AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Denny Shane San Pedro Social Club - 08/19/04 09:09 PM
Now that the 4th of July holiday is out of the way, I thought of warm island breezes blowing across the balconies on San Pedro... light reggae in the background... a cold Beliken in one hand and another in the fridge keeping cold. Mmmmmm, I can smell the Jerk Chicken in the air.... and now I am trying to work in an opening for bringing up the subject of the SPSC fund-raiser for 2005... and I can't think of anything... so here goes....

How we doing? Seems like we haven't talked much about it lately. Us Anti's would love to donate heavily this year, however our treasury is ... ahem... tapped out so to speak.

Gay? Ernie? Anyone out there? eek
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/20/04 12:28 PM
Hello? tap...tap...tap.... anyone here? anyone? eek
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/20/04 05:01 PM
Welcome home Denny ! FYI, I have passed the day to day workings of the SPSC over to Gay. I know she was on the island recently and may just be too busy getting back to the shock of work ! I'm sure when things settle down we will have an ear full. Also, it is my understanding that RI Beth is jumping in to lend a helping hand, all help will be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Windjammer Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/20/04 05:32 PM
PICK ME, PICK ME!! laugh laugh
Posted By: Everglades Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/20/04 05:37 PM
I nominate Windjammer, do I hear a second?
Posted By: govikes Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/20/04 06:29 PM
Ms Prez Gay - DID I WIN ANYTHING YET???? laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/21/04 12:23 AM
Just received an email from Maddam Prez ! Looks like things are under way for '05 !
Posted By: pnowell Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/21/04 03:45 AM
Did I win????? PICK ME!PICK ME!
You go Prez....the lobster/fish Queen!!!
wink
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 02:04 PM
the wheels are turning.
I PICK ALL OF YOU DAWLINGS!
i'm thinking of a great fundraiser, and it is not gourmet cookie dough. i am thinking of a san pedro boys calendar. any suggestions on who should be what month???
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 03:27 PM
I volunteer to be Santa for December if govikes is my helper! eek
Posted By: captjeff Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 04:08 PM
just tell capt jeff ,how he can help with $$$ or time or both ....this is #1 on my doing the right thing list. if you want to live the dream you got to belly up to bar and help not with talk but action ....
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 04:12 PM
THANK YOU MR. SEPTEMBER
Posted By: RI Beth Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 04:18 PM
Gay:

I think your calendar idea has legs. We should discuss. Calendars are tricky projects to time, but if you are thinking of having for next year's fund-raiser, it should work.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 04:21 PM
Hey beth, we could co-chair the committee that auditions applicants
Posted By: captjeff Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 04:23 PM
just wait a cotton picken minute .sept who ..
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 04:28 PM
you still have time to choose another month, but, i am dedicating july to mr. york for various reasons.
Posted By: RI Beth Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 05:01 PM
Jeff: You are our first volunteer. Don't even think about backing out now.
Posted By: captjeff Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 05:13 PM
ok guys who's your daddy ...me .....
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 05:26 PM
Fathers day would be in the month of JUNE
Posted By: Windjammer Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 06:49 PM
What month shall we make Immissing, Skullyboy, Kevin, Jimmy, Dan? Who am I missing here?
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 07:02 PM
I wouldn't mind if the guys would offer up some of their sons; did you see sam?

also dick has a few cute boys!
Posted By: Windjammer Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/23/04 07:08 PM
Great idea madame prez!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/24/04 05:41 PM
I am in the process of developing a "business plan" for the SPSC. This will be an operating manual/guide line for our fund raising for the years to come. It will include a plan to take us on to the National level as we have some mighty high expectations. I would like any input/suggestions/ideas from all of you fine folks either currently a member or just an observer. Anti's, I welcome your comments as well.

RI Beth has submitted an outline for a web page, all we need is someone to make it happen. We also need tax accountants and attorneys to donate their time and expertise along with people in different parts of the country to help promote and recruite members and donations. Remember, it's all for the people of Belize and San Pedro.

