AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Debbie Woooo Hooo! Three weeks are up! - 08/28/03 08:21 PM
My bachelorette days are coming to an end.... My long lost hubby returns from Costa Rica tomorrow!!! Woo Hoo!!! And a long weekend to enjoy it!! Woo Hoo Hoo!!! laugh laugh laugh wink
Can you tell I'm hyped????
He reports that the food there sucks.... He's sick to death of black beans and rice three times a day.....The monkeys in the jungle are a riot ( they follow him home)....Yes, REAL monkeys..... get your mind out of the gutter.... There are tons of scorpions everywhere, it's a botanists dream land, The volcano was cool, but Belize is better......
Debbie
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Woooo Hooo! Three weeks are up! - 08/29/03 02:14 AM
Well shoot! I am going to Costa Rica for 10 days in November. Guess I will have to check it out myself. Not a big scorpion fan, though. Yikes. Where in Costa Rica was he? Enjoy his homecoming!
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: Woooo Hooo! Three weeks are up! - 08/29/03 05:31 PM
HI debbie,
will you be attending the hummingbird festival?
gay
Posted By: Debbie Re: Woooo Hooo! Three weeks are up! - 08/29/03 06:55 PM
Wow!!
I LOVE hummingbirds... I didn't even know about the festival!! When and where? I would LOVE to go. Mark keeps feeders at all his preserves and also plants butterfly gardens. They are so nice to sit and watch. Will you be attending?
Debbie
Posted By: Debbie Re: Woooo Hooo! Three weeks are up! - 08/29/03 07:07 PM
Laurie,
Mark was in the Guanacaste area, near Santa Rosa. I'm not clear on the exact location. I think he just got a bad cook. He was remote and only had that person's cooking to judge.... I hear that the Costa Rican's like spicey food. He said what he had was bland. So I think it was the cook. The country is beautiful. You'll enjoy it. Have a good time. He sure did...
Debbie
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: Woooo Hooo! Three weeks are up! - 08/29/03 07:12 PM
debbie,
the festival is right there in your own backyard in rockport. it starts 9/11. many residents with large numbers of feeders will open there homes to the public. do a search to find the schedules on the computer. i forgot the name of the website. haven't decided if i will attend.
gay
Posted By: Debbie Re: Woooo Hooo! Three weeks are up! - 08/29/03 07:17 PM
Awesome!!! Gay this is good news. Sounds fun. Mark knows some folks with country property in Rockport area that do stuff with TNC. I wonder if they will be participating. I'll have to ask when he gets home tonight. I'll mark my Calendar. Try and come if you like. We could put you and David up if you choose to come. Let us know. smile Debbie
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: Woooo Hooo! Three weeks are up! - 08/29/03 07:54 PM
thx debbie, cool i talked david into going to the whooping crane festival but they are a much more macho bird than the hummer. have you ever heard of capt. ted that does the whooper tours. he was ill for a while. i was wondering if he was well. the good thing is that there is fishing in rockport. laugh i could talk david into going to the moon if i said the fish were biting.
gay
Posted By: Debbie Re: Woooo Hooo! Three weeks are up! - 08/29/03 10:32 PM
Gay,
Before Mark left the reds were biting gang busters!!! Not sure if they still are... but....You're welcome anytime. The same property that I referred to in my last post, is a private property, that you can rent for a weekend. Two bedroom and just gorgeous. It's prime whooper country and is known to be a breeding ground. I can't remember the name of the couple that owns it, but I'll find out. Interested in a whooper weekend??? Mark could arrange it and we could see you again!!! laugh laugh laugh
Debbie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Woooo Hooo! Three weeks are up! - 09/01/03 01:51 PM
Deb, Hope you and Mark had a great weekend "honeymooning"!!
We have Canadian friends who own in Costa Rica and she just told me that they are selling out. Think they are coming to BZ now!!!
You better hurry back to see us, SOOOO many changes, and you can tell Mark that we have the 2 huge water trampolines AND a new boat for snorkle, dive and fishing!!!!
Butch and I leave for the States this morning frown . I can't believe this 5 weeks went by SO FAST!
Will call you one day this week.
Cheerz!
Vicki
Posted By: Debbie Re: Woooo Hooo! Three weeks are up! - 09/02/03 09:44 PM
Vicki,
I look forward to your call. I have so much to tell you!! And yes... I had a WONDERFUL honeymoon weekend.... wink wink wink
So good to have him home again. He had quite and experience down in Costa Rica and has over 3000 pictures on CD's. UGH!! Had to look at all of them on Saturday. Now he has presentations to prepare. Will pass along the information on all the changes at Caribe. Glad you and Butch are getting some time at home. It's been forever since you were both there at the same time... Enjoy. Talk to you soon. Hugs... Debbie
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board