AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: NYgal This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 04:40 AM
Is driving me "crazy" !
Along with:
1. the weather
2. the television
3. lack of conversation ( real word sounds )
4. not going to work
5. not being able to drive
6. loss of muscle tone
7. oh, I have faith that others will help me on this one.....toad? dbdoberman, Axe, Rapier, rick/cheri', Jackie, Chloe, Hope, Jane, Mosquitorose et all ??

Otherwise, I am just like the rest of you, reading this board and add an occasional babble. laugh

Happy Friday wink
Posted By: toad Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 04:43 AM
got batteries?
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 04:44 AM
LMAO...I had faith in you laugh
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 04:45 AM
So glad to hear you are doing ok hahahahaha!

let me think....you are going crazy because it is hard to potty? take a shower? you cannot dance?
the coat hanger doesn't reach the really itchy place?????? :rolleyes:

Hang in there lady! laugh
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 04:47 AM
why does she have to worry if her flashlite works, toad?
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 04:47 AM
WOW,. you sure hit the nail on the head.

Did I say nail. OUCH, toenail is comming off, ugh !!! eek
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 04:50 AM
Nygal stop your complaining, hobble on over here and help me pull my hair thru this stupid cap.
Pin striping again, with racing flames.

I'll talk your leg off....just kidding.

Hey Majestic MQQSE is moving his boat tonight.
He is feel low today too.

See now is when you need a pet........lol

Get the batteries as Toad mentioned.
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 04:58 AM
I have a battery operated iguana in a corner that makes a strange sound as I pass by it, does that count for:
1. batteries
2. pet

Racing stripes? OMG, new cut, and stripes. Must be a spring break thing with your grand kids.

Oh no, poor MQQSE....he needs a boost too. He told me my toes were not 'suckable' and I don't blame him one bit. eek

OK, I'm on a hunt for MQQSE now. I hope I can find him.

hmm.......batteries wink
Posted By: denverdan Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 05:03 AM
HUH???
Batteries for the mQQse???
Interesting...
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 05:06 AM
Nygal, do you think alittle pink and purple will be in style?
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 05:07 AM
Hope you are being a tomatoe......ketchup !
Just kidding. wink

He runs on MQQSE 'stuff' laugh
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 05:08 AM
It's the very 'IN' colors, along with a splash of red.
Go for it ! ( and send pictures LOL )
wink
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 05:40 AM
Chloe with racing flames, a Moose that runs on batteries, a crazy Gal in NY, growly iguanas in the corner.......it must be Friday Night! :p

NYGal, did you have your other operation? Is this cast the final one? How long is it on? Then you have P/T to look forward to.
Posted By: Mosquitorose Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 05:46 AM
Oh it is Friday..geez! and I'm all out of batteries lol
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 05:46 AM
This cast is the one they slapped on me the day of surgery, 3 weeks ago, today !! I don't know if I am going to have further surgery, but do have physical therapy to go through yet.
( this cast is for 6 weeks, so I was told )

You think I am nutz/crazy now, wait for more time to pass, yikes ! ! ! ! eek

More on Monday, doctor day.
I think I will take my iguana along, he may understand my insanity then ?!?! wink
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 05:47 AM
Crutching to store, seeking batteries for Mosquitorose ! ! laugh
Posted By: Axeman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 05:51 AM
Poor Poor Ny....Come on girl...
As Vince Lombardi said "Play Hurt".
You'll be outta that nasty mother soon...

nother vote for the batteries...too funny...

Really...hope you feel better soon... cool
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 05:53 AM
Think anyone will notice one side of my hair is darker than the other side, more flames?
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 05:56 AM
Thanks Axe.

Chloe, was it that additional red I put in there?
Sorry..........NOT .....LOL :p
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 06:01 AM
OK, fun's dun !

Had this leg around my neck for too long, need to hike it up on the pillows.

It's been a fun Friday, thanks all.......
We will meet again like this, I can tell.

