AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: h2o help/advice - 08/30/02 06:14 AM
i have a big group of friends and we are talking about planning a trip to belize in August 2003. i am being discouraged by the weather. should i be? some say its tropical storms and they clear up quickly and others think that it will have ahuge impact on what we can do, ie; hiking, kayaking,laying on beach, visiting ruins, etc.
also i am wondering where you would reccommend a group of about 14 people stay?
Posted By: sweetjane Re: help/advice - 08/30/02 12:05 PM
on the island, in condos, or home rentals, you can often sleep many for one fee. might want to look into that. also depends what you want from your accommodations.

if you are staying mainland, many lodges can accommodate groups your size.

in august, i wouldn't worry much for rain, but it is VERY hot. i was there 8/00.

you can always contact barb at barb's belize. she can help with organizing a large group.

only your energy & stamina will impant your trip.
Posted By: o jackie Re: help/advice - 08/30/02 12:06 PM
h2o,
I have traveled in August for the past two years, the first time for 2.5 weeks and this year for 3 weeks and I will also be there August 2003. I never had any weather problems other than a few storms here and there, but no big deal. It never put a damper on any of my daily plans.
I would recommend staying at Banana Beach.It is about a 25 minute walk to town(you cannot beat a nice walk along the beach), but you could get a taxi for 5us or rent golf carts, it is not bad at all.The restuarant should be open by then and there is also a very nice beach bar next door at Mata Rocks and a couple of nice restuarant close by.The rooms are just beautiful,you could get either the suites w/kitchen and an open up couch or just the regular hotel rooms.You cannot beat the owner(Tim) or his staff,they are very accommodating.They have two pools and the beach is nice,very well maintained,comfortable,well padded lounge chairs on the beach and at the pools. Also if you plan any trips the boats come right to the docks to pick you up,so you do not have to worry about getting to town to go on any tours.Email me if you need any more info I will be glad to help: [email protected].

Jackie
Posted By: d-jon Re: help/advice - 08/31/02 03:19 AM
h2o, are you thinking of just doing Ambergris Caye or other parts of Belize?

I must agree too that August is lovely weather.

There is a good selection of accomodations to choose from either if you choose to do mainland and then onto AC or just one.

You can e-mail if you need more help
[email protected]
Posted By: trina Re: help/advice - 08/31/02 04:18 AM
I have been to Belize three years in a row, and never had any major weather issues. Once we had a tropical downpour. It cleared up in about 20 minutes. We were riding in a golf cart, got soaked to the skin, laughed our butts off, went back to our hotel, changed clothes, chilled out, waited for it to blow over. It was a gas. I SHOULD say I wouldn't go in Sept through November.....hurricane season. Other than that....go for it!!!!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board