AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Beachy Island music? - 10/02/04 08:54 PM
So what songs get you back to San Pedro? What songs remind you of the island life? What's your idea of island music? Just for fun, so: NO dissing anyone's replies, we all have our idiosyncrasies!
Chris
Casa Picasso
Posted By: Bobber Re: Island music? - 10/02/04 09:47 PM
My car has a 4 cd changer. Jimmy Buffets greatest hits, JJW "cowboy boots and bathing suits", Wil and Dale's "San Pedro Souvenier", and one of Dennis Wolfes CDs. Do CDs wear out?
Posted By: bywarren Re: Island music? - 10/02/04 11:14 PM
"Back to the Island" by Leon Russell
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Island music? - 10/03/04 07:01 PM
Barefoot Skinny CD's
Posted By: Johnboy Re: Island music? - 10/04/04 12:50 AM
Gotta be "Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits"----But we sure do enjoy Barefoot Skinny & Dennis Wolfe........ laugh wink
Posted By: MALIBU Re: Island music? - 10/04/04 02:28 PM
Hey there Johnboy...

What's up?
Posted By: Tom Re: Island music? - 10/04/04 04:16 PM
Of course any of Barefoot Skinny's stuff or from Jimmy Buffet.
The new cd from Kenny Chesney "No Shirt, No Shoes , No Problems is great!!!
I also love Will & Dale's stuff. Will has some really funny ones as well as romantic stuff.
God I miss AC.
Kat/Tuki Tuki
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: Island music? - 10/04/04 04:56 PM
For me, Mana, their earlier albums.

Takes me back to a previous time in San Pedro when I lived above the old Fido's and Little Italy was "the" spot for fine dining, BC's was at Coconuts, Holiday Hotel was the hangout, Tarzan's was the club of choice and Sandal's had the best ceviche on the island.

SIN
Posted By: M-A Gaffney Re: Island music? - 10/04/04 07:28 PM
When World Culture Band came from Cayo to play for Paola's birthday parties . . .

we deh bleach all weekend . . .
Posted By: MALIBU Re: Island music? - 10/04/04 07:59 PM
SIN - I have been to Little Italy!!! I can still remember that Sangria from YEARS and years ago!!! What great memories! Great to see that name...... Thank You!
Posted By: hawkgirl Re: Island music? - 10/07/04 05:00 PM
Ahhh - Little Italy! And Mata Rocks was like your own old beach cabin with Pablo enjoying the mosquitos and Coconuts' Tim and David always greeted you with a laugh and a hug and my sister borrowed Pete's (Squirrels Nest bar) pants to wear to Laminai and Charlene had her BBQ at the Squirrels Nest and there was no traffic. But still so great I can hardly wait for May and AC and rum punch.
Posted By: streetchie Re: Island music? - 10/07/04 08:02 PM
I've gotta go with Jimmy Cliff. His happy-go-lucky brand of reggae makes me smile,....and I nearly burned a hole in my cd's by the end of our last trip.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Island music? - 10/07/04 09:52 PM
O.K., y'all, dig way back to some old Bertie Higgins. Specifically "Back to the Island" and "Just Another Day in Paradise". Took those CD's with us on our first trip to SP 11 years ago (they were 10 years old even then) and still bring them back every time along with all the afore mentioned. Yup, Charlene and Bruce at Coconuts was pretty special. BC's still is. Little Italy, oh dear, some great memories there.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: Island music? - 10/08/04 04:09 PM
Yes little italy was great.
after eating as much seafood as we could possibly consume in eleven days, we wanted something different. we chose little italy. there was another couple at the next table whispering under their breath "we are so sick of seafood"
never ever thought we would choose pasta over lobster!!!
david & i will always remember that couple.
Posted By: CrackerLarry Re: Island music? - 10/08/04 09:33 PM
Reminds me of a month long sailing cruise we took in the Bahamas. After a week we had run out of beef in the freezer, so all we ate was fish, conch and lobster.

Our last weekend there we were anchored up alone in Double Breasted Cay thinking about how we were going to fix lobster again, one more time, when another cruising sailboat comes into the anchorage. Of course we socialized.

They were fresh from West Palm with a cooler of steaks. The first thing they asked was if there were any lobster around. Oh yeah! We swapped a dozen crawfish for 6 thick ribeyes. Then we tied the boats together and lit the grill....ahhh....then stayed a few more days :-)
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Island music? - 10/17/04 02:41 PM
Chris - music - Madonna's "La Isla Bonita".

And as for the REALLY old days of "Mata Rocks"......Mata Rocks was originally located 5.5 miles north of San Pedro. Before it was called Mata Rocks it was "La Finca" - and before that "Los Renegados". It had a castaway-style bamboo beach bar (fabulous), 2 beach-side cabins, one "inside" room and an owner's apartment. Indeed if you found it, you were on your own private beach.
Posted By: Beachy Re: Island music? - 10/17/04 05:00 PM
Thanks to all! especially the leon russell reminder, I have a version of 'em singing the Stone's wild horses that is nice on the ears. Yep, Mana does remind me of here too. I love that Jimmy Cliff made the list, as he's one of my favorites too. I once saw him perform at the Backyard, a fantastic spot in the Texas hillcountry. There are some nice Texas references on here too! Mixing mixing mixing for the season...
Chris
Casa Picasso
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board