Smiles and Sunshine to all !
The Crazy Nutz gonna go and take good pills ! wink
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 06:01 AM
Is it Friday?
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 06:03 AM
It won't be in, less than an hour on this coast ! wink
U got CRS again? confused
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 06:09 AM
Nygal, may I sign your cast?

Ok....here goes........&*^%^&**&^%.
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 02:47 PM
Hey NYGal,
Well, I know what you are feeling and I feel for you. Therapy is a trip, I am not a very coordinated person, so these things that they make you do, I probably could not do if my ankle did not hurt. I went back to work yesterday after a month, rode my forklift and the clock never moved, but my ankle swelled and it was throbbing. You have to figure, one month or laying on the couch and have your foot up and no shoes, gee, I would fit right in on the island that is, going to walking on a hard concrete floor, moving my foot up and down and sideways to drive and wearing shoes for 8 hours, 10:30 last night when I got home was not a pretty site. So there I sat back to the ice and the pillows, only to do it again today, cannot wait til Monday, for I am off,gee that would mean therapy again.

Good Luck girlfriend, I feel for you!!!! At least I did not have to lug a cast around with me, I just now have a cool brace. Your top six were my complaints, to a tee, could not go outside to sit on the porch, the TV,even the soaps were getting a little to much,no body to talk to except the message board-which with all the arguing and fussing who whated to be involved,muscle tone, not only in your calf, but you could see your whole body going to flab. Also I got razor burn the first time I shaved, I guess it was something new after a month.

Jackie
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 04:58 PM
Chloe, all those bad words will make my doctor blush ! wink

Oh, darn it Jackie, that stinks ! My foot hurts thinking of what you went through. My mind works overtime trying to think of 'how' I will even wear a shoe, let alone thinking of wearing it all day at work ! ! ! This is a challange, for sure.

Yes, the board was getting stale, that's why I started complining, for my own sanity. I knew I could get theraputic help here ....Thanks everyone. laugh

You have mentioned everything I am going through and its horrible. I would not wish this on any one !
Wait, let me rethink that..........nope, no one !!!! wink

( Thanks Marty for allowing me to vent ! )
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/15/03 08:34 PM
Jackie, that sounds so very painful - hope you get to feeling better soon! Living with that brace cannot be easy either. Walking on sand sounds better than cement floors - stick with it, soon you will be back to AC, and your foot will thank you! At least the weather has improved.

thanks NYGal for starting this thread, the topics have been rather heavy in here, and I love just being able to be goofy - I am kind of a natural at that laugh Hope you are doing ok today!
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 07:40 AM
Rumor has it Nygal is out dancing on this Saturday evening.
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 07:46 AM
ballet?
Posted By: skullyboy Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 07:51 AM
I thought it sounded more like break dancing. Hope your doing well girl.
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 07:56 AM
good one laugh
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 02:27 PM
Thanks db,

The brace is not to bad, actually it is helping alot. It is driving the forklift for 7 hours that kills. Hanging on to walking barefoot in the soft sand,soon!!!! 50 days and I will be there.

Back to the weather, off work for one month and the temp did not get above 20 degrees, second day back and it hit 60, back to if it wasnt for bad luck.

Yes, thanks for lightening up the topics, we need to get back to what we like, AC and humor.

Jackie
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 04:00 PM
Well, while was out 'break dancing' ( yes that was good ) you were all having a good time too, I see. wink GOOD

Thanks Skullyboy ! smile

Wow, Jackie, those temps sure sounded like our weather. We haven't gotten yet to 60, but it's supposed to be up in that range today !!

Ya lost me on the Bad Luck, Jackie. Maybe I'm not awake....more coffee please.

Hope your foot/ankle is better. It may be possible it would do better in a shoe, on the sand. eek

The sun is shining, yippee. cool

Maybe today I will try tap dancing ! Just tap the cast on the hardwood floor. smile
Klunk mad
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 04:08 PM
NyGal,
Bad Luck, the story of my life. I sat home for a month and could not even go outside cuz of the weather and now since I am back to work, the temps are in the 60's. Got it now?

A shoe in the sand, hmm...., that is really something to think about... okay, I am done, NOT!!!!

