AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: KBG GOUT RELIEF - 09/30/04 02:54 AM
probaby older than most of you but don't feel it, lay off the lobster and oysters and shrimp, beer is good hard licquor is bad, especially dark stuff. per doctors orders, helped. KGB
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: GOUT RELIEF - 10/01/04 02:00 PM
LAY OFF THE LOBSTER, NEVER!
Posted By: MALIBU Re: GOUT RELIEF - 10/01/04 03:15 PM
I am afraid the one with Gout, now affectionately called "Mr Gouto" by his friends, will not stop eating or drinking any of this stuff. He is the type who, after leaving the Doc's office says "He doesn't know what he is talking about". Whoa is me....
Posted By: fuzzy_navel Re: GOUT RELIEF - 10/01/04 05:46 PM
Are you sure he's not my Dad? laugh My Dad has gout and when asked to stop eating and drinking certain things he says......"The doctor doesn't know what he's talking about (or I didn't trust that doctor). I'm going for a fifth opinion" or sixth, or seventh. I forget what number he's up to now.
Posted By: Beachy Re: GOUT RELIEF - 10/01/04 05:52 PM
Allopurinal is available at the pharmacy here, works well. Take in when you feel the gout coming on, or when you eat/drink 3 pounds of lobster and a case of Belikin...
Posted By: MALIBU Re: GOUT RELIEF - 10/01/04 08:23 PM
fuzzy - one time.... HE had an appointment with our GP. The appt time came and went. 10 minutes after the appt time hubby got up and declared "We're leaving!". And we did.

I'll tell ya, mamma didn't tell me of these things and I have figured out why: I would have never left home......
Posted By: MALIBU Re: GOUT RELIEF - 10/01/04 08:25 PM
beachy - thought I forgot about you didn't you? Well I admit that I did but mementarily but please forgive me and here we go: thank you so much for the info. I will visit the pharma and load up.....

BTW we will see you in February! Can't wait to dine at the famous CP!!!
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: GOUT RELIEF - 10/01/04 08:28 PM
Malibu... I hate to tell you this but your husband failed to do one thing... I would have billed the Dr. for my 10 minutes. Don't laugh... it's been done. eek
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board