Well Sandcrab,

Although I am 35 I am a young 35... As for Brandy if you love her first name you'll get a kick out of her last... Kaake (as in Cake) and no it's not a joke. Thank god her parents didn't decide to name her Patty!!!!

Unfortunately for you, Brandy is taken so your out of luck! LOL

Lauri
Posted By: Chloe Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/10/02 03:58 AM
AXEMAN good to see you, been a very long time.
Big Hello to you, and please stay tuned in more often. laugh
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/11/02 12:32 AM
Yeah Mark.....keep in touch!!! I saw Rick's pictures....you look good!! Glad the two of you had a good time!!! Wish i could've been there!!! (explaination=Rick had a "working vacation" in D.C., right close to where Axeman aka Mark, lives....we met him a few years back on AC!!! Save your $$$$ for April!!! C
Posted By: Rubba Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/11/02 03:47 AM
Sorry to see that I'll be missing all you boarders. Im takin' off tomorrow, and would've loved to toss back a Belikin with all of ya. Been kinda quiet on the board myself, but love watchin' all these great threads go by.
I'll raise a few definitely-not-a-12-oz.-beer bottles for ya. Maybe this Spring my timing will be better.
<alarm on "countdown clock" rings> Woo Hoo!
Posted By: NYgal Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/11/02 04:11 AM
Have a great time RUBBA ! ! ! ! cool
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/11/02 07:10 AM
Axeman---
thanks for your care up in DC... All I can say is SOON my man!!!!!!!!!!
take care Bro, copy of pics coming to ya!!!!
Rick
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/11/02 07:12 AM
OK--
All who are going to be there during these times, you can find us at the Holiday- Hang over Bar!!!! LOL See ya all there very soon!!!!
Rick
Posted By: munichchick Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/11/02 07:09 PM
RickCheri! When will your Beach House get finished? The best of luck to you guys.
Posted By: v&j Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/15/02 02:16 PM
Hey, Lauri - sorry for the delay, got sucked into work, and sent on a last minute business trip.

We haven't made any concrete plans for diving - The Elbow trip sounds really interesting, tho. We were gonna hang kind of loose, and plan things as we went along. I doubt we'll be able to make the tubing with Ian - altho I would love to do it, not sure we can work it out logistically.

I'll be back home from Brussels on Saturday - I'll check with Vic and see what we can pull off......Janet
Posted By: lodell35 Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/15/02 06:18 PM
No worries Janet,

We will be at the Belize Yacht Club on the evening of the 26th so you can always find us there if you want to do some diving or anything else.

A little over a week to go, we are beyond excited!

Lauri
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/17/02 01:00 AM
The house is water tight and almost done, should be finished soon!!!!!!!! No More HOTEL!!!!!
OK ya all, lets find a date, time and place to meet!!!! You all call it, and we'll be there!!! 12 more days!!!!!!!!! See ya there!!!!
Rick eek laugh smile cool :p wink
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/18/02 06:33 AM
Yes,
ONLY 11 more days!!!!!!!!

Rick
Posted By: lodell35 Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/20/02 01:08 AM
Hi All, 5 more days and were off!!!

Rick & Cheri, I have no opinion on where or what time to meet since I am a first timer to AC & Belize.

You pick it and we'll be there!

See ya all soon,

Lauri & Brandy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/20/02 01:37 AM
ACTUALLY .....I'M PICKING IT RIGHT NOW eek
Posted By: phartmore Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/20/02 01:42 AM
gitar, tooth or nose?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/20/02 02:06 AM
NOPE .........NUN AH DEM
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/20/02 03:42 AM
Lauri and Brandy..it's hard to make plans and keep them on the island...at times. LOL...we may have a small party at our house one night....we'll be at the Holiday Hotel....if we're not there leave a message..would love to hook up with you all...show you around!!! We arrive on the 29th!!! C
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/20/02 04:49 AM
Good Night MQQSE......and again, i am sorry......C
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/20/02 08:04 AM
You can always find us most of the time Early evening at the Hang Over Bar in the Holiday Hotel!!!!! Stop by and get a Beliken!!!!!!
Rick
Posted By: v&j Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/22/02 01:18 AM
Hey, Lauri - no worries - I love that!!! We just have to wait 3+ more days if work doesn't kill me first laugh

We're at the Mayan Princess, I also might pop down to Amigos on Monday morning just to say hey. Just tell Mel that you're looking for Janet/Vic. Not sure if we'll be diving right away - this cold snap up here in Milwaukee has given us monster colds!! But hey, that's what drugs are for, right? cool And no matter what - we're on vacation!!!!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh

Rick/Cheri - we'll look you up at the Holiday.....

...........Janet
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/22/02 04:08 AM
Cool, same for us here with the rain and cold, fighting a bad cold right now. It will be gone before we leave, See ya at the Holiday!!!!
Rick
Posted By: lodell35 Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/24/02 06:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to tell you all thank you for all the excellent advice and recommendations in planning our trip to Belize. I will be posting a trip report upon our return.

We are just a few hours away from departure and hope to see you all down in AC!

Janet & Rick, hope you are feeling better and that those nasty colds you had have gone away.

See ya in AC,

Lauri & Brandy ~
Posted By: pagodacook Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/25/02 01:51 AM
Hello everyone!
Its been a few months since I've been on the board but just couldn't resist at least saying hello. The board has changed a lot since I was here last - avatar, etc. but still lookin' good.
Seajay, Johnboy, Richard Chambers...where are you guys? Hibernating for winter?? Me, too, I suppose.

Anyway, have a great time on your trip to Belize! Have a Belikin for me...heck, have anything. I'm now 4 months pregnant and can only enjoy the stuff vicariously.

Peace,

Pagodacook
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/29/02 07:09 AM
Ok
We have 3 hrs left!!!! See ya all there that are going to be there at this time and to you that are not, we'll see ya soon!!!!!!
laugh eek :p smile laugh wink cool wink
Posted By: Axeman Re: Heading back down!!!! - 10/30/02 02:03 AM
The only cold Rick had was brown bottle Fever..hehe...Man April is SOOOO far away!!!!Can I start counting?
Posted By: SeaJay Re: Heading back down!!!! - 03/25/03 05:39 PM
Hey Pagodacook - Yep, I was pretty much hybernating through the winter. This is the first time I've checked this board in quite a while. You must be pretty close to your DUE date by now. Be sure to let us know how things go! I hope Johnboy and Richard check in too. We miss you guys!
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Heading back down!!!! - 03/26/03 02:16 AM
Man, SeaJay-check in more often!!! This was the thread posted before our LAST trip....end of October....this is the NEXT trip...April 22nd!!! Thanks for bringing it to the top......lots of memories!!!! C wink
Posted By: Johnboy Re: Heading back down!!!! - 03/26/03 02:43 AM
Hey Seajay!!!!!! Where you been????I check the board pretty regular...Swap e-mail with Richard nearly every day....Give me a holler & I'll fill you in on the going ons.....Later, Johnboy wink :p
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board