Jackie
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 04:24 PM
Gotcha.....must have had a blonde/blond moment. laugh

I know it's hard to imagine a shoe in the sand, but maybe it will help strengthen that walking ability. Ballet shoe? Cut on the foot shoe? Step on a urchin shoe?
Aw, forget it, she won't LOL....
Hope your having a sunny day too. cool
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 04:42 PM
LOL....poor Nygal!

If you cut a wire coathanger (leave hook on) and stretch it out....it will slip nicely inside that cast and you can scratch any itch you have....LOL

*giggling*
wink
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 04:48 PM
This cast has a bent knee, about 45 degree.
Can't straighted out the leg at all, it's all in the hip movement. ( hush up NY )

It doesn't itch, it just plain.....well long legged story. wink
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 04:52 PM
hairy???

bet ya could clog good!
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 04:55 PM
Maybe I could pour wax down there too.......dang that hurts thinking of it !!!

Can't get my cloggin shoe on, tried ! I would need a size 24 US, do they make those?
Big klunk. laugh
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 05:03 PM
ok, how 'bout the stomp?? :p

I bet you could be dangerous wielding that cast around!

it's prolly a good thing that the weather is cool, or it would itch!
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 05:19 PM
I do the stroll well......in a wheelchair. frown

Told a neighbor today we could go for a walk, I would hop. wink
Hey, maybe the bunny hop? Choices are unlimited !

Hot, sun, sweat........nope, can't go to Belize like this. Guess it's a good thing I'm in NY now. laugh
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 06:18 PM
You do a mean Hokie Pokie in the wheelchair. :rolleyes:
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 08:54 PM
And I turn myself around, that's what it's all about....try a wheelchair with one had full and the other one doing the steering laugh

Typical day in this house, almost like the chicken dance and the huckle buck. Ya gotta laugh otherwise.......disco inferno! smile
Posted By: skullyboy Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 09:12 PM
You know Mr. Buffett asks, What if the Hokie Pokie is what it`s all about?
Posted By: Axeman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 11:20 PM
NY..hope your doing ok...
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/16/03 11:54 PM
around and around and around and around..... smile
So do the Hokie Pokie???? Okie Dokie. smile

Thanks Axeman, I am. Some days better, some not.

This dancing is making me dizzy, my head's a spinning, like a whirlpool it never stops.

( it's 64 degrees, what a wonderful day in NY, for those OUTSIDE !!! ) wink
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/17/03 02:24 AM
It was a BEAUTIFUL day! I hope Spring is here to stay......poor robins need a break. The dummies came in on the gulf stream to some wicked weather.

Say NYGal, can you do the hokie pokie on a pogo stick?? wink Just got a visual of that.......haha!

just realized it would be impossible to do the hokie pokie on a pogo stick. Guess you'll just have to pogo.
Posted By: Axeman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/17/03 01:19 PM
I just gotta ask.....
What ARE you doing with your OTHER hand...and does it require batteries?
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/17/03 02:57 PM
:p
Now I'm holding on a POGO stick handle, hopping with one foot, twisting the night away, reeling in circles, strolling to the the bunny hop, trying to find large enough clogs, hokie poking to the Dr., to watch him blush at the wording on my cast, after break dancing in a tap, trying to do ballet in Jackie's tossed out shoe.

Batteries ? Do I need them ? I sound like the energizer rabbit.
Do I have 2 hands? NYgal looking....te he. wink
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/17/03 03:31 PM
Ha Ha, very funny, bunny!!!!!

Off to therapy, gee, cannot wait to see what kind of acrobats I have to do today.

I am ready to toss all my shoes out, so you will have a lot to choose from.

Jackie
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/17/03 03:44 PM
[Linked Image]

Hang in there bunny, and do the best that you can.
Looks like another beautiful day - and the sun shining has got to help, even tho you cannot go out.

Jackie, PT means you are almost over it, good luck today!
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/17/03 03:45 PM
OUCH to therapy !
No ballet. wink

Shoes I used to collect and I had, in the past 2 years, trained myself to toss away the ones that really weren't useful.
I'm so glad I did, none of them would ever go on this foot again!!!!

