AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: sweetjane Well Wishes - 04/23/03 04:34 PM
best wishes for speedy recoveries to two of my dear board friends:

debbie just had shoulder surgery.

gay (& david) broke her arm in a big way.

thinking of you girls. no punta dancing for a few weeks wink .

love ya both.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Well Wishes - 04/23/03 04:50 PM
Debbie, Get better fast! (But milk it for all it's worth in the meantime wink . Love ya!
Gay, OMG, hope it all goes well for you. Did you tell what happened and I missed it??? Good luck!

Cheerz,
Vicki
Posted By: Chloe Re: Well Wishes - 04/23/03 08:26 PM
Debbie, hope you are doing well, and not in too much pain, mend mend mend.

Gay, OMG ouch, hope you are not in too much pain.
Posted By: NYgal Re: Well Wishes - 04/23/03 08:46 PM
OUCH....be well soon. I feel for you.
Posted By: Debbie Re: Well Wishes - 04/24/03 05:25 PM
Hanging in there. Itchy stitches, sore and uncomfortable, but I'm still kicking.... LOL thanks for the well wishes. hard to type with one hand. Hand works, but raising up to the keyboard is a bitch. Will see the doc for post op check tomorrow. Will probably start therappy then. Oh God I dread that.... Love to you all.
Debbie
Posted By: denverdan Re: Well Wishes - 04/25/03 12:47 AM
Debbie and Gay, I wish you nothin but the best!!!
Sincerely!

But hey... just cause I had a smile on my face for one of my booboos is no reason to slight me. I bet I was in the hospital longer than either of you too.

HUMPH!
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: Well Wishes - 04/25/03 04:18 PM
Thx, It has been a long week, The arm bone is no longer connected to the shoulder bone. eek doc said they do not set this type break in surgery anymore, it was not working well, bone splintering or something, I was just as relieved to hear that anyway. I am just immobilized. frown Doc also said I can still play hide & seek but I cannot be "it" anymore. Damn rough lil kids. I need adult protective services! David can sometimes be impatient with me so I have told him that doc's orders say that if I want to heal correctly, I CANNOT :rolleyes: under any circumstances 1. carry a laundry basket 2. lift heavy trash bags. 3. push vacuum cleaner. 4. push grocery carts or carry bags from car to house. This list can get longer if I am not pampered.
Bye all, this took me all morning so I will have to be a lurker for awhile.
gay
smile
Posted By: NYgal Re: Well Wishes - 04/25/03 09:25 PM
Hope, I guess we didn't know you were hospitalized. Sorry to hear that. SO, passing on well wishes to you too.

Gee, we are all a bunch of sicko's this year. ( not an intentional pun )

Take care everyone. cool
Posted By: Loie Re: Well Wishes - 04/25/03 10:48 PM
You ladies take it easy! Good news that you're both on the mend.

smile , Loie
Posted By: toad Re: Well Wishes - 04/25/03 10:59 PM
why do you have a picture of katie couric on here?.....
Posted By: klcman Re: Well Wishes - 04/26/03 12:14 AM
I thought it was Hillary
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: Well Wishes - 04/26/03 05:08 AM
Debbie, I was wonder how you were doing. Get better soonest.

Dang, Gay, sorry to hear of your injury, fast recovery to you!

This board needs an insurance policy, or our own hospital!
Posted By: Debbie Re: Well Wishes - 04/29/03 09:59 PM
Doberman and friends.... Wish I could say I was doing better.... The arm surgery went okay, but I had a terrible reaction to the pain meds they were giving me. Shut my system down. I spent three MORE days in the hospital for that. It has just been hell. Wish I could be more positive at the moment, but I feel just awful. NEVER want to live through that again, and what's worse, I can't take any pain meds.... Life sucks at the moment.... Will get back in touch when I'm feeling better. Debbie
Posted By: NYgal Re: Well Wishes - 04/29/03 10:02 PM
OMG.........hang in there Debbie. Nothing worse than pain and having to tolerate it. frown

I'll pretend I am holding your hand. smile
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: Well Wishes - 04/29/03 11:14 PM
Sorry to hear that Debbie, but NYGal is right, we are all here to hold your hand. Still think we need to invest in our own hospital. I know the goofy things we post sure seemed to help NYGal when she was in the midst of her pain. We will try to do the same for you! smile
Posted By: KC Re: Well Wishes - 04/29/03 11:19 PM
Ummm,Debbie... have you tried Choo-Choo's pain "med"?

K
Posted By: NYgal Re: Well Wishes - 04/30/03 04:13 AM
Toilet bowl....comming up. Pass the tidy bowl. wink
Posted By: Debbie Re: Well Wishes - 05/01/03 03:07 PM
What an awesome idea!! See, I knew you guys would come up with something!! laugh
Chooch, care to make a quick trip to Corpus Christi with a gallon of that stuff for me??? Even though it takes your breath away, it can't possibly be worse than the %$@& they gave me in the hospital!!!! mad Thanks for the encouragement!! Debbie
Posted By: Chloe Re: Well Wishes - 05/01/03 03:16 PM
Hey Debbie, I'm guessing you are feeling a tad better today, sure hope you are, mercy mercy.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board