AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Mel S Traveler's health Insurance.... - 05/16/03 03:37 PM
We are now wondering if our health insurance covers medical evacs out of Belize. The odds is that nothing shall happen, but it's nice to be covered. Medical evacs are usually in the tens of thousands of dollars to transfer patients from central america to Houston I believe. Does anyone have a good reputable insurance company, covering for travelers ? I know, I am paranoid right ? But these days many coworkers have lost cars, and Homes from these tornados, insurance policies are the common topics by the coffee machines in our hospital. Muchas Gracias a todos, Mel S.......
Posted By: ga peach Re: Traveler's health Insurance.... - 05/16/03 05:55 PM
Try travelguard.com.....I have used them in the past and will be using them in June for my trip to AC....I have only used them for cancellation insurance but they do have all types of medical coverage as well. :rolleyes:
Posted By: dms Re: Traveler's health Insurance.... - 05/16/03 06:00 PM
I've used Travelex in the past and I belive they have a basic policy for around 40.00 per person that would cover evacuations.
Posted By: Chloe Re: Traveler's health Insurance.... - 05/16/03 06:03 PM
I use Travel Guard full coverage, but have never had a reason to filed a claim.
you might want to check out this link:

http://insuremytrip.com/

You may configure the coverage you require, and get the best quote.
Posted By: ckocian Re: Traveler's health Insurance.... - 05/16/03 07:54 PM
www.medjetassistance.com
Posted By: Mel S Re: Traveler's health Insurance.... - 05/16/03 09:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the info ! It appears our health insurance covers any emergencies in Belize,{though the rep had never heard of Belize nor central america !?}however they do not cover med-vacs. So, we are going to buy some insurance for this June trip. Damn, I turned 45 years old, either I am getting paranoid, or wiser. Thanks for the help dudes........mel
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board