Hope your day is a good one, after therapy. smile
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/17/03 03:58 PM
dbdoberman, THANKS........that's so cool. smile

I do get out today, the DOCTOR....hope he is kind. I get the PT Cruiser ride today, my neighbor is taking me. Fun ride if nothing else.

Driving Miss Daisy.
Wonder where we will eat today? hm..... laugh
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/17/03 04:20 PM
If you are having the weather we are here, getting out will be a real treat, well - except for that Dr. business. Some time cruising around and you get to eat tooooooo!!!!! Enjoy yourself today. smile
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/17/03 07:55 PM
Yes the weather today is excellent!!!! Therapy was okay, til I had to soak my foot in a whirlpool with the water at 45 degrees, other than that, I am coming along, slowly. Not as fast as they thought.
Well thanks everyone and I hope that your cruise was great and the doctor had some good news,let us know.
Jackie
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/17/03 10:09 PM
We had a good time, wonderful weather and the doc cut my cast,down each side and tightened it closer together around my poor, ole, missing muscle leg. Just like wearing a new tight shoe.

Crap. mad
I need a sedative.......not really, just a kick back into reality would be best.

Till next time, no dancing. BUT, this body needs exercise, so I will work real hard on that ! laugh
Glad your day went well Jackie, chill and all. At least you are in PT. ( hey I was too wink cruiser )

Time to look at the news, I need to see what's happening in the world. eek
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/17/03 11:53 PM
Well if that is a good thing what they did I am glad. I am also happy you got a little PT in yourself.

Dont look at the news, looks like war to me. Oh my poor baby will be leaving soon, I know it.Back to the bad luck thing. What else?

God Bless them all!!!
Jackie
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 12:54 AM
Sis, did the Dr. cut my message off your cast?
^&***^&***^&**&^
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 02:36 AM
Hugs to Jackie.... frown

Dr. was shocked to say the least !! Too funny.

I had a good talk with him today though. Told him I want to go back to work. He shakes his head well wink
I guess I need to wait a while longer or get someone to do my Leg Work, literally !
laugh
Posted By: Danl & the Boop Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 05:27 AM
Hi NYgal;
Did you hear about the guy that called his PT cruiser, Tom? confused
Dan'l & the Boop
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 06:01 AM
Good One, I would like a Tom Cruiser LOL... wink
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 02:29 PM
Thanks, NY Gal, 48 more days!!! Lounge chair, sun and peace, here I come!!!! If only peace was that easy. Oh well, this to shall pass, I am really learning to be a survivor, for real. I do not need the jungles, getting out of this maze of life is enough.

Take care and think of Tom,maybe he will be your PT for real!!!! wink

Jackie
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 03:06 PM
Today will be a better day for everyone. Just waking up is something positive. smile
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 03:25 PM
Nothing beats breathing in and out!

Glad you had an enjoyable time on your outing, NYGal, and the dr. visit sounded near painless.
With your cast cut down, you prolly are better at break dancin'. You could do splits and stuff! laugh

Jackie, you'll be good as new once you get to AC. Don't worry about that little encounter we are going to have - he'll be there and back in no time. smile
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 03:36 PM
I've thought of twirling a baton. Think I could be a majorette? Step, klunk, spin, twirl, repeat and to the sounds of big musical instruments. OK, I just got tired. wink

Sun, sand, tropical sounds and birds flying over. Think about it...........ahhhhhhhhh.

Todays weather in Belize, coastal is 97 !!! I sure hope there are some breezes to go along with the wonderful warmth. eek
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 03:40 PM
Better days!!! This is true, AC on the brain and dont think of much else. Sounds like a plan. Thanks and sorry for whining!!! But it helps, sometimes. I hope all turns out for the good and I will keep you posted. At least the sun is shining now, that helps.

Jackie
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 03:45 PM
*SPLAT!* ........damn birds.....

