AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Axeman Are the sharks gone? - 02/11/03 02:07 PM
Someone posted that the sharks are Ray Alley are gone. Is this true?
Or are they in Key West on vacation?
I'm looking forward to taking pictures this time and would be bummed out if they are gone.
Posted By: MamaLiz Re: Are the sharks gone? - 02/11/03 05:53 PM
Just my uneducated guess but I don't think they're gone, they just get full early on cruise ship days.
They had better be there though...I promised my girls that we'd feed hubby to 'em wink
Posted By: lmarquis Re: Are the sharks gone? - 02/11/03 11:30 PM
Nope, this shark is still around. LOL!
Posted By: Marty Re: Are the sharks gone? - 02/12/03 01:43 AM
no but they run for cover when the big boats from the cruise ships come round.
Posted By: Axeman Re: Are the sharks gone? - 02/12/03 05:31 AM
Smart those critters...Are the Cruise ships staying in Belize city and boating over or right outside the reef?
Posted By: klcman Re: Are the sharks gone? - 02/12/03 06:34 AM
BC and boating over
Posted By: Debbie Re: Are the sharks gone? - 02/12/03 05:33 PM
Well, there goes the neighborhood!!! frown
The secret is out...... Cozumel #2 here we come!
Posted By: Axeman Re: Are the sharks gone? - 02/13/03 03:45 AM
I pray you are wrong...But then again, the San Pedranos might enjoy the influx of $$$$$. Ac is small enough that it will saturate at some point.
Who knows what that will bring...
Posted By: denverdan Re: Are the sharks gone? - 02/13/03 03:52 AM
Yep...what a dang shame.
One in our group saw "A" shark while there in Jan. (at least that's what was said)
And although I wish the locals MUCH $, I'm afraid most of that $ goes elsewhere. frown
Posted By: Booberry Re: Are the sharks gone? - 02/17/03 09:39 PM
The sharks are still there, but they seem to like some guides a lot better than others. We just got back and did several snorkel trips with Alphonso- he's awesome!
Posted By: Marie Re: Are the sharks gone? - 03/08/03 05:29 PM
Sad, but seemingly true re the sharks. We dive mostly outside the reef, and saw only one lone shark there. Twice we went to Hol Chan, since it was so rough outside, and sure enough, not one shark. I didn't snorkle at Shark Ray, but my dive instructor said they were pretty much gone. He attributed it to the cruise ship boats. The big ones stay in Belize City, but their little ones bring in lots of people daily. What a sad way to visit our beautiful Belize, not even a full day to know it. Marie
Posted By: margarita Re: Are the sharks gone? - 03/08/03 05:52 PM
One Time we were in SP and the Cruise ship was just outside the reef, sending smaller boats full of people through the SP channel.
Posted By: Chloe Re: Are the sharks gone? - 03/08/03 06:11 PM
Question, is it worth the $5.00 park fee they collect per person, to have all the cruise ship people mucking up the waters?

Real concern, do we think the cruise ship people obey the rules while snorkeling Hol Chan and Shark Ray? My guess is not. How can their guides watch and instruct so many people at one time?

Does the Ranger on duty, let boats in, without having a Licensed Guide abroad?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board