Please let us hear fron YOU !

Ernie
Posted By: Tom Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/24/04 05:45 PM
Gay/Madame Prez,

Denny beat me to the posting but I was also thinking it abou time for info on 2005 SPSC happenings. I really like the calendar idea, can we have people from the island on there like some of the great hunks that are bartenders ? I pick Rick from the Crazy Canuck's Bar he would be a great one. I sure would like to help you with any of the planning for the 2005 event, will be glad to contribute anyway that I can for the good of the order/SPSC.

By the way while I was down (just returned on the 17th) they maid on our property asked me about the kitchen at the SPRC School and what was happening with it. I saw the the 2 new classrooms they are building but did not see anything like a new kitchen going up. Maybe I missed it somehow. She also asked if the food was going to be free, she seemed to think it was for some reason. I told her I did not know for sure and would have to check on that. Please fill me in on the latest details of that project so I can stay informed. I really hated not knowing what to tell her. I know I should know what the answers are but the Bird's brain is small.
Looking forward to answers to update my memory.

I really mean it about being of any help that I can for you Gay. We are fairly close to each other here in Texas.
Kat
Posted By: Windjammer Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/24/04 05:52 PM
I pick Tulu & Albert from Caribe Island smile
Posted By: Tom Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/24/04 06:36 PM
Yes, definately Tulu with those wonderful blue eyes of his.
Kat
Posted By: Tom Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/24/04 06:53 PM
Hey, let's not forget Carlo at BC's with that great smile of his. He is a cutie pie.
Kat
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/24/04 09:18 PM
Attention CPA's, Attorney's. Be the first to offer your services to help us achive our ambitious goals. If you love Belize and the people, you can help. Not only do we want to feed their bellies, we also want to feed their minds ! COME ON IN !
Posted By: klcman Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/24/04 10:39 PM
where's SusanGG when ya need her???
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/25/04 11:25 AM
Bill... since Ernie is putting together a manual do we, the Anti's need a manual? I've played around with some ideas as to content. I figure this will only cost our members $18.95 per person. Please send all checks to me. eek
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/25/04 01:25 PM
KLC, you just gave me a migrain.
Posted By: Tom Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/25/04 04:45 PM
Still looking for info on the last project at the school, please help with current report.
Kat
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/27/04 05:18 PM
I'm gonna keep bringing this back til we get some input. So, if you get tired reading my beggings, just lend a hand ! Should you prefer not to respond on this board ...... email me.

Ernie
Posted By: Tom Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/27/04 06:06 PM
immissing,

What was your original question ? I think it got lost along the way.

I'm still looking for a responce to my last request.

Kat
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/27/04 08:16 PM
Originally posted by immissing:
Attention CPA's, Attorney's. Be the first to offer your services to help us achive our ambitious goals. If you love Belize and the people, you can help. Not only do we want to feed their bellies, we also want to feed their minds ! COME ON IN !
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/29/04 02:00 AM
cool BUMP !
Posted By: Tom Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/29/04 09:52 PM
Denny,

Thanks for the gentle reminder. It was just too obvious I guess. However since it hadn't really been responded to very well it sort of got lost among all of the other stuff.

Immissing,

I am not sure BUMP means but then of course I am Blonde.

Kat
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/30/04 12:15 AM
Trez: We shouldn't follow dos SPSCer's...we should lead. Maybe a SPA-SC decoder ring...three easy payments of $19.95 plus shipping and handling. Bill, Prez. for Life; mad SPA-SC mad
Posted By: seashell Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/30/04 09:03 AM
Kat, "bump" merely means that the thread was "bumped" up, back into the queue, so to speak. Sometimes a poster will just put * into the reply field and that will also work to get the thread back up to the top.
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/30/04 02:18 PM
A decoder ring????? How cool!! I never thought of that! I checked decoder rings from my supplier and they are a bit more than 3 easy payments of $19.95... They are actually at an equally attractive price of 4 easy payments of $21.95, plus S&H. Please allow 12-18 weeks for delivery. However for an additional $19.99 they will be shipped 3 to 4 weeks.