Yes, I can see you with that baton - kinda an "animal house" thing wink

97 degrees!! WOW! Guess we would have to be in the water all the time. OK! laugh
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 04:00 PM
Were you whining? Naaa.....just venting frustration. We are all here for one another, and getting splatted.
Darn that dbdoberman, I got caught at my own jest. Do not look up, look ahead. wink

"food fight" laugh
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/18/03 04:19 PM
Always forward and never back, and now for sure never up!!!
Thanks,
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/19/03 02:09 PM
food fight??? COOL!!! just don't accept any "finger food" from toad.......especially lady fingers wink
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 12:54 AM
Went to the doctor today, he told me now that I have to go to pain management, no clue, what that is, but from what he is saying, my foot will never be the same and this will help me deal for life.
Skipped out on PT today, to nice of a day!!! 67 and sunny.
Jackie
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 01:52 AM
Oh my, Pain Management is just a nice way of telling you, your gonna have pain for the rest of your life, learn to deal with it. Then they will give you ways to do it, other than medication that relieves the pain. That sucks. mad

I always figured, when the doctors ( where I used to work ) told a patient they needed pain management, they didn't believe their pain was as bad as they ( the doc ) believed them to have.
It always made me mad when they didn't believe the patient. So they sent them elsewhere to deal with it. I sure hope I am wrong, Jackie.

It's like brushing you off and not believing you need a pain pill or something. Grrrrrrrr...... mad

I was inside all day, but our weather was on the cooler side, lucky you.
I go on Thursday to the doc, hoping he takes this stupid white, ugly, heavy, mean, stinking cast off !!! Then that awful therapy on a lazy leg... I'll miss it then probably, the security. Oh the fun of suffering. eek
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 02:13 AM
Oh, that is nice. So, he probably does not believe me, especially since I told him how stupid therapy was. So, they will give me ways to deal, that will be good, how many will I follow.

Well since my foot is still bruised after 6 weeks, I would hope he belives it still hurts.

So ready to leave for AC!! With my brace and all. I guess everyone will recognize me,the 3B's,blonde,bikini and brace, only 4 B's for my close friends.

Jackie
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 02:36 AM
I hope I am wrong about that pain management.

I have always wondered if the doctor had the discomfort what he/she would do. confused

5 b's..that stupid luck thing too, but let's not count that on an AC adventure. wink

Better days are ahead, don't look for them and they just show up.....really. laugh

Remember, don't look up. smile
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 02:49 AM
Bad luck that would be the 5th B!!! No, no looking up only forward, I will remember that. I will call the PM tomorrow for an appointment. So, I will see how that will go and for sure will let you know.

Better days, hmmm.... been waiting for at least 7 years. I quit looking a long time ago. I just wait for the worst and hey, it usually happens, but I have a good attitude about it.

Jackie
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 03:08 AM
*kicks Jackie* stay positive woman! note I didn't step on your foot wink pain management is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it won't....you know the rest. I don't know how effective PM would be with a deep bruise, but I did use it with some success before. You have AC to look forward to, and maybe the saltwater, sunshine, and relaxation will make all the difference. Sometimes good things happen to those who wait, but alot of time, good things happen to those who make them happen! smile

NYGal, you picking out dancin' shoes yet? :p
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 03:26 AM
Jackie sit on a pier/dock, with your feet in that beautiful blue salt water, wiggle your toes, and that is PT, of the best kind. For PM, look into that beautiful sunrise or sunset, with a Beliken, and that is PM, Belize style.
Sorry not sure how you will manage PT and PM when you get back home, but I know you will, you are strong.
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 03:38 AM
yup, she is strong! she has to be handling work and feeling thataway. You can do it Jackie! smile
good things can and do happen for you, YOU ARE GONNA BE IN BELIZE SOON! and just do everything that Chloe said......wait and see if that doesn't change everything! Going through what you did, plus the frightful winter, then going back to work when you might not have been ready can make everything seem YUCK! Stay Strong! ya hear? don't make me come up there and kick ya! smile
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 04:17 AM
Hey NYGAL, are you still trying to get that duct tape off your mouth?
I finally broke free of the duct tape on my hands.
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 04:53 AM
she must be out break dancin' again, Chloe.....
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 02:57 PM
Thanks everyone, for keeping my spirits up and for reminding me that I am a survivor. I tend to forget sometimes.

