AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: NYgal A Passing... - 01/05/03 07:19 PM
Our good friend Chloe, lost her Mother today.

Big hearts and strong hugs for her at this time of sorrow.
frown
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: A Passing... - 01/05/03 07:24 PM
So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you Chloe. frown
Posted By: Sandcrab Re: A Passing... - 01/05/03 08:06 PM
My prayers are with you Chloe. My thoughts are with you especially on this day.

My own mother is very weak after catching the Norwalk virus and then pneumonia. She is 95.

I send you many hugs in your time of sorrow.

Jim
Posted By: deb1022 Re: A Passing... - 01/05/03 08:34 PM
Chloe, I feel with you. Lost my mom last February, seems like today, 2-19-02. My whole being has changed, can't quite seem to put words to how I feel today without her in my life. I wanted to call her Christmas Day, she must be somewhere. What a silence she has left in me. I know she was sick, we all have to go, but... I have been waiting for a sign from her, we had talked alittle about it before she left. She knew how I felt about that. This past week, I TRUTHFULLY believe she finally showed me. But I still miss her terribly. That I will always do, she was my mom, she is my mom. I WILL SEE HER AGAIN.

Deb in Ohio
Posted By: Marty Re: A Passing... - 01/05/03 09:22 PM
Oh my gododness, Chloe, I'm so sorry. a very sad day. a big hug, and tears... i miss my mama so much. she died in 76, but i miss her every day. worst day of my life was the day she died, hang in there my friend...
Posted By: Mosquitorose Re: A Passing... - 01/06/03 02:00 AM
Chloe, hang in there girl...my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: A Passing... - 01/06/03 04:12 AM
oh chloe, i am so sorry. you know i am living that road too, and i send my love.

i will email you personally later. find solace in your family.
Posted By: skullyboy Re: A Passing... - 01/06/03 05:26 PM
Chole, No words can express the sorrow of your loss. Hang in there and allways remeber the good things you had together. Daryl
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: A Passing... - 01/06/03 05:33 PM
chloe, i am so sorry for your great loss. we are with you every step of the way. i hope you can feel the strength from your e-friends. gay
Posted By: denverdan Re: A Passing... - 01/06/03 07:18 PM
Oh my gosh Chloe, I am so sorry to hear this news!
Do be strong for your family, it's a hard time for all, especially you...
Our sincere condolences.
Much love to you!
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: A Passing... - 01/06/03 07:28 PM
My prayers are with ya Chloe.
Posted By: Mexicana Re: A Passing... - 01/07/03 03:55 AM
To dear sweet Chloe,

So sorry to hear of your loss! The most difficult loss for each of us I think. If you need to sound off or just talk about it please feel free to email... My thoughts are with you!
Mexicana

[email protected]
Posted By: JmHanna Re: A Passing... - 01/07/03 04:13 AM
No Talk Just Hugs Chloe.
Jim/Ana
Posted By: StrayCat Re: A Passing... - 01/07/03 04:55 AM
(((Chloe))) so sorry to read about your loss. Mothers are so special. Stay strong.
Posted By: Grace Re: A Passing... - 01/07/03 09:03 PM
I'll light a candle for her, Chloe.....my prayers are with you.
Posted By: Debbie Re: A Passing... - 01/08/03 01:00 AM
Oh Sweetie, I'm sorry that you have to hurt like this.....There is nothing like a mother. I hope that your faith will fill that aching hole in your heart. I'm thinking of you and praying for you. BIG HUGS!!! Debbie of Corpus Christi
Posted By: rickcheri Re: A Passing... - 01/08/03 01:39 AM
So so sorry Chloe!!! Angel Blessings to you...she will always and in all ways-be with you!!!! C
Posted By: Chloe Re: A Passing... - 01/12/03 02:45 AM
Chloe is back in Texas now, after Mom's perfect funeral. Mom had all her affairs in order, even preplanned her funeral. She was with out a doubt the strongest woman any one could ever meet. She would have been 87 next month. Failing over the last few years mentally, but was still sassy and had her great sense of humor. Her first 82 years were the greatest of health and ease. All of us felt her peace and calm at the end, even tho she never allowed peace and calm during her strong years.
We were sad and grieved, but we were prepared to lay her to rest.

Amazing, how all your above posting carried me through, knowing people I have never met, could come together, and give me warmth and love with wonderful words. I was reading, during the time I was making all the travel plans, to Milwaukee.
Thank you so very much.

I do miss my Mother, but I know she gave all of us all she could all the time, now we must go on and give to our kids and grandkids as she did.

Thanks again, Lois/Chloe
Posted By: susangg Re: A Passing... - 01/12/03 03:36 AM
I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mother a couple of years ago too. It sounds like your mother had a happy life, and at least she died peacefully and in freedom. From your description, it sounds like a "good death," the kind we would all wish to have when our time comes, but so many are denied. So you can take comfort from that.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: A Passing... - 01/12/03 06:41 AM
I've said it before and will say it again-She will Always and in ALL WAYS be with you!!! Stregth and courage to you!!! C
Posted By: Chloe Re: A Passing... - 01/12/03 07:34 AM
Yes, Mom is with me now and always. She has more power now, being on the other side.
Strangers sent a bottle of wine to my dinner table tonight, for no apparent reason......go figure.
Mom's last days, Dad asked her, would you like to be home cooking sewing and gardening....no reply.
He asked, would you like all the children back home, for you to care for.............no reply.
He asked, would you like to have a good job, making lots of money.........she replied.."now you're talking". That's my Mom.
Posted By: Mexicana Re: A Passing... - 01/12/03 08:52 AM
Chloe, Thank you for sharing that...very nice memory shows the spunk for living your mom had! continued peace to you!
Posted By: Axeman Re: A Passing... - 01/12/03 05:16 PM
Chole, I feel for you..maybe she's at peace now...plus she can watch over you all the time now.
I hope all of our lives are so full....
Mark
Posted By: Gela Re: A Passing... - 01/12/03 10:30 PM
Chloe, your Mom sounds like a incredible person. How wonderful that you got to have so many great years with her.
My Mom died at age 53 - I didn't get to share many adult memories with her. My Dad, on the other hand, lived to be 83. He died 30 minutes after I arrived at his bedside. For about 2 weeks prior to his death, he was "talking" to many friends on the other side. Some say he was just reliving his memories, I want to believe that he's continuing his relationships on the other side.
I just finished reading "Tuesday's with Morrie" and Morrie (who died of ALS) reminded me - "people die, but relationships don't". I wish you and your family joy in the memory of your Mother. My deepest sympathies. - Gela
Posted By: Teenah Re: A Passing... - 01/14/03 02:48 PM
Chloe,
Since I started reading this message board I've noticed that you are always the person who takes the time to say kind things when people are in need. Your message you posted to me at the time of my own mother's passing only 6 weeks ago shows that compassion and caring you have inside. I was in San Pedro when I read your post about losing your mother, but was unable to post without my password. I just wanted you to know that I thought of you many times during the week and hoped that you were at peace. Thanks Chloe...for touching others and showing such a great example of kindness. Your mom did a great job~
Posted By: Chloe Re: A Passing... - 01/14/03 05:39 PM
Teenah you are so understanding. Thanks for your thoughts and words.
Our Mother considered all of her children as works in progress, so she stayed with us for a long time, to show us the way.
My last viewing of Mom, I kissed her, told her I loved her, and looked at the 41 rose buds cradled in her arms from elbow to elbow, representing each member of our family and extended family. My last words to her were, "Girl you did good". The term Girl was strange for me to use, but I guess on another level, it was woman to woman, praise and approval.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board