These won't last long folks. Act now and you will receive, totally free... your very own "Where Do I Send the Money?" watch. Every hour it plays a cute little song and announces my private Post Office Box number in Switzerland.
eek
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/30/04 08:29 PM
Denny, Please give me your Swiss acct. #. I am still receiving invoices for a Gulf Stream rental on your recent trip to your homeland. AND, Why 10 flight attendants ?
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/30/04 10:41 PM
Ernie... there are just soooooooo many ways I could answer your message above. However, Marty has been more than understanding up to this point.

However if I answered you, in the way I would love to, I am sure I would be banned for life...if not longer. laugh eek
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/31/04 02:17 AM
AWAA, Go ahead Denny, live on the wild side ! laugh
Posted By: Tom Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/31/04 03:20 AM
seashell,
Thanks for the info. Some of us are alittle slow and new to all of this.
Thanks Again,
Kat
Posted By: seashell Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/31/04 05:30 AM
Kat, you are welcome.

I remember when I first started posting on another board. There were a whole bunch of things I couldn't figure out. For example, I didn't know what "LOL" "ROFL" "ROFLMAO" "FWIW" "AFAIK"
and a bunch of other things like that meant. I was quite confused for a while, but once I figured out the codes, I started to use them myself. smile

(laughing out loud, rolling on the floor laughing, rolling on the floor laughing my *ss off, for what it's worth, as far as I know, oh yeah, and then there's "IIRC" as in, if I recall correctly)
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/31/04 05:13 PM
and don't forget IIRI "if I recall incorrectly" eek
Posted By: Tom Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/31/04 08:54 PM
seashell & Denny,
Thanks, you are sooo full of knowledge & LOH.
Kat
Posted By: seashell Re: San Pedro Social Club - 08/31/04 09:02 PM
LOH? Now that's a new one on me, Kat.

Do you mean, "lots of hotair"? smile
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: San Pedro Social Club - 09/01/04 12:34 AM
I think LOH means "live over here" to wit:
Two guys sitting at the bar. One says "so where do you live"? and he replies, "i live over there. how about you?" The second says: "LOH"

Ok, ok... so my career in stand up comics didn't pan out too well. eek
Posted By: USNA73 Re: San Pedro Social Club - 09/01/04 01:41 PM
You need another vacation!
cool
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: San Pedro Social Club - 09/02/04 12:27 PM
You're right USNA... I need another vacation. I am hiring myself out to anyone who needs a "vacation buddy" eek
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 09/02/04 01:16 PM
I heard Kerry is interviewing.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: San Pedro Social Club - 09/10/04 04:52 PM
anybody out there being SOCIAL?

where are all of those professionals that would like to help out?
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 09/13/04 08:35 PM
wink
Posted By: skullyboy Re: San Pedro Social Club - 09/13/04 08:50 PM
I don't know about being that professional. But I can swing a hammer.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: San Pedro Social Club - 09/14/04 01:07 AM
Now , we are getting somewhere, we have a hammer swinger !!! How about those attorneys and CPA's ? There is a need, a small one at that, but a need. Please lend your expertise to our cause. You can respond here or email me.

Ernie
Posted By: osheydinger Re: San Pedro Social Club - 09/15/04 05:30 AM
Our group of five (including three public-interest-type attorneys) is coming down for our first trip 11/5 - 1/12. I've seen your plea for attorneys - but can't figure out - what is it that you need? Chris
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: San Pedro Social Club - 09/15/04 01:14 PM
There ya go Ernie... a live one who might help our group! Let 'er rip. eek

And people say attorneys don't care.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: San Pedro Social Club - 09/17/04 02:11 PM
good morning bump
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board