AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID WHITE CHRISTMAS IN HOUSTON - 12/27/04 04:07 PM
wow, do you believe it?!?
this was about 9am christmas morning after it had warmed up a bit.
it was pretty, but it sure was COLD.
i heard that this was the first recorded white christmas in houston.
just click on my shutterfly link.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANGLhiybuGjCNg
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: WHITE CHRISTMAS IN HOUSTON - 12/27/04 05:17 PM
Know the feeling! We had nearly 8" in Twin Lakes in Guy, approximately 25 miles south of Rosenburg on Hwy 36. Lived in Texas 40 years and it's the first Christmas snow i've seen. We had our 200 acre lakes freeze over in January of 1989 but little snow.
Posted By: Tom Re: WHITE CHRISTMAS IN HOUSTON - 12/27/04 07:33 PM
Gay & David
Your pics are great.
We came out of the Chistmas Eve service at church at about 8:00PM to find it snowing. Having been born in Michigan I thought I would have to fly home to have a White Christmas, never dreamed I would see one in Texas. We went to my daughter's house in Deer Park,TX to oen presents and about 2 hours later Tom came out to put things in the car and said everybody come outside. It had snpwed the whole time and there was enough to make snowballs and the grandkids got to have a snowball fight. It was truly miraculous.
Hope everone has a Great New Year.
Tom & Kat
Posted By: Windjammer Re: WHITE CHRISTMAS IN HOUSTON - 12/27/04 07:46 PM
I missed the snow in Houston but landed in snow & ice in Little Rock. My brother & I had to get a room at the Holiday Inn at the airport as we could not make it to Mom & Dad until the next day. That trip that usually takes 1&1/2 hours took 4. Never got above freezing until Christmas with low of 9. COLD!!!! Glad to be back in Texas.

Happy New Year to All.
Posted By: Grace Re: WHITE CHRISTMAS IN HOUSTON - 12/28/04 05:42 PM
Great shot! Snow is always fun when you don't have it all the time!
Posted By: MALIBU Re: WHITE CHRISTMAS IN HOUSTON - 12/29/04 10:15 PM
Gay Great pictures! First of all I want to say I am very impressed that your pool is that clean at this time of year! I can assure you mine doesn't look anything like it. Leaves, leaves, leaves!!! Do get any nesting in your bird houses?

Now, since I am so late responding to this post - it is about 72 outside here in Houston right now. What in the heck is going on? 25 one day, 72 five days later? eek We have very strange weather here!!!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: WHITE CHRISTMAS IN HOUSTON - 12/29/04 10:27 PM
We also have some very strange people here. wink
Posted By: govikes Re: WHITE CHRISTMAS IN HOUSTON - 12/29/04 10:31 PM
You would of course, being referring to yourself Ernie???? eek Oh, and also Denny. and Bill Thornton (if he really is a person). eek eek
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: WHITE CHRISTMAS IN HOUSTON - 12/29/04 10:33 PM
I beg your pardon? I am NOT very strange... I am just strange... not very. heh eek
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board