AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Cook Real Estate Agent Recommendation Needed - 01/05/02 02:21 AM
Hello all

My wife has been reading and posting on this board for awhile now as we're interested in buying property in Belize.

We're hoping to find an agent that someone from this board can recommend. We will probably be buying a small acreage that we can build our own home on. (Not on one of the cayes).

Any and all advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Posted By: budnmary Re: Real Estate Agent Recommendation Needed - 01/05/02 05:15 AM
I just looked a a site 'carribean properties' that had some Belize listings. also check Belize Real Estate.
Bud
You need to check out Rashell at Southwind.. She has been the best with us, especially since we live here in states, WE had no problems with her, and everything was taken care of.. We Trust her... Email us if you would like any other info...
[email protected]

Thanks, Rick
Cook--Please send me your e-mail address
[email protected]
The agent I would recommend for mainland listings would be Bill Wildman. He's a Canadian who has been in Belize for 30 some years. He has surveyed land all over Belize, owns quite a bit of property in Belize and is, from everything I've been told and from my own observations, honest and dependable. He and his wife live near Corozal Town but he does a lot of business in Placencia. Wildman's business is Belize Lands Consultants, and they have a Web site.

Keep in mind that some of the agents you run into in Belize have no experience in real estate. There is no education or licensing requirement or any background checks. Many are expats who moved down and found selling real estate the easiest way to make a few bucks.

Also consider that most property in Belize is never listed with an agent -- you just have to ask around until you find something.

--Lan Sluder
Adapter Kit: Belize
(the only comprehensive guide to living, retiring, buying property and investing in Belize)
Posted By: Cook Re: Real Estate Agent Recommendation Needed - 01/07/02 03:50 AM
Thank you all for your recommendations and thoughts on real estate agents in Belize, this will give us a good place to start.

I'm sure we'll be asking more questions on the board as we go along.

P.S.Lan-Just to let you know, we've read your book, Excellent source of information!
Cook,

Thanks for buying my book -- every little royalty payment helps!

I'll be glad to try to answer any questions you may have -- feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: PFuller Re: Real Estate Agent Recommendation Needed - 01/07/02 04:02 PM
We highly recommend John and Madeleine Estephan from Emerald Futures. They helped us locate the property and helped us through the entire process. They are both native Belizeans and have been in real estate for quite some time. They were great! You might want to check out their website as it has a lot of listings for what is available now. Their website is emeraldfutures.com.

Peggy
www.ambergris-seaside-realestate.com
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board