Chloe, I am hoping that after I get home, I will not need PT or PM, I will be in that Belize state of mind. Yes, sitting on the dock with my feet in the water, what more could one want.

No dbd..., I would not want you to kick me, been there already.

Thanks again!!!
smile
Jackie
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 05:54 PM
The tape has been removed ! ! wink
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 07:14 PM
Glad to hear the tape is removed,would that be mouth or leg,not that is matters but,if you have extras, I know what we could do with it! wink

Jackie
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/25/03 07:15 PM
laugh
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/29/03 01:59 AM
as day turns into night, and I leave this board of enchantment, I bid all my fave folks on here a fond adieu! smile that means I have to go find some grub, I'm hungry, then to bed because I have an early morning flight!

NYGal, keep on dancing, you are truly as graceful as a gazelle! wink

Jackie, just hang in there girl, soon it will be your turn to enjoy the sea & sun......belize it!

toad, love your humor, have it when I get back!

Chloe, keep on being wise. I hope you don't have to grit your teeth too many times! laugh now that, I am NOT gonna miss!

and all the rest of ya, I just love this place!
thanks for making this board what it is. smile

I've peeked my last time at "THE FLAG" and "OVERWEIGHT DIVERS", would be a shame for those topics to be dropped by the time I get back, wouldn't it? haha.

Take care all, I am outta here......
YA BETTER BELIZE IT! laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/29/03 02:01 AM
Adios
Have fun. laugh
Posted By: Axeman Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/29/03 04:11 AM
Salutes!!
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 03/29/03 04:32 AM
Dob, you are so full of fun and good humor, you are going to have the time of your life on Ambergris. Can't wait to read your trip accounting. Say Hi to all our local and board friends for us. Especially Bill, Paisano, Pedro and Scubalady.
Posted By: denverdan Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/05/03 05:37 AM
NYgal, sure hope all is gettin better for ya!
Chloe you sure be right about db... I was a lookin... but did not find. (kinda like NY and her adventure)
I did ask two different people, but they thought I was nutso I believe. But hey, I tried. Woulda, coulda, been cool!
Maybe next trip...
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/05/03 05:50 AM
Hopie, could our DB be invisible? That would be a real letdown.
Posted By: denverdan Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/05/03 06:15 AM
I honestly don't think so Chloe...
I believe db is for real and it would have been a pleasure to meet em. I think I wasn't in the right time or place when they arrived or were around. I kinda lost the last 5 days there, and that would have been the time to meet up.
I was just anxious ta meet I think, WAY prior to the arrival.
Poor, poor Hopie... (again) wink
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/05/03 08:28 PM
HEY...HELLO NYgal..where are you?

With the new short cast, are you being a snob?
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/09/03 05:41 AM
awwwww, Hopie, Hopie, I did look for you! I was at BC's on Sunday, Pier Lounge on Wedneday, Fidos on Wed. and Friday. Where the heck were you? frown
There will be a next time, fer sure!

Chloe! I had the bestest time, I aim to sit down and do a trip report. Sometime........

Where is NYGal???? Haven't seen a post from her since I be back. Hope all is well. Maybe she is out taking dancing lessons......punta maybe?? wink
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/09/03 08:09 PM
Maybe she has been shaving her leg for 4 days, that hair really grows, under them casts. laugh
Posted By: klcman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 02:01 AM
I think I hear a chainsaw
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 02:16 AM
laugh
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 02:41 AM
Seriously, does anybody know how she is doing?

CHLOE WHERE ARE YOU??? Do you know?
Posted By: klcman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 02:47 AM
hoenstly, & seriously..I dunno - no see for a bit
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 03:17 AM
Not a word from Nygal for days, really.

I have no idea what is going with Nygal, but starting to get concerned.

Guess I could ring her up tomorrow.
Posted By: klcman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 03:18 AM
hope this doesnt turn into another "Bill Thornton" chase confused
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 03:19 AM
Yes, please do. Thanks Chloe.
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 03:19 AM
Thanks Chloe, tell her I miss seeing her hair on here!
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 03:22 AM
her hair style, I meant! not the leg hair, tell her to keep that, braid it, and make a bracelet or sumtin.
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 03:23 AM
Nygal if you are reading us, you best check in.

I could publish your phone number you know.

Just kidding, I think!
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 03:28 AM
that might do it, Chloe! let me find a pen :p
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 05:04 PM
Just called Nygal, she is alive and well.

Due to the ice storm last week, all utilities and services were damaged, and it is taking time for the Cable Co. to repair her snapped line.

She said HI, and "use those ziploc bags to pickup the trash while on Ambergris"
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 05:07 PM
YA!YA!YA! thanks, Chloe! Glad to hear all is well with her. smile

She must be bored outta her gourd to not be able to get online.....poor thing.
Posted By: Chloe Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 05:13 PM
DB not only not able to get on line, no electricity or heat for several days. Finally got a generator.
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 05:19 PM
brrrrrrrrr, she should have knitted a sweater from the leg hair to help keep warm :p
glad she found a generator, that's a real pain - happened to me here a few year's ago. Hope we see her soon!
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/10/03 06:07 PM
Oh My, when it rains it pours, poor thing. I am going through phase, lets see.... maybe 20 for the year of bad luck.

Jackie

Smiles for you NYGAL!!!!!!

smile smile smile smile smile smile

I miss her, at least she will lighten up the board when she gets back.New discussion, hopefully real soon.
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/11/03 02:49 AM
Hi, Here I am. smile

We have had NO POWER since last week Thursday.

One terrible ice storm that devistated many counties in NY. Our county is still in an emergency situation. No work for many many people, no school, no unnecessary driving. Hundreds of thousands without power.

Many of our trees are destroyed, our yard is totally wiped out. Ice damage for miles and miles and miles ! !

Just got our power on Tuesday, so we have heat again and lights ! !

Had to wait for cable to be connected to say HELLO...it's been a living hell.

More at another time.
P.S. Physical therapy is hell too !!! eek
Posted By: Axeman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/11/03 03:25 AM
NY..I'm so sorry to hear your plight. Been there and done it....not fun.
Hope your pipes did'nt freeze...
I feel your pain...
Posted By: klcman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/11/03 03:48 AM
Yup been there done that too aobut 5 yrs ago or so up here in the frozen tundra...I feel for ya NYG - but welcome back! we missed ya!
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/11/03 06:45 AM
HEY GIRLY!!! Glad you are back, I missed seeing you here on my return. Was sure glad to hear you are ok, except for those little inconveniences you had to put up with. :p Sorry to hear about your PT, but IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, NOW BEND THAT FOOT!

Hey, it seems that maybe, just maybe, you might be the sole owner of that fabulous hair again!

WELCOME BACK! laugh
Posted By: o jackie Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/11/03 12:11 PM
Welcome Back!!!!!!!! smile

Oh, by the way I quit therapy and never made it to pain management. Therapy does suck, but since your injury was far worse than mine, you better stick with it, for a while, that is.

Take care,
Jackie
Posted By: NYgal Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/11/03 02:01 PM
Thanks everyone. I had a reply written, a real good one and guess what......too many images and it disappeared.
So later today I'll try again.

Everyone was in it too. FYI, only 8 images allowed. I must have had 9. Darn

Just like all this trash talk, too much.
I had the computer pick up mine, it must know I am somewhat disabled. laugh ( no added comments, ha ha )
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/11/03 02:13 PM
not even one teensy one??? laugh
Posted By: klcman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/11/03 03:28 PM
db - nice pun

"sole owner" wink
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/11/03 04:02 PM
laugh good one, think of some more! haha!
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/11/03 04:07 PM
she's mobility challenged, cyber dependent, and that is assuming she was talking about her foot :p
Posted By: skullyboy Re: This stupid cast ... - 04/11/03 04:07 PM
Hey Girl, Glad your back. Hang in there. It allways